Chapter Four

I'm DEFINITELY NOT Gonna Marry You LEE HOWON! (Or maybe I will..)

 

HOYA'S POV:
 
"We're going to the Jang's right now.. Remember ----- ? We used to spend summer with them when you were young.. Today is her 18th birthday.." Dad explained.
 
"But.. We got invited? How come?" This is weird. ----- and I are NOT even friends. Why would she invite me?
 
"It's her dad.." Mom replied. "He invited us. We're business partners, remember?"
 
Oh.. Yeah. Bet she would be pissed off if she sees me tonight. She'll consider me as her party crasher for sure.. This is pretty exciting.. It's just that.. I can sense something fishy. I just hope it's not what I think about.
 
YOUR POV:
 
I'll be walking down the stairs now, and will be heading to our garden where the party was set. I'm nervous, I guess? It seems like my dad has invited everyone in our company. A lot of people are in here. Everyone looked decent.
 
While heading to where I should be seated, my friends approached me and greeted, "Happy Birthday ----- ah!"
 
"You guys knew about this, didn't you?" 
 
"Yeah, but your dad wanted to keep this as a surprise.." Yuri replied.
 
Just then, my dad came and greeted me too. "Are you surprised, ----- dear? I know you wouldn't let me, but I really want to give you a party. Besides.."
 
He paused. His facial expression suddenly changed. I don't get it. When he came to me, he was really happy and smiling. And now, he's... sad?
 
"Dad? What's wrong?" I asked worriedly..
 
"Dear, please promise me.. Whatever happens tonight, keep in your mind that your mom and I loves you so much. We would do everything to give nothing but the best for you, okay? Happy birthday my dear princess.. You're all grown up now." he said.
 
He gave me a very warm hug. I love my dad so much. Even if he's always busy with his work and even if I barely see him because he's always in his office, I know that he only does that because he wants to give our family a good life.
 
"Happy Birthday ----- sshi.." 
 
A familiar voice greeted me. The voice of my ENEMY. I turned around to look, and oh well, I was right! Lee Howon is here with his parents.
 
"Gee, thanks." I replied as if I was happy to see him. YUCK.
 
"Shall we head to our seats now?" My dad invited his parents to sit down. Why are we on the same table? Oh, I almost forgot. My parents and his parents are very good friends, BUT WE'RE NOT. See how ironic this world can be? >:)
 
Howon looked at me grinning as he takes his seat. I looked at him and smirked. This cocky bastard really pisses me off. Does he really have to show up even on my birthday? Gosh! What did I ever do wrong in my past life to suffer like this?!
 
"Howon, why don't we exchange seats? Sit here with ----- .. You kids could have your little chit-chat first while we talk about business here.." Her mom said. Without any hesitations, he stood up and sat beside me. 
 
I can see my friends on the other table smiling as if they were trying to tease my so I gave them my death glare to make them stop. Hoya, on the other hand, was busy on his cellphone, texting. That's better. Alteast he's not bugging me.
 
"So.. How's the birthday girl?" He started to talk to me.
 
"Doing good, but I guess not anymore now that her favorite enemy is sitting beside her.." I replied, making sure that only the two of us could hear so that our parents won't be suspicious.
 
He scoffed and whispered. "Come'on ----- .. We've been fighting for five years now! Why don't we just finish this? Aren't you tired?"
 
"Wow.. Cut the freakin' crap Hoya. Besides, I've been winning like forever, and you've been winning like... NEVER. So I guess this isn't really a fight.." I replied and flipped my hair, knowing that I'm winning again, for the nth time! ;)
 
"If you'll excuse me, I would like to check my friends around here." I said politely to our parents then bowed and walked off. Glad that I'm away from Hoya now.
 
After walking around, saying thankyou to everyone who pass by me and greet me, I got tired and sat back to our table..
 
Then my dad went up to the stage that they set- up and looks like he was about to make an announcement. To my surprise, Mr. Lee was beside my dad. I got nervous so I asked Hoya. I hesitated at first but then who else should I ask? My mom and his mom were behind my dad.. Okayyy.. This is really weird.
 
"Hey, enemy, what's up with them?" I asked.
 
"I don't know.. But this is freakin' the hell out of me.." He replied not looking at me and still starin' to our parents.
 
I don't like what I'm feelin' right now.. Please tell me this isn't what I think this is...
And then I remembered my dad's words just a while ago..
 
"Dear, please promise me.. Whatever happens tonight, keep in your mind that your mom and I loves you so much... "
 
*.*