CHAPTER 50 – “Uh-Ohh"

Follow Your Heart

As Kim was walking out of the house, she can’t seem to see Gerald beaten up. Yes, she hates him for what he did, she’s mad at him, but she loves him anyway. Love? Oh yes! She just can’t admit it to herself. Also, the fact that she now remembers everything, it helped her figure things up and give him a chance.

She stormed out of the house kahit malakas pa ang ulan “Stop it!!! Stop!!! Stop!!!”

Natigilan ang mga security and binitawan nila si Gerald whose eyes, lips and nose are bleeding.

“Who told you to beat him up? Kim was hysterical as she rushed in the rain and held Gerald’s body on her lap.

“Sorry po maam Kim.” One security said

Gerald can’t seem to talk. He was completely knocked out. The security then helped Kim to bring him inside the house. They brought him in the guest room before they left.

“Sabi ko kasi sa yo umalis ka na! Tignan mo tuloy yang nangyari sa yo! Ang tigas tigas ng ulo mo!” Kim scolded him as she his wet polo.

“Maam Kim, eto na po yung damit ni Sir William na hinihingi niyo.” Manang Connie said as she entered the room

“Sige manang salamat po. Magpahinga na po kayo. Ako nang bahala dito”

“Sige po.” Then she left

“Hmmmmm….” Gerald murmured. He was completely cold, shaking and coughing at the same time because of the rain.

“Eto damit ni kuya. Magpalit ka muna at magpapalit rin muna ako.” She left him the clothes and went out of the room.

When she left, Gerald sighed “I don’t know if I should thank the security for beating me up.” He told himself.

He then turned to the bathroom to clean himself up. On the other hand, Kim changed to her tank top and short shorts then she hurriedly went back to the guest room with an ice bag and a cup of tea for Gerald.

When she entered the room, Gerald was still in the bathroom so she picked his clothes, looked into the mirror and straightened herself. She fixed her hair and applied small amount of lip gloss she got from her pocket. “Eh Kimmy, bakit ka nagpapaganda??? Tumigil ka nga” she fought herself.

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened, and there, she saw him half . He was only with his walking shorts on. He seemed pale and kitang kita niya na ngayon lahat ng natamo niyang sugat. Namamaga ang kaliwang mata niya and pumutok din ang lips niya. Oh, it hurts!

She swallowed hard and Gerald noticed her actions so he smiled in his mind.

“Oh eto. Humigop ka muna ng mainit para mahimasmasan ka.” She handed him a cup of tea

“Thanks.”

“Uhmm.. Hindi ka ba magbibihis? Lalo kang giginawin niyan eh” Kim sounded casual

“Nahihirapan kasi ako itaas itong mga braso ko eh, medyo masakit” He said a matter of factly.

“Ganun ba? Oh sige, ibalot mo muna tong towel sa yo.” She handed him a towel

“Thank you ulit”

Long silence…

“Aah… Nagdala pala ako ng ice bag. Lika, iapply natin to sa mga sugat mo para hindi na lalong mamaga.” Kim went closer to him. He was sitting at the edge of the bed and she sat beside him.

As she went on his eyes, he moved “Ouch”

“Sorry…” then she continued

Gerald was just staring at her. She looked away and pretended to focus on the ice bag she applies on his face.

When she went on the portion of his lips, she looked in his eyes, and there, she saw him still looking in her eyes. They stared in each other’s eyes for quite a long time. “Uh-oh… Wrong move” She told herself. And this is where it started

Suddenly, she saw his face getting closer from hers. She’s moving back but then he caught her face. He cupped her left cheek and finally, his lips landed on hers. He locked her in his arms and she dissolved by his touch. She was expecting a soft and tender kiss because his lips was swollen. But Gerald seemed to forget it. His kiss was commanding as his tongue soared deep within her. He tasted her hungrily as if he was deprived for food for a very long time. In no time, Kim was on her back. She can feel the softness of the bed sheet.

She didn’t realize she is responding equally to the pleasure Gerald is giving her. It wasn’t just a kiss. Gerald seemed to express all his feelings and emotions to her by the way he kissed her. He tasted and explored everything inside her.

Kim was trapped beneath him, his lips then landed on her neck. His left arm supports his weight while his other hand pulls Kim’s tank top off her shoulder. Kim’s mind tells her to stop doing this, but whom is she betraying? Her heart rejoices as her body anticipated on the next move.

Her hands went on his neck. He withdrew deeper as he went on the valley between her chest. The towel that wraps his body fell on the floor.

“Tok! Tok! Tok!” they heard a knock from the door.

Parang nagising si Kim sa reality “What am I doing?!” she pushed him off the bed, got up and straightened herself.

She opened the door “Ate Twinx!”

“Ki---“…………  “Oooooohhh” Twinkle when she saw Gerald half lying on the bed. She noticed her little sis who seemed to be breathless.

“I’m so sorry Kimmy. I just thought you needed my help.. Sorry talaga kung naistorbo ko kayo. I better go”

“No no.. You didn’t disturb anything… Actually, I need your help kasi hindi naman ako nurse. Hindi ko alam yung mga dapat kong gawin sa kanya… Come in, hindi raw kasi maisuot ni Ge yung shirt niya kasi masakit yung braso niya.”

“Okay ka lang sis? You seemed to be caught in the act.” She

“Ate!”

“Okay okay… Konting hilot lang to……. Or gusto mo ikaw ang maghilot” Twinkle said as she walked inside the room

“Ate!”

“Sabi ko nga, ako na maghihilot eh”

Habang ginagamot ni Twinkle si Gerald, she noticed him and Kim stealing glances at each other. She continued and helped him put his shirt on.

“Ayan.. okay na… Sige, maiwan ko na kayo.” Twinkle said and walked out of the room.

 Kim was about to follow her but Gerald caught her arm

“Kim, I’m sorry.”

“Magpahinga ka na. I’ll go now.” She turned away

“Wait! Kim, I’m sorry again for what happened. I didn’t mean to--- I mean, yeah. I really wanted to do it with you for a very long time but I have big respect to you and I’m sorry I got carried away.”

“Forget it… Let’s not talk about it.”

“Kim… We should…. Kung hindi dumating si Ate Twinkle, I know something more would have happened.”

“Will you stop----“

“Yeah… I know you hated me. But I can feel you still love me. Kim, I’m not asking you to forgive me right now….. I’m just asking you to give me a chance…. A chance to show you how much I love you and how much I love our daughter too…. Please let me be the one to fix these things for us… Let me be the one to make you happy for the sake of our daughter….. Kim… When you had your amnesia, I asked you to start again…. And we made it!.... Can we please start again for the nth time?... Even from the very beginning…. I love you very much and I can’t give you up.”

“I now remember everything.” She responded

“You mean, you’re amnesia’s gone?”

She nodded

“Good Lord!” he rushed to hug her tight..

“Ge!” she’s pushing him off

“I’m sorry…. I’m just happy… Just happy…”

“I better go…” Kim said nd walked away

“Wait! I haven’t heard you answer my question.”

She smiled at him and walked out of the door.

Gerald took it as a yes. “Does she mean she’s giving me a chance to start again? Is that a yes? Oh come on! You better get ready for your courting skills Gerald. Because the moment I catch you, I’m never gonna let you go!” he told himself