CHAPTER 25 – A Perfect Night

Follow Your Heart

The next day went by so fast. Kim was busy all day and night for their final preparations for the event.

While fixing her things inside her office, Xian knocked and she let him in.

“Kim, Im so sorry about yesterday. Nadala ako ng sobra sa emotions ko for you. Im sorry kung naiinis ka na sa pangungulit ko sa yo. Pero Kim, lahat ng sinabi ko sa yo ay totoo. Mahal pa rin kita. Mahal na mahal. At kahit hindi mo man masuklian ang pagmamahal ko sa yo, nandito pa rin ako para pasayahin ka at suportahan ka sa mga desisyon mo.” He said sadly

Kim touched both his hands.

“Thank you for loving me. But Xian, this is so unfair to you. Why don’t you just spend your love to somebody else. Xian, ang dami daming babae diyan na pwedeng suklian ang pagmamahal na ibibigay mo. I want you too to be happy. Please move on. I don’t even remember kung paano at bakit tayo naghiwalay noon. Pero kung anuman yung nangyari, ayoko na ring malaman kasi masaya na ako ngayon. Sobra. Sana maging masaya  ka na rin.” She said it then left.

 

The next day is the biggest day for Kim’s company. Big bosses whom they consider their opportunity investors started to arrive WC Hotel. Kim arrived together with Gerald to her. She’s wearing a simple but elegant white dress that goes up to her knees. She had her hair curled and her face has light make up. Everyone was stunned to see her. She was a goddess that fell from the heavens of beauty.

Gerald whispered in her ear when they stepped out of the car. “Have I told you how beautiful, y, alluring, and adoring you are?” ……

“Aww Baby, so many times!” …..

“I cant even trust myself to you. You look so yummy” he naughtily whispered to her ears.

“Sshh, honey, behave ka nga!.... Sa totoo lang, kanina pa nanginginig tong mga buto ko. Kinakabahan akong humarap sa mga big clients namin.”

“Oh come on! Ikaw? Kinakabahan? …. You look so perfect. And honey, tignan ka pa lang nila, mapapabilib mo na sila. I know you can do it. Nandito lang ako okay? I love you” Gerald said and gave her a smack just in time Xian came in the hotel lobby. He looked away and walked straight inside the grand ballroom.

The night went by so good. Kim presented their proposal and a lot of investors signed. The launching of Xian’s company’s new product was also a success. After the program, the dance party started.

Kim was still busy talking with their new business partners. Gerald was so proud of her.

“Congratulations to us! Kimmy! Specially to you! Ang galing galing mo! We’re so proud of you” Pauline joyfully said when Kim sat with her team on their table.

“Naku, congrats sa ting lahat! Kung hindi dahil sa inyo, hindi magiging successful tong gabing to. Thank you guys sa inyo.” Kim humbly said.

Xian  went on their table “Congratulations Kim! And thank you sa lahat ng tulong mo, ng tulong niyo!” …..

“Thank you din Mr. Lim, kung hindi naman dahil sa yo, wala namang event na to.” Kim said casually. “It’s  so nice dealing with you Mr. Lim” then she offered him her hand for a handshake.

Gerald was so irritated from afar watching the scene. But he cant do anything because its all professional and fpr business only. He was a bit drunk due to the wine he keeps on drinking since the event started.

He walked straight to their table. “Hi honey! Congratulations! Im so proud of you!”

Kim got up and hugged Gerald. “Its all because of you baby! I love you!” ……

“I love you too.” 

He said then “Can I have this dance?” ……

 “Oh, Im all yours tonight my love” then she held his hands and they walked towards the center of the dance floor where many couples are enjoying their night.

He held her waist using both his hands. Kim put both her hands on his shoulder, and together, their foreheads touched, savoring the moment. Both of them danced to the tune of music with so much love.

They were in their own world and did not pay attention to the excitement and noise of the people in the ballroom around them. He gently placed his hands on either side of her face and slowly brought her face close to his.

Everyone whose watching them, felt their love for each other and just enjoyed watching them.

Together, they danced with the song played

“I love you so much. There is nothing I could ask for” Gerald said

“I love you too. You don’t know how lucky I am to have you in my life” Kim said

They sealed their love with a kiss that caught the attention of everyone. They stopped the kiss when they heard the guests clap and holler. They smiled at them, and hugged each other.