CHAPTER 49 – I Remember

Follow Your Heart

There was long silence. Gerald moved a little backward to check Kim on her window… But she didn’t show herself there. He sighed deeply… Gaining courage for him to speak.

Finally,…. “Kim” he said softly

Kim was still on her place as she tried to listen.

Gerald continued “It’s been a month since we’ve talked. I respect your decision and gave you the space you needed… Kim, this month’s have been pure hell to me. Dealing with my life without you as my wife is tough…. Very tough… Kim, can you just give me your time to talk about these? You know, we can’t just leave these things behind… We should work this out together.”

Long silence….

“Kim?”

She finally showed herself up the window “Gerald… Nothing changed!!! Sa tingin mo ba after you sang that song I’d be convinced to talk to you? Gerald… Please… Wag mo na akong pahirapan… Wag mo na rin pahirapan yang sarili mo… My life’s going well right now… And you know what? When you showed yourself up, I remembered again the things I wanted to forget for a very long time. And that hurts! Again!”

“Kim, NASASAKTAN DIN AKO!!!” He yelled. “Sobrang sakit na” and he cried again.

“Gerald, maraming tao dito ang nangangailangan ng tulog at pahinga…. Kaya pwede ba, umalis ka na at wag nang mag eskandalo pa.” she said coldly

“Kim, hindi naman ako nag eeskandalo…. Gusto lang kitang makausap… Please…” he pleaded

“There’s nothing for us to talk about. Umalis ka na…”

“Kim…. Hindi ako aalis dito hangga’t hindi ka nakikipag usap! Kahit anong mangyari maghihintay ako dito.”

“Hindi pa ba tayo nag uusap?” Kim said sarcastically

“Kim, we need to talk about this properly. Gusto kong maayos na natin to. Sige na, please. I want you to understand me and our situation.”

“I won’t understand you…. You better show yourself off.” She said it and closed her window

But Gerald was persistent “Kim!!! Hindi ako aalis dito hangga’t hindi natin to napag uusapan!”

“Fine” she said herself. She went back to bed and covered her face with pillow.

Suddenly, she felt that it was raining outside…

“Oh no! Nandun pa ba si Gerald? Baka magkasakit siya sa ginagawa niya! Ano ka ba?! Bakit mo siya iniisip? Dapat lang sa kanya yan! Oh Lord, please stop the rain and let him go home.” Crazy things are fighting over her head right now “Matulog ka na nga! Pabayaan mo siyang mabasa ng ulan!” But how can she sleep? The rain’s getting heavier. She even heard thunderstorms that caused her to put another pillow on her head.

But she can’t stop worrying about him “Will you stop thinking about him?!!! Think of other things….. Uggh… The children! Oh yes! the children at the orphanage!..... And…. Uhmm… that “Kuya pogi!” But as she thought of that “Kuya Pogi, it was Gerald who came in her mind again. She remembered his handsome face and well built body. She remembered his cute smile the first time she met him at the university square and how she tried to make pa-cute when he’s coming

Arrgghhh! Think again! Shopping!” When she thought of it, she remembered Gerald again and remembered how they used to go out together and go shopping. She remembered him closing the mall for them to go private shopping, she remembered him lost his wallet the first time he treated her for movie and it was her who paid all the expenses.

!!!! !!!! Think again! Think again!!!! Uhmmm.. friends? Yes!..... Pau…. Neil… Maj… Mat” and as she thought of their friends, she remembered him again and how they used to bond with each other, how the guys skipped their classes just to prepare and surprise them on their monthsaries.

“Stop it!!! ….. Come on Kimmy….. Think of other things!!! Think! Think! Argghh…. Okay, uhmm… Dad… Ate Kams…. Ate Twinks…. Kuya William… JP…..” As she thought of her family, she remembered the first time she introduced Gerald to them and they liked him so much. They even spilled her embarrassing secrets with him on their first dinner with her family. She also remembered his grandest wedding proposal on his father’s 60th birthday where Gerald sang “Marry Your Daughter” in front of her father and in front of one thousand guests.

“Wait a minute!”She suddenly got up. She can still feel the heavy rain outside. She touched her forehead and held her head. She lightly the strands of her hair “What did I just remember? Was I daydreaming when I thought of those stuffs?” she asked herself. She just remembered all her past memories. Is her amnesia gone? Yes! “I completely rembember everything!” she said as she tried to look back on the past events of her life.

She now remembers how deeply in love she was with Gerald before she fell in love with him again the moment she had her amnesia. She remembered the sweet words, the “We’ll always be together” words and other crazy things.

Suddenly, she heard a knock from her door. It was her her Ate Kams.

“Ate? Gabi na ah… May problema ba?”

“Kimmy… Sabi ni Mang Jimmy, nakapasok raw sa gate natin si Gerald. When he saw Gerald malapit sa garden, sobrang lakas na ng ulan pero ayaw pa rin niyang umalis. Aalis lang daw siya kapag nakipag usap ka.”

“Pakisabi na lang kay Mang Jimmy, ---------------------“ 

“Maam! Yung lalake po sa labas binubugbog na po ng security natin!!!” Manang Connie rushed to tell them.

“Whaatt?” Kim exclaimed as she felt goosebumps all over her body…

“Opo maam. Pinipilit na raw po nila kaladkarin palabas pero ayaw pong magpaawat… Kahit umuulan po hindi raw siya aalis hangga’t hindi kayo nakakausap.”

“Kimmy… Go and talk to him. He needs you right now….. Go!!!” Lakam said

Kim was hesitate at first but she has to stop the security from hurting Gerald so she hurriedly walked out.