Secret Star

Falling In and Out of Love [HIATUS]

 

“I like you” Myungsoo suddenly confessed.

“Huh?”

Saying words like ‘I like you’ is a type of confession done by a person usually in unexpected moments of the other party. Since it was so surprising and impactful, it could give any person, like Jinyoung, hearing complications.

“I don’t want to repeat myself.” Myungsoo shrugged and averted his gaze from her and drank his soda.

“O-Okay. If that’s what you want, I won’t force you.” Jinyoung pouted.

Myungsoo sighed and smiled, putting his hand on his pocket. “So…” Myungsoo gave her an intimidating look. “…would you mind sharing yours?”

Jinyoung cleared , nervously looked at him as well. “Mine?” She furrowed her eyebrows, trying to rack her brain of what to say. “Oh yes! As I told you earlier, I am addicted to coffee! That’s my s-secret! Yes that’s it.”

Myungsoo tried himself not to laugh but he can’t. His laugh roared all over the roof top and he was madly hitting the railings with his hand. Jinyoung stared at him with perplexed emotions. She was nervous and embarrassed at the same time and seeing Myungsoo laugh like that annoyed her to some extent.

“Yah! I’m serious!” Jinyoung protested with her eyes glaring at Myungsoo.

“Well, I’m more serious than you do” Myungsoo said as his laughter died down. His eyes were glistening with happy tears, looking at her.

Jinyoung kept quiet and pinned her eyes on the floor. She was too afraid to make any eye contact with him as Myungsoo’s earlier words lingered in her mind. Her heart was beating so fast. Pretty thanks to being addicted to coffee, her heartbeat went up to 210BPM.

“No, I’m just kidding. You really don’t have to say anything at all” Myungsoo stared at the sky as well. Jinyoung just smiled, relieved.

The sun has completely set and darkness filled the sky. The stars were barely seen shining because of thick clouds covering the sky but they were still visible. The roof top was lit up with the lamp post surrounding the whole area. It became silent and they can hear themselves eating.

“So… what will we do on our art project?” Jinyoung was the one who broke the silence.

“Ah, yeah”. Myungsoo nodded. “I actually wanted say sorry first. I will be very busy these past few days so there won’t be a lot of time for me to help you out.

“Mwo?!?” Jinyoung cut him off. “Why?”

“Some things are just needed to be taken care of…and… Please don’t worry about that. I wanted you to know that I will do everything to help for our project. I’ll be there whenever you need help. I am really sorry about that, Jinyoung…Will you forgive me?”

“Oh, it’s okay. I can understand. But are we still going to stick at the pottery plan?”

“I guess. If it’s okay for you, it was just a suggestion”.

“I really want to do pottery”.

“Really?”

Jinyoung nodded.

“Wait, I have an idea. Why don’t we create something on our own and then… we’ll just connect our creations on our presentation?”

“Like an impromptu presentation?”

“Yes. It will be fun. Spontaneity sounds fun.”

“Sounds good, I like that”

Myungsoo just smiled. “This will prove if we were really destined for each other”

“What?”

“If our brain waves could connect, our hearts could too! That’s destiny.”

“You believe in destiny?”

“Well, you pretty made me”. Jinyoung smiled as Myungsoo continued ruffling his hair, “Aish! You made me reveal one of my secrets once again!”

Now it’s time for her to laugh. “Well, it’s not my fault for having a blabbering mouth”

Myungsoo just smiled and stared at Jinyoung. “Keep those words in mind. I’m sincere”

Jinyoung nervously averted from his gaze and changed the topic. It’s kinda suffocating her, but as much as possible, in a good way. “Come on. Let’s go home. It’s getting late. Omma surely is looking for me”. She turned her back and grabbed her things.

Myungsoo grabbed his things and their food as well. He followed her and went outside the building. Myungsoo insisted of bringing her home but she requested not tonight. She wanted to walk alone and so Myungsoo respected her decision and complied. They bade each other’s goodbye.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

“Omma, I’m home~” I called out but no one responded. And then I saw omma sitting on the couch with Sunggyu oppa. Oh, that’s why she hasn’t heard me. I secretly went to my room, tiptoeing, afraid that I will interrupt their moment. But then, I heard them talking about me and Myungsoo. Upon hearing his name, my heart leaped out on my chest as his words of “I like you” echoed inside my head. I stumbled upon the set table and it was really a miracle if they still didn’t noticed me. I winced in pain as I held my little toe finger.

“Ouch!” I cried out.

“Jinyoung? What happened to you? What are you doing there?” Omma continued asking me as I answered her with groan. I help myself to stand up but I failed. There goes Sunggyu oppa and carried me inside my room. I was surprised at his act but I was thankful at the same time. It really hurts. Omma followed us inside my room to check up on me. Sunggyu oppa has successfully sat me on my bed. I caught him rubbing his back. Probably he strained his back muscles. I just smiled upon my guilt.

Omma went near to me to check if I’m okay. I just smiled and made an “ok” sign with my hand.

“Really? You okay? I’ll go get some ice, darling. Stay still, arasseo?”

“Gomawo omma.” I replied. With that, she left the room with me and Sunggyu oppa.

I looked at him. “Oppa… thank you and sorry for bothering the both of you. I’ve seen you talking with each other so that’s why I don’t want to disturb your moment but I guess I did the opposite.” I end with a soft chuckle. “And you just hurt your back”.

“No, it’s okay! I think I’m getting old. I really need to exercise more” then he laughed making his eyes disappear. “Wait, you heard us talking?”

“Sort of. But I don’t know what you are talking about. I just heard my name and… Myungsoo.” I awkwardly painted a smile.

“Well, if that’s so. We were really talking about you and Myungsoo”

My eyes widen. “What about us, oppa?”

“Well, we’re just happy that you’re getting along with each other well. You know, Myungsoo’s been a rebel, such a bad guy. But it was from before. And I really think he changed for the better. And he changed because of you” he smiled.

“Because of me?”

“Yup. I really think he changed because of you. I can see that he’s getting more responsible right now. On behalf of Myungsoo’s parents, I want to thank you Jinyoung-ie”.

“Ah… that’s nothing oppa. Wait, oppa, where are his parents?”

“I am in no place to tell you anything about Myungsoo’s life but… Myungsoo’s not getting along well with his family, especially with his father.”

My mouth formed an “o” and nodded. “That’s okay oppa. Thanks for telling me anyways. I really appreciate that.”

Then omma went inside the room with the ice pack on her hands. She placed it on my abused small toe finger. She looked really worried and so I placed my hand on top of her hand.

“Omma, I’m sorry if I made you worry about me. Thank you for being concerned with me. The pain’s gone now. I really, really thank you omma.”

Omma just smiled at me and embraced me tightly. “Are you sure?” I nodded. “That’s good. Well, you know that I love you right? That’s why I’m doing this all for you”

“I really thank God for giving you to me omma. I’m sure appa and omma are happy in heaven because you keep me.”

With that, we released from the hug with smiles on our faces. They both went outside the room so I can change clothes while they prepare our dinner. After changing my clothes, I stared at the window and the stars reminded me of what happened a little while before, and of him.

I like you.

His voice echoed once again inside my mind. I can’t help myself but smile. My heart was racing. And I started to miss him. I don’t even know why. He is the only person who can make my heart beat stop and race at the same time. Myungsoo, what did you do to me?

 

A/N: So, so, so sorry. This chapter . I admit it, I don’t like it as well, mianhae.