CHAPTER 1 – “Diyan Sa Puso Mo”

Follow Your Heart

It’s already 3 o’clock in the morning and Kim was still at the bar drinking her 25th glass of tequila. “Inom pa tayo!” she yelled.

Since her father’s death two weeks ago, she was always at the bar. Even her professional career as a Marketing Executive of their own company ay napabayaan na rin niya.

On the other hand, Gerald who is in a business trip in New for a week ay hindi na mapakali coz he can’t be with his fiancée’ whose in Manila to comfort her and to stop her from drinking.

Hindi naman talaga marunong uminom si Kim. She’s really a sweet and responsible woman. But when her father died, she got herself into drinking. She really got depressed because aside from she’s a daddy’s girl, and dad na lang niya ang natitira niyang magulang. Her siblings who are in Cebu have their own families already and Kim felt alone.

Gerald’s flight landed at NAIA and he immediately called up Kim on her phone.

After several rings, she finally answered. “H-heee-llooooooo hoo-oo-nn?!”…

”Kim, honey! Where are you? I’ve been calling you five days since and you’re not responding! I’m already here in Manila. Nasaan ka ba? Lasing ka na naman ba?” Gerald hysterically answered.

“H-eey ho-oon! Easy k-a la-ang! Hiiinn-aa-haanaap mo-oo ko ee-hh ann-jaann laaang na-man aaa-koo ssaa ppuu-ssoo m-oo!” Kim laughed…

“Hon! Ano ba yang sinasabi mo? Where are you right now? Wag mo naman akong biruin Kim mas lalo akong nag-aalala sa yo” …

“Haah? H-iindi namaan kita bin-iibiroo hoon eh! I-kaaw tala-gaa! Miisss moo na aa-koo noohh? Hiindi koo aalam kuung naa saan akoo ehh! Bastaa nanditoo akko kasama si Manong guard”…

“Hon please, pakibigay naman sa guard yung phone mo oh. Please”…

“Maan00nng! Sa yooo naa la-ang daaw tong Phonne kkooo s-sabi nng booyffriend kko!”

The guard handed her phone and he immediately talked to Gerald.

“Sir, kanina pa po nandito yung girlfriend niyo. Kahit sarado na po kami ayaw niya pa rin umalis.”

The guard told Gerald where their exact location is and Gerald hurriedly followed.

“Mang Ernie, sa Ortigas daw ho tayo derecho” Gerald told his driver who picked him up at the airport.

When they arrived at the place where Kim is, Gerald saw her inside half conscious. “Hon!” He ran and hugged her tightly.

“Let’s go home now. Don’t worry, I’m already here”…

Kim just responded by touching his left cheek and a tear fell from her eyes.

“Sshh.. Honey don’t cry please. Nandito na ako okay? Uuwi na tayo” Gerald placed his strong right arm under Kim’s neck and his left below her thigh and he carried her like a bride towards the car.

Inside the car, Kim’s head was placed on his lap and she was peacefully sleeping.

They arrived at Gerald’s condo after thirty minutes and he placed her on his bed, their bed.

He ran to get soap and warm towel to clean Kim up. He removed first her stiletto and he scrubbed her feet up to her long legs lightly. He then removed her three fourths checkered polo and removed her maong shorts to do the same thing.

After that, he went on to his cabinet and got a piece of Kim’s underwear and and a night gown. He went back to the bed and removed Kim’s undergarments to clean her insides.

When he's done, he put on her night dress and placed a blanket around her.

He took a short shower and wore only his boxer shorts after.

He went beside Kim on their bed, hugged her behind, kissed her temple and went to sleep.