CHAPTER 17 – Happy Birthday Gerald

Follow Your Heart

The whole day, Kim, Xian and all the department heads were busy still planning for their upcoming project.

Kim’s phone was left inside her bag in her office. 8pm na and they’re still in the board room. She even forgot that she has to meet Gerald by 6pm.

Gerald, on the other hand, was still waiting for Kim to come. Two hours na niyang kinocontact si Kim and she’s still not answering. He got so worried so he decided to call Kim’s secretary.

The secretary told him that Kim’s still inside the board room. He was relieved when he knew that Kim’s still in a meeting and nothing bad happened to her again. But still, nagtatampo pa rin siya kay Kim.

He decided to just go to the bar to release his stress, his dismay and celebrate his birthday alone.

It’s already 10pm when Kim and other board members finished their meeting. When she checked her phone, she saw 50 missed calls and messages from Gerald.

“Oh No!” she blurted out ….

“Bakit? Pauline asked …..

“Magkikita pala dapat kami ni Gerald by 6pm. Nakalimutan ko. Pano ba to?” Kim was worried dahil pinaghintay niya si Gerald and was not able to answer all his calls.

“Ayy oo nga pala, birthday ni Gerald ngayon kaya kayo magkikita. Call him na lang, malay mo, naghihintay pa rin siya. Pakisabi na lang happy birthday. Mauna na ako Kimmy ah, naghihintay na si Neil sa lobby eh. Bye” then Pauline left.

Kim was still shocked when she knew that it was Gerald’s birthday and she didn’t even had a chance to greet him nor prepare a present for him.

“OMG! I’m sorry Gerald! I’m Sorry!” paulit ulit na sinasabi ni Kim while trying to contact him.

But his phone was unreachable. Lalong nag alala si Kim.

“Tanga mo talaga Kim! Tanga!” she said to herself repeatedly while going downstairs.

Nagpahatid na lang siya sa company driver nila papuntang Serendra. When she checked the resto where she was about to meet him, hindi niya nakita si Gerald.

She searched the whole Serendra but Gerald was nowhere to be found. Sobrang nag aalala na si Kim. She tried to call all his friends even his parents pero hindi naman daw nila nakita si Gerald.

She decided just to go home and wait for Gerald to come home.

Kim felt so sorry and stupid for not giving importance to Gerald’s birthday. “Nasaan ka na ba Ge? I’m so sorry” she texted him.

Nasaan na nga ba si Gerald?