CHAPTER 45 – I Hate Him

Follow Your Heart

“Kimmy… Hindi pwedeng lagi ka na lang ganito. You should atleast eat para kahit papano lumakas ka.” Lakam explained Kim while she disposes the food in which Kim wasn’t able to eat again.

It’s been three days since Kim saw Gerald on their last encounter. Araw araw nagbabantay pa rin si Gerald sa asawa niya without her knowledge. Kapag nandiyan ang mga kapatid ni Kim, he goes home para makapagpahinga. Right now, he’s giving her the space she needs para makapag isip pa si Kim.

Since rin when the baby was eliminated from her, she is receiving her daily therapies and examinations to make sure that her heart is at a good condition. God is good kasi her heart is responding well sa mga treatments na binibigay sa kanya.

Yun nga lang, after her last encounter with Gerald, she seemed like a blind woman staring at nothing all the time. She also seemed like mute and deaf kasi she doesn’t even listen nor talk to anyone. Her body just goes with the flow kung anuman ang gawin sa kanya.

She coldly looked back at her Ate Lakam whose handing her a spoonful of sopas. Her face was blank and cold and she seemed like a moving statue, then she turned back again and stared at nothing.

Until now, hindi pa rin mataggap ni Kim the fate that has happened to her daughter. Masakit para sa kanyang mamatay ang sarili niyang anak para lang ipalit sa buhay niya. For her, she felt like the end of her world.

And all these ay sinisisi niya kay Gerald. She thinks that if only he let her suffer and die in the end, her little daughter will have experienced the good of life.

She hates him so much. She didn’t even think the good side and his intentions kung bakit niya nagawa yun. Bakit nga ba? He was left with no other choice! Ayaw niya man mamili between his wife and daughter, he has to choose only one from them. Pero those reasons ay hindi naiintindihan ni Kim. Right now, galit at poot lang nararamdaman niya for Gerald, her husband. Her mind and heart are clouded with anger, dismay to her husband and fears of what other people would tell about her being a selfish mom.

“I hate you.” She blurted, still staring at nothing. “I HATE YOU!!!” She yelled

Lakam was taken aback. “Kimmy, just calm down. Kakatapos lang ng treatment mo. Baka kung ano ang mangyari sa yo.” She sounded worried

“I don’t care about my life” she said coldly. “I don’t care about my life anymore! What’s the point of my life kung wala na ang anak ko? What’s the point ng pagiging ina ko???” she yelled.

“Kimmy, listen to me. Your life’s not worthless. You should be taking care of yourself. You should be treasuring your life right now! Kasi that’s what your daughter offered you, that’s what she gave you kaya if you want to make your daughter’s life worth it, you should make your life worthy too.”

Kim was still staring at nothing. At that point, all the words Lakam keeps on telling her functions in her mind. But right now, nababalot pa rin ito ng galit and she’s still not yet ready to face her life. She’s still not yet ready to accept the fact that her daughter’s gone.

“Kim…….. Don’t blame all these things to your husband. You should also think na kung nasasakatan ka ngayon, mas nasasaktan siya….. He was left with no other choice. Hindi niya kasalanang mahalin ka nang lubos lubusan.”

“Leave me alone.” Kim said coldly

“Kimmy, kailangan mong kuma-----“

“I said, leave me alone!” Kim’s voice raised but not that she shouted at her ate Lakam.

Lakam then nodded slowly and went out of the room. “Magulo pa ang isip niya” she said in her mind.

She phoned Gerald “Hello Ge?”

“Hello ate? Kamusta po si Kim?”

She sighed “Ayun, her heart’s responding well sa mga treatments and other therapies na ginagawa sa kanya. Pero right now, she still doesn’t seem to talk to anyone. Specially to you. She hates you so much.”

Gerald was just listening, trying to digest Lakam’s words, when suddenly tears are forming on his lids again

Lakam continued “I tried to explain everything to her. But she doesn’t listen. Hindi niya pa rin nakikita ang good reason behind it”

He sniffed and asked “Uuwi ka na ba ate?”

“Yes, dederecho na ako sa hotel. I think they need me right now. Ayaw ni Kim ng kasama right now. Anyway, nagbilin ako sa mga staff na bantayan si Kim 24/7.”

“Sunduin na kita diyan ate. After kita ihatid sa hotel, ako na ulit ang magbabantay kay Kim.”

“O sige. I’ll wait for you in the lobby.”

“Sige ate, see you in 15”