Breakfast and Issues

Falling In and Out of Love [HIATUS]

 

 

A/N: I guess it's time for Hoya's POV

 

~~~

I saw a familiar looking pretty girl sitting on the bench under the shades of the huge tree. Her hair was perfectly swaying at the breeze of this cool morning. Thank God I jog at this place. She was staring at something I don’t even know what as I let my feet bring me to her.

I cleared my throat and inhaled deeply before muttering her name.

“Jinyoung?”

“H-Hoya?” she looked a little startled.

“I knew it was you”. I bit my lip and smiled a little.

“Oh…” She let out a small laugh. “What’s up? You’re living somewhere near here?” Does it mean we’re living on the same neighbourhood? What a coincidence!

“Mhmm, our house was just a few blocks away from here”. I smiled with my index finger pointing to the direction of our house. “Do you always jog in the morning?” I asked her as I wiped the sweat on my forehead. I normally not sweat a lot like this, oh crap.

She shook her head. “Nah, just for today. You?”

“I jog regularly. It’s kinda, part of my morning exercise”

“Oh I see”

She nodded as we share a little moment of silence. Crap, crap, mind, please work for me right now? I find it hard to converse with her for a very long time because I am way enjoying myself too much just by looking at her. And I feel so much contented even if we don’t have words left enough to say to each other. But I have to appear somehow a fun-to-be-with and a man-with-sense in front of her.

“So, are you going somewhere else?” I asked her. What a question Lee Howon. Crap.

“Uhm, I don’t know”. She shrugged. “Maybe home?” I gasped a little. No you can’t go home yet Jinyoung, please. You can’t go home yet. I want to share some more time with you. “Or maybe somewhere else”. She said changing her mind. Yes, that’s a great decision.

“Can I stay with you?” I suddenly asked. Well, it’s now or never. You don’t want to miss your chance Hoya.

“Huh?”

“I just want to show you something.” Yes, Hoya. Work your off. Show her whatever pleases her just so you could spend longer time with her.

She adorably furrowed her eyebrows and asked me. “What is it?”

“Just trust me” I simply stated, not wanting to spoil her, as I offer my hands to aid her from standing up. But it seems like she didn’t notice it so to avoid myself from the embarrassment, I immediately pulled my hands and put it back onto my pocket. We walk side by side and I did the talking throughout the walk. I tried my best to not stay as silent like a rock so we could enjoy the long walk. But we were really awkward. I can feel it as I noticed her being lost in her own thoughts.

“Hello?”

I waved my hands in front of her face taking her out from her trance.

“Oh, Oh, I-I’m sorry. I just…” She pinned her eyes on the ground and bashfully bit her lips. Oh God. Why does everything she does look cute on her?

I chuckled. “You’re so cute! I want to pinch your cheeks.”Omo. I just spilled my thoughts. I cleared my throat and shifted the topic. “Well, we’re here anyways”.

And so there we are, standing at the edge of the skyscraper where we could see the marvellous rising sun in our very eyes. It’s so amazing how the dim surroundings slowly lit up and how the sun warmly wraps everything within its reach. She excitedly ran into the edge and spread her arms like a butterfly. I just stared and admire her. was hung open probably because she was too much amazed at the sight. Well, who can resist the wonders of nature?

“Watch out for your drool~!” I joked as I notice her immediately close . I just laughed at her cuteness. She just pouted and gently hit my arms.

“Thanks for bringing me here Hoya. I didn’t know such things like this exist in the busy city of Seoul. Really, thanks.”

“That’s no problem. I’ll be glad bringing you here every morning”

Yes, I’ll be glad doing this everything with her every morning of every day. I just smiled without knowing what to say anymore. I keep my mouth shut and silently admired the wonderful sunrise and the wonderful person standing beside me. I just stared at her and when she caught me staring at her, I immediately averted my gaze.

“Uhm. Have you ever been in love Hoya-ssi?” she suddenly asked me.

“What?” I turned to look at her.

“Ah, no. Just forget about it” she violently shook her head and bit her lips.

I chuckled. “You’re asking me if I’ve been in love.” She gazed at me, somehow waiting for my response as I nod to affirm everything. “Yes. I think so”

“Really?”

I just nodded.

“Uhm”, she fidgeted. “How did you know…you know…how did you know if you’re finally in love?”

“You’re asking me how?”

She nodded.

“Why do you wanna know?”

“Just because…” she fidgeted again and let out a very anxious smile. “It’s okay if you won’t answer. Sorry for asking you these kinds of questions”

I chuckled and averted my gaze at her as I stared at the blue sky. “No, no. it’s okay. I’m just wondering why” I explained and I heard her sigh. We were both grasping at the handrail and both shared an awkward moment of silence. I thought about the right thing to answer. I don’t want to appear like a total dumb about issues like this. I know I’m not an expert about love but I somehow have some experiences about it. And I think I am about to experience it again.

“Well, to start off… Being in love, I don’t really exactly know how or when did I started feeling it. It’s like you’ll just feel a different feeling in ways and times you really didn’t expect to happen. You’ll feel happy and giddy and excited. You will feel everything…because love encompasses all the emotions in the earth and if you felt all these emotions you can find in a dictionary towards that same person, you’ll know it. You’re in love.”

She nodded agreeing with every word I said. “Does hatred included from those emotions?”

