23 What happened to Sungjong?

Falling In and Out of Love [HIATUS]

A/N: Just what did happened to Sungjong? Well, this is the answer. I hope you like this update. Just so it won't confuse you, first part of this was the side story of Chapter 18. It will be told from Sungjong's POV :D

 

~~~

"Yah, Jinyoung! Let's go now! I'm so hungry"

I yelled but it seemed like I was being ignored. I stomped his feet on the ground letting my boiling anger out as I kept on stealing glances at my best friend Jinyoung and Hoya talking at the classroom. 

"What are they talking about?" I asked myself as I could feel someone tap my shoulders. I was startled as I saw our literature professor Nam Woohyun standing behind me.

"Omo! I'm sorry sonsaengnim. I didn't notice you there" I apologized and kept on bowing 45 degrees.

"Naaa~ That's okay. I was looking for you anyways."

"W-What? You're looking for me, sonsaengnim?" My eyes widen in disbelief.

Prof. Nam nodded and flashed me a smile. No, I won't buy that smile, Mr. Greaseball. 

I cleared my throat and calmed myself, sweeping away my startled expression from my face and asked him. "Waeyo?"

"I have something important to tell to you. Come to my office" Prof. Nam ordered and turned around. I followed him with nervousness starting to build up inside my heart. What could be this important thing he wanted to say to me? I wanted to tell Jinyoung about this and ask her for some help but seeing Prof. Nam smiles could mean no danger, I guess. I just sighed and kept on walking behind Prof. Nam's back and sent my bestfriend a message. Not that I haven't forget about how I saw her and the guy I admire (Hoya) talking without me on the background.

Don't seduce him or else.

I just wanted to give my bestfriend a good tease and a warning but I never meant any of those words. I just don't want to miss that moment when my best friend could probably date someone. Moments later and then I heard my phone beeped.

Don't worry my princess. He's all yours ^^

He's never mine, you babo. I said to myself. Hoya's just a friend I admire the most and I hate it when I can sense that my bestfriend thinks of me as a gay or what. I just hate being called a "gay". And what's that "princess" thingie? 

I hate you

I hate her. Not that hate hate her. god, I don't know how to put this in a sentence and now she replied with this emoticon teasing me.

:P

I need to take my revenge. And Myungsoo is the only person I could think about that would best hit her. Haha. I remembered how funny she looked back at our literature class when she accedentally spilled Myungsoo's name in everyone's ears.

Oh well, I remembered. You will no longer be attracted to my Hoya because you have Myungsoo with you

Before I could check my phone again if she has replied or not, we arrived at the faculty room. Prof. Nam gestured that I could now take a seat. He sat on his reclining chair as he swiveled to his chest drawer to get some papers and stuff. He placed it on his table.

"Take a look at these Mr. Lee"

"What are these sonsaengnim?" I examined the papers through my eyes. "Search" "Contest" "Freshman" are the words that caught my eyes.

"Papers". I gave him a very confused combined with sarcasm look. Yes, I know that those are papers and I don't need him to tell that in my face.

"No. I was just kidding". He gave me a sheepish smile and continued his explanation about this very important talk with me. "Well, as you can see there..." He pointed at the paper and I took one of those and eyed them. "Our university will be having a contest and I am the one who's in-charge of handling that." he trailed on his words

I just gave him a so-what look as he took it and continued his explanation.

"Well, I sensed that you could do great as the student in-charge of this event"

"Say what?"

"Yes. I want to appoint you, Mr. Lee as my student assistant for this event"

"What? No, sonsaengnim. I'm afraid I won't do better. I'm really sorry".

"How can you say that you couldn't do better if you haven't even tried it out?" Prof. Nam smiled reassuring me that everything will be fine.

"Okay. Okay. But what's this contest anyways?"

"It's the "Search for Mr. Freshman 2012" and it will be great if the idea should come up with the help of a freshman like you"

"Search for Mr. Freshman? Like a beauty pageant or something?

Prof. Nam nodded.

"Then why did you choose me sonsaengnim?"

"Because you're charming enough to attract girls...and guys at the same time. You could be good at convincing students in joining this contest. Or if you have some persons in mind, you could also tell them to register and join. I tell you, it won't be that hard to be in-charge of this Mr. Lee"

"You think so?"

"Yes, of course. So, what's your stand on this Mr. Lee?

I did accept Prof. Nam's offer as I like to involve myself in school activities and receiving such offers is once in a lifetime so all I have to do is do my best. I swear this month will be busy as hell. Prof. Nam told some details about the contest and I went outside the faculty room. I fished my phone out from my pocket and Jinyoung haven't said a word. Maybe, she's pissed because I bring up Myungsoo on her again.

 

~~~

Days passed and I'm really stressing myself out. The hell. Prof. Nam said that it won't be that hard and I'm cursing him for putting me on this. Who says it easy? Anyways, at least there are some people he also assigned to be part of this contest to help me out - and one of them is Jung Eunji.

"Anyeong!"

"Oh, anyeonghaseyo Eunji-ssi". I bowed and greeted her as she walked and placed her huge back pack and two huge black plastic bags on the floor. She sat beside me, fanning her face.

"It's really tiring"

"Yeah, it is" I answered. "Anyways, where did you came from? And what's with those plastic bags? It seemed heavy."

"Oh. Those" She said pointing her finger on the plastic bags. "Those are the materials for the promotions of this contest. We have to start promoting the contest all around the campus so everyone could know about this...and our efforts"

"Oh I see". I said and crawled myself to grab those plastic bags. I grabbed the art materials inside one by one and placed them on the floor. "You mean, we have to do it manually?"

She just nodded.

"We could just print it"

"It's expensive. Taking this budget Prof. Nam into consideration. Printing out will be very expensive."

"Besides, we could help our Mother Earth through this."

I laughed at her idea, though it's really great.

"You're so mean"

And with that, I stopped myself from laughing and proceeded to do the work with a smile forming into my lips. I could see her also smiled at me and we started doing the promotional posters with that serene silence surrounding us. I just laughed because I could manage to say to her that the person standing in front of me is an awesome and smart and beautiful girl.

Then I heard my phone beeped.

 

Hey Jjongie, I haven’t seen you for a while. Are you okay? Are you busy? Take care. ^^

 

It was my best friend Jinyoung and I am so, so sorry that I haven’t kept in touch with her this past few days but we have to rush things out for this contest. We posted the promotional posters and it seemed that this gonna be one exciting contest. Don’t worry Jinyoung, I’ll tell you everything. Just after the weekend pass by.