Chapter Five

I'm DEFINITELY NOT Gonna Marry You LEE HOWON! (Or maybe I will..)

 

HOYA'S POV:
 
Mr. and Mrs. Jang suddenly stood up with my parents and went to the stage. I think they're going to make an announcement. I suddenly felt nervous. I remembered that day when my dad told me that he has set me up for an arranged marriage. ! Please don't tell me that it's ----- I'm marrying! This can't be effin' happening!
 
YOUR POV:
 
"Goodevening everyone! Thankyou all for coming here tonight for my daughter's 18th birthday. I know that we have kept her from the public for a long time since we wanted to give her a normal life. Trust me she also insisted this because she wanted to grow up like an average kid. But I guess it's about time everyone should know the one and only heiress of The Jang Group Of Companies.. 
 
Ladies and gentlemen, I would like you to meet my lovely daughter, Jang ----- ."
 
A spotlight suddenly hit me when dad called me up on stage and I have nothing to do but get my in there. There were press people who began to take pictures of me. This is the end of my 'Average Life'.
 
"Thanks dad.." I whispered sarcastically.
 
"Sorry dear, but it's about time they get to know you.." He whispered back.
 
I continued to smile for all the cameras that were snapping and flashing. Suddenly, one of the press people asked my dad..
 
"But Mr. Jang, what exactly is Mr. and Mrs. Lee doing there beside you?"
 
"That's the other part of this announcement. I would also like to let you all know that starting this day, The Jang Group Of Companies and The Lee Corporations will collide. 
 
TONIGHT, MY DAUGHTER JANG ----- AND THEIR SON LEE HOWON WILL BE ENGAGED."
 
"WHAT?!!" We both exclaimed. I saw Howon stood up from his seat with shocked expressions all over him.
 
"May I now call on my future son-in-law, Lee Howon on stage.." Dad continued and he was really smiling! 
 
"Dad, what is this?!" I asked, whispering. I don't wanna embarass my dad from all the people in here.
 
"I told you I want nothing but the best for you my dear.." He whispered back, not even removing the smile plastered on his face.
 
Howon got up on the stage and stood up beside me. Everyone was taking pictures of us. I saw my friends and they were really shocked, but at the same time, they were clapping and they were really happy.
 
"Howon, you freak! Do you know anything about this?!"
 
"I only know that I was betrothed to someone. Didn't know it'd be you! Damn it!" He replied. I can tell by his expressions that he didn't really want this, well neither do I..
 
The party has ended leaving me, and my parents.
 
"DAD SERIOUSLY! WHAT IS THIS?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?!" I exclaimed. 
 
What more can I say?! I'm getting married to my arch nemesis! WHAT THE HELL!
 
"Relax my dear.. It's not like I'm turning your life into hell.." Dad said. His expressions were happy and that pissed me even more.
 
"Dad you don't understand! That's exactly what's happening.." I pouted.
 
"Look dear, I'm sure you and Howon will get along. I have already made my decision and you're marrying him. This is the only thing that I have ever asked from you, please don't say 'no' to this.."
 
Dad was right. He never really asked anything from me. He gave us a good life, became a good provider, he raised me properly, he enrolled me into a good school, and I was really fortunate to have a hard- working father like him.. So I guess, I have no choice but to repay him..
 
"FINE. I guess I'm doing this for you dad.." I sighed heavily. I can't believe I'm agreeing to this. Starting tomorrow, I'll be known as "HOYA'S FIANCE."
 
My dad hugged me and then thanked me then he left me and my mom in my room..
 
"Mom, please tell me that I'm dreaming. This is just one of my nightmares right?"
 
"Look princess, I know how much you don't want to be married as early as now.. So, I'm giving you a deal.." mom said.
 
*Hmm. This better be good.*
 
"Okay, so what deal?" I replied.
 
"I'll be hiring somebody in your school to look after you and Howon. No, you wouldn't know who he or she is, but I'll have him/her watch over the two of you. If he/she tells me that you two could get along and could be good companies, then I have no choice but to agree with your dad's decision... 
 
On the other hand, you, my dear, should show me the total opposite. If you could prove me that your engagement isn't gonna work out, then I'll help you to get out of this situation you are in..."
 
Well, that'll be easy. We're enemies. I'll easily find ways. I'm definitely not going to marry you, Lee Howon! >;)
 
"Okay mom! Deal!"
 
My mom's the best!