CHAPTER 14 – Ang Cheesy

Follow Your Heart

Kim woke up at the Highlands Hotel suite without Gerald on her side.

“Ge?” She searched their whole suite but Gerald was nowhere to be found.

She found some of her clothes hung on the closet so she decided first to take a bath and wore a blue summer dress which emphasizes more of her long and shapely legs.

“Nasaan na kaya yung lalakeng yun?” she said to herself

When she went down, at the hotel lobby, a cute little girl gave her a piece of red rose.

“Hi Ate Kimmy, this one is for you” then the girl kissed her on her cheeks and ran away.

As she walked towards the pool area, three children came to her and each of them offered her roses then they left.

“Wait!” Kim yelled but the children ran out so fast.

While crossing the bridge, a man riding a bicycle full of candies gave her a cotton candy.

“Kuya wait, eto yung bayad!” ….

“Nabayaran na yan!” then the man left along with his cotton candy bicycle

“Ano nanaman kaya pinaplano ng Gerald na yun? Ibang klase talaga mangsurprise yun!” Kim said to herself.

While walking towards the lake park, she eats her cotton candy, eight more children came to her and each of them offered her red roses.

She saw the children run towards the playground so she followed them.

When she reached the playground, the children are all playing in the swing with their backs facing Kim.

Each of the children’s shirts contain letters. And when she read it, it says: “I LOVE YOU KIM!” She doesn’t know what to do. Ang smile niya hanggang tenga. Kilig na kilig siya!

Then she saw Gerald coming with ice cream cones on his hands then the children left them.

He guided her toward the swing then they both sat. He handed her an ice cream cone,

“Ge?” ……

“Hmmm?” ……

“Bakit cone lang? Nasaan yung ice cream?” Kim asked…

Then Gerald faced her and said “Natunaw na eh, kakatitig sa yo!”

Kim’s smile got wider.

 “Ahh Kim, kinain mo na siguro yung cotton candy noh?” Gerald asked ….

“Ahmm,,, oo, pano mo nalaman? ……

“Ang tamis kasi ng smile mo eh!” Gerald answered….

Mas lalong kinilig si Kim. Kahit corny mga banat sa kanya ni Ge, super pa rin ang kilig niya.

“Kim, alam mo bang Scientist ako?” …….

“Haaaahhh?” ……

“At ikaw ang lab ko…..” Gerald said hiding his smile.

“Ayoko nang bolahin ka pa Kim, baka kasi tumalbog ka pa at makuha ng iba……… Alam mo ba, etong puso ko, mura lang talaga to eh. Pero simula nang makilala kita, biglang nagmahal! At kapag sinubukan mong silipin ang laman nito, promise ko sa yo, para ka lang nananalamin at tumitingin ng photo album mo!”

Kim just laughed at him. “Alam mo ang corny mo! Ano ba yang pinagsasabi mo diyan?” …..

“Di ba sabi ko sa yo, we start from the beginning. Do you know that this is exactly how I confessed my love for you before? Do you know that this is how I started courting you? We were at the University grounds then, and I paid some children just to connive with them.

She nodded... Long silence

“Ahmmmm,, Ge?” ……

“Hmmm?” ……

“Pwede bang ayusin mo yung tali nitong swing?” …..

“Hah?! Bakit naman? Sira ba?” Gerald sounded worried ……

“Eh kasi, baka mahulog ako sa yo sa sobrang kilig eh!” Kim blurted then Gerald smiled and gave her a smack on the lips.