I rolled my eyes, thinking so hard. “Well… I guess. It does sometimes. You hate because you love that person too much. I’m not really sure about that though.”

She pouted and tore her gaze away from me and immersed herself on her own world again. Could it be that she’s thinking of someone else? Who could it be?

“Do you have some person in your mind?” I couldn’t help myself but to ask. The curiosity is killing me.

She gasped upon hearing my question.

“Huh?” she looked at me with uneasy eyes. “No, no. I was just asking” and she turned her back from me. “Come on, let’s go now. The sun’s way up high. It’s time to go home”

I smiled at her and followed her footsteps but I was still wondering if she really has this certain person who is troubling her and her feelings. I just wished I was that person. I chuckled at my own thoughts and mentally hit my head for being so presumptuous. Well, I just only wished. But if it’s not me, I’ll make that person be me.

“I’ll take you home” I proposed.

“Huh? I can go home by myself” she answered.

“Taking you home won’t hurt” I insisted.

She rolled her eyes but smiled after. “If you insist”

I smiled and catch up on her as we walk side by side. We talked about the sun, about the constellations, about everything under the sun except the little interrogation that we shared a while ago. Not long after, we were standing in front of her house.

“So, goodbye Hoya. And thank you again for showing that to me”

“That’s no problem. See you soon.”

She watched me as I turned my back only to be halted by a young-looking woman in front of me.

“Uhm, excuse me…” the lady started.

“Omma!” I heard Jinyoung spoke on my back. I turned to Jinyoung and then turned to the lady standing in front of me. I so did not know of what was happening around me as the woman spoke again.

“Are you her classmate?”

“Omma…” Jinyoung called the woman again and went to stand beside her. “Uhm, omma, he’s Hoya. He’s my classmate on literature class” she smiled a little. “Uhm, Hoya, she’s my uhm…mom”.

My mouth formed an ‘o’ and I bowed at her and greeted. “Anyeonghaseyo, Hoya imnida”.

“Come on, have your breakfast inside the house” the woman offered.

I pointed my index finger to myself asking if she was referring to me.

She nodded. “Come on inside, Hoya-geun” the woman put her hand over Jinyoung’s shoulder and she put the other on my waist practically dragging us inside the house. I smiled at her warm welcome and I caught Jinyoung smiling too on the other side.

Misun noona, as she wanted to be called coz she’s too young to be an ahjumma, went inside the kitchen to prepare for our breakfast as Jinyoung and I sat on the chairs on the set table.

“Sorry if I bothered the both of you” I apologized at Jinyoung for the unexpected situation I was in.

“Oh no! Don’t worry about it Hoya-geun”, noona butted in as she placed the three plates on the table. “Jinyoung-ie’s friends are welcome here 24/7”. She said as she went on the kitchen again to grab our meal. When noona returned with the tray of fried eggs, bacon, and toasts on her hand as she placed it again on the table, she suddenly confesses. “You know, you are the first guy that Jinyoung brought inside the house, Hoya-geun”. She beamed and gestured the both of us to grab breakfast.

We accidentally touched hands as we grab the same piece of toast. I let her grab it and I grab some else. Jinyoung was awkwardly smiling which made me a little uncomfortable.

“So, Hoya-geun…Are you courting my daughter?”

“M-mwo?” I almost choked on my food with that sudden question sand Jinyoung offered me the glass of orange juice. I coughed and excused myself for choking. I was just surprised at noona’s straightforwardness.

“Omma…” Jinyoung whined.

She chuckled. “No, I was just kidding Hoya-geun! Well, I was just telling you that Jinyoung here…” She faced her. “Jinyoung has a boyfriend now so if you want to court her, you shouldn’t be”

“Omma!” Jinyoung’s tone rose higher.

Misun noona’s eyes widened as well as mine. Wait, what? She has a boyfriend now? Who is that lucky guy? Crap. Did I lose my chance?

“Wait. Isn’t Myungsoo your boyfriend?” Noona eyed and asked Jinyoung. Wait. Did I hear it right? Myungsoo? Who’s Myungsoo? Is he the same Myungsoo I was working with at the café? I just stared at the two with awe.

“Omma! He’s not my boyfriend”. She pouted and crossed her arms.

“So he hasn’t asked you yet?”

“Omma…please stop. It’s embarrassing” Jinyoung somehow whispered at noona as she looked at me with uneasiness in her eyes. “I’m sorry Hoya…”

“Aigoo…I was just asking”, Noona pouted and showed a little aegyo. Omo. She could still pull off this aegyo tactics pretty efficiently. “Anyways, as I was saying…”

“Omma” Jinyoung warned her with a dead serious tone.

“Okay, okay. As I was saying, let’s continue eating our yummy breakfast!” She clapped her hands and munched the toast. Jinyoung sighed and drank her glass of orange juice. I just dig into the toast and dig into the nerves of my brain trying to decipher if the Myungsoo noona was talking about was the same Myungsoo I was working at the café. I just hoped that he isn’t coz he’s a complete jerk. I knew he is. And Jinyoung doesn’t deserve jerks like him.

 

 

 A/N: Do I sense some rivalry here or not? Lol. I pretty love this chapter in some ways.

 

And I am taking advantage of the internet connection so I keep on updating. Hahaha. Please enjoy my updates and please leave a comment coz I want to hear you guys. Kamsahamnida~ ^^
And oh, I just wanna say CONGRATULATIONS to INFINITE for their TRIPLE CROWN! Hooray! I am so proud of them. And yes, yes, yo! Gyugyu is no longer the LOSER! lololol Are you guys watching Ranking King? Omo. They are so funny! Just sharing... XD