CHAPTER 34 – Will You Marry Me?

Follow Your Heart

Inside the car, Kim put on a little make up on her face to match her outfit. Its already five in the afternoon when they arrive in an unfamiliar beach.

“Wait hon! Anong gagawin natin dito?” Kim asked

“Wala lang! Naisip ko lang masarap magdinner dito. Let’s go?” he offered her his hand then she got out from the car.

He guided her towards the romantic tent built in the water.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hon, this place looks so perfect! Ang ganda! And look at the sunset!” she joyfully said.

Gerald smiled at her and guided her towards the bridge papunta sa tent. “Lika, let’s have our dinner!”

They were served automatically with the best dishes on their table. “Honey, parang walang customers dito. Grabe, sayang yung mga tables na naka set pero konti lang kumakain. Ang ganda pa naman ng setting nila tsaka ang sarap ng food infairness!” Kim blurted while eating.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gerald smiled “If you only know that this place is intended really for you” he said on his mind.

“Oh bakit nakangiti ka diyan? May dumi ba ako sa mukha?” Kim asked

Gerald’s smile grew wider then he held her hand.

                     

 

 

 

 

 

 

"May my heart be your shelter, and my arms be your home."

“Ha? Ano ba yang sinasabi mo? Lasing ka ba?”

He smiled and and guided her to stand up. They walked towards the center of the bridge then he said “Honey close your eyes”

She followed then she closed her eyes. After a minute….

“Now, open your eyes.”

When Kim opened her eyes. She saw herself standing in front of many people, including all their family members and friends. She saw Gerald’s clan and her clan. She saw Pauline, Neil, Maj, Mateo, Jake, Mel and a lot more of their friends.

 When she turned around, she saw Gerald kneeling in front of her with a ring on his hand. “Kimberly Sue Yap Chiu, Will you marry me and take your forever with me?”

Kim is now on tears and is smiling at him “Yes! Of Course! Yes! I love you and I want to take my forever with you!” She said and let him stand up.

He placed the ring on her finger “I love you so much Kim!” then they kissed tenderly. All the people around them are clapping and hollering. They were the witness of Kim and Gerald’s deep love for each other.

The night served as their engagement party. All their family members and close friends gave messages to them. It was a night of fun and love.

“Congratulations Kimmy! Finally magiging Mrs. Anderson ka na rin!” Mel said

“Thanks Nini! Alam mo sobrang saya ko ngayon! Hindi ko maimagine ang buhay ko pag wala si Gerald! Grabe, halos everyday may surprise siya sa akin. Siguro, this is the time para ako naman ang mangsurprise.”

“Ha? What do you mean?” Meal asked

Kim smiled at her and went to the platform, grabbed the microphone and she speaked in front of everyone. “To everyone here, Gusto kong magpasalamat sa inyong lahat sa pagpunta niyo. All of you are the witnesses of Gerald and I’s love for each other. You don’t know how lucky I am to have this kind of man in my life.”

She walked near the table where Gerald is. She held his hand and let him stand. “Hon? I just want to say thank you and I love you so much! This one is for you” she handed him a pair of mittens. All the people around them were speechless and cant believe what they see.

Gerald was still staring at her. Nakatulala sa kanya and he too is speechless. “You mean?”

Kim nodded and  tightened her grip on his hand “Honey! Magiging daddy ka na! Im three weeks pregnant!” she said and everyone clapped and shouted for joy

“Magiging daddy na ko? Magiging daddy na ko! Yeeeeeessss!!!!” Gerald screamed for so much happiness “Thank you honey! Thank you for this!” he said

“Anong thank you? Ikaw din may gawa nyan noh!” she said then she hugged him tight.

“Honey I promise we’ll get married very soon. Gusto ko sana bago lumabas ang baby natin, Mrs. Anderson ka na! I love you so much Kim! Having you in my life is too much and I couldn’t ask for more! I love you! I love you!

“I love you too baby! I cant imagine life without you!” she faced him and gave him a smack on his lips. The guests around them were so touched on the romantic view they see. They can feel the deep love of the two.

The romantic night was filled with fun and love. Kim and Gerald were both thankful and hopeful for their new chapter in life.