CHAPTER 41

Follow Your Heart

Kim’s pregnancy is getting tougher. On her 5th month of pregnancy, she became so moody. Palagi na lang umiinit ang ulo niya specially to her husband. Gerald, on the other hand had nothing to do but to understand her because of her condition.

She was also now on her maternity leave kaya kapag nasa work si Gerald, palagi siyang naiiwan sa bahay mag  isa. Her husband asked for someone who can accompany her and help her at home but she insisted na kaya niya mag isa.

One Friday afternoon, she felt very dizzy. Biglang nanakit ang dibdib niya and she can’t breathe properly. She tried her best to cure herself para hindi niya na maistorbo si Gerald sa trabaho. She took medicine, she drank a lot of water pero lalo lang sumikip ang dibdib niya. She was nearly fainting and somewhat fell on the bedside.

She reached for her phone and drowsily dialed Gerald’s number. After several rings, hindi pa rin sumasagot si Gerald. She tried again. On her last attempt, he finally answered.

“Hello hon? Sorry ngayon ko lang nasagot ah. Kakatapos lang ng meeting namin”

“Ge.. Gerald..”

“Oh bakit? Anong nangyayari sa yo?” He panicked as he heard his wife’s voice who seemed in pain.

She fainted.

“Kim! Kim!...... Honey! Hintayin mo ko! Uuwi na ko!” He immediately gathered his keys and walked as fast as he could towards the parking lot.

“Dude, san ka pupunta? Mr. Rodriguez is waiting for you sa conference room” Neil said

Gerald didn’t seem to hear his words and just continued walking.

“Hey!” Anong nangyari dun? Neil asked himself.

When Gerald reached his car, he dialed again Kim’s number but she’s not answering his calls anymore. “Oh my God Kim! Please Lord, please take care of my wife” He prayed

Parang rumaragasang tren si Gerald sa kalsada. He didn’t anticipate all the other vehicles around him makarating lang agad siya sa bahay nila.

Inabutan pa siya ng heavy traffic on his way home “! !” He blown his horn hard pero na stuck pa rin siya in the middle of the highway. He called again his wife. After several attempts, she answered but she was weak enough to not be able to speak properly.

“Hello Hon?! Hon, please ano bang nangyayari sa yo? Pauwi na ko. Hintayin mo lang ako okay? Malapit na ko!”

“Ge…” was the only thing Kim was able to say

When he reached home, he ran upstairs and when he opened the bedroom door, he saw his wife lying on the floor.

“Kim!..... Kim!” He reached for her and carried her on his arms.

“Ge…” She whispered and reached for his face…. “Hindi ako makahinga”

“I’m here na baby. Sanadali na lang okay? I’ll bring you to the hospital”

In no time, naisakay niya agad si Kim on their SUV and humarurot agad siya sa daan. He his emergency alarm para mas mapabilis pa lalo sila.

“Ge,…”

“Ge!...”

“Yes baby? Sandali na lang. Malapit na tayo!”

“Ge! Magdahan dahan ka nga sa pag dadrive! Mas lalo akong hindi makahinga sa nerbyos nito eh!” She said weakly

“Ah.. Im sorry baby.. Eto na. Malapit na tayo”

He rushed her into the emergency room and she was examined inside. The staffs didn’t allow Gerald to come inside so he patiently waited outside. He sat on the floor and cried with his hands. “Oh Lord, Please… Please don’t let anything happen to Kim. Please make her and our baby safe. Please.”