CHAPTER 40 – New Little Kimmy

Follow Your Heart

It’s been two weeks since the newlyweds came back from their honeymoon vacation. Kim filed her early maternity leave to be extra careful on her condition. In fact, she appointed Maja and Pauline to take charge of her duties. The girls fully understand her and they accepted the duties willingly.

Today’s the schedule of Kim’s ultrasound. And her husband cancelled all his business meetings without any hesitation to give his full support for his family.

“You ready baby?” Gerald asked as he put on his clothes.

Kim just went out of the bathroom. She raised her eyebrows at him and gave the wildest smile. “Im so excited!...... Quite nervous as well” she made a big sigh.

Gerald stepped closer at her. He held her waist as his other hand caressed her face. “Bakit ka kinakabahan?”

“Wala lang. Syempre first time ko magiging mommy. Gusto ko maging malusog at malakas yung magiging baby natin. Siguro kinakabahan lang ako kasi hindi ko alam kung anu ano yung mga gagawin sa akin ng doctor!” she giggled.

“Sus! Ang baby ko takot pala sa doctor! Don’t worry, hindi naman kita iiwan eh, What’s the exact time pala ng check up mo?”

“10am”

“9 na. We better get going. Basta wag ka na magworry ah? Alam mo namang ikaw ang number one baby ko eh.”

“Number one? Ibig sabihin may number two ka rin?” Kim frowned and faked that she’s mad at him.

Gerald laughed at her “Yung baby ko talaga! Nagseselos agad! Syempre, yung pangalawang baby ko ay siya” he touched her growing tummy and caressed it. “Kayong dalawa lang ang baby ko”

Kim smiled at him “Siguraduhin mo lang Geraldo! Kung hindi, dun kita patutulugin sa labas!”

“Yes boss!” he saluted and kissed her on her cheek.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the hospital…

The secretary welcomed them “Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Anderson! Please hold on for a moment. I’ll just check if Dra. Santos is ready for you guys.”

“Sure! Go ahead!” Gerald muttered

He touched Kim’s hands and intertwined it with his. He raised it so that his lips could touch it. “Ang lamig ng kamay mo hon.”

“Excited na ko!”

Just in time, the secretary arrived: “You guys are next! Please follow me”

The nurse guided Kim to change into a hospital gown while Gerald waits for her outside. Doctor Santos arrived inside “You ready Kimmy?”

“Yes doc!”

“Alright! Let’s start this! Where’s your husband?”

“Oh, he’s outside. Uhm, nurse, can you please call my husband?”

After a few seconds, Gerald comes in. He immediately went near his wife and held both her hands as Doctor Santos and the technician are getting ready.

As the procedure started, Kim tightened her grip on his husband’s hands and they keep on seeing the monitor.

“Oh! Everything seems perfect guys!” Doctor Garcia said… “Congratulations! You have a baby girl!”

“Baby girl? May little Kimmy na tayo!” Gerald rejoiced as he kissed her wife’s hands.

“Here’s her heartbeat. And tignan niyo kung sino ang kamukha!”

“Baby, kamukha mo!” Kim said as she caress her husband’s face from behind her.

“The baby looks healthy! Mukhang alagang alaga ni daddy si baby at si mommy ah!”

“Syempre doc!”

After a few moments, Gerald helped his wife to change her clothes from hospital gown.

“Im so excited to break the news to everyone! Thank you baby for giving me a healthy baby girl” he then planted a soft kiss on her head.

Kim careressed his face. “Ano ka ba Ge? Kung hindi dahil sa pag aalaga mo sa amin ni baby, hindi siya magiging healthy nang ganun. Kaya thank you! Thank you kasi the best kang maging daddy!”

“Ibalita na natin yan kina mommy! Daan na tayo dun after this”

“Sige, tatawagan ko lang sila ate.”

Inside the car…

“Hello ate?”

“Oh Kimmy? Kamusta? Nakapag pre natal ka na?”

“Yes ate! And guess what? Tama yung mga sinasabi nila Mel na Im carrying a baby girl! Ma bago na tayong baby girl sa family!”

“Talaga!? Naku, magkakaroon na ng kalaro si baby Raine natin! Kamusta naman siya?”

“Thank God, healthy siya. Kailan pala kayo bibisita dito sa Manila?”

“On your 7th month. Tatapusin lang naming lahat ng projects dito. And we’ll stay there before you give birth.”

“Sige ate! So excited to see you again!”

“You take care ha? Wag matigas ang ulo at susunod ka sa mga orders ni Ge. Wag ka munang magwowork at magpahinga ka lang palagi. Sabi ni Twinkle wag ka raw masyadong maggagagalaw and wag ka masestress okay?”

“Yes ate Kams!”

They turned to the Andersons’ to break the news. Everyone was glad and excited to see the new baby girl in the family.