Chapter Seventeen

I'm DEFINITELY NOT Gonna Marry You LEE HOWON! (Or maybe I will..)

 

YOUR POV:
 
It's been another day here in school, and at last, it's dismissal time! I was about to go home when I realized that I have to finish some homeworks in the library. My friends already left because they also had to do some stuffs. I also got a text from Hoya that he won't be able to fetch me up because he has to go somewhere with Infinite. I didn't bother to ask where it was cause I'm thinkin' maybe it's a guy thing. So I was left-- Alone. It wasn't such a bad thing though. I could enjoy the silence and easily work on my assignments.. I was heading to the library and still focused on my phone when I suddenly bumped into someone..
 
"Ouuch.." When I looked up.. "Oh, Sungyeol-sshi.."
He flashed a smile on his face when he saw me and said, "Yah! .... Oh it's you! What's with all the formalities? Drop it! Call me Sungyeol oppa!" I just smiled and replied, "Okay Sungyeol oppa.." I realized that he wasn't with his friends and remembered Hoya's text so I asked, "Thought you have some guy- stuffs going on today? Why aren't you with them.. uhh, Infinite?"
 
"First of all, it's not a guy thing.. Dongwoo's mom will be back from the states. Since I have too many school works to finish, I told them that I'll just come when I'm done with everything.." He replied and I nodded with an 'o' forming in my mouth..
 
"What about you? Why aren't you heading home yet?" He asked.
 
"Same-same.." I replied. "Really? Great. We can go to the library together then.. If that's where you're going?" He said.
 
"Yeah, I was about to go there.. Heeeyy! I never knew you Kingkas go to the library too!" I said jokingly.
 
"Huh? Kingkas? Pfft. And so what if we're kingkas? Can we not go to the library just like the other students??" He replied. I playfully elbowed him "Yah! Can you not take a joke?" then chuckled and dragged him to the library.
When we got there, I sat across him and the whole time, none of us was talking and we were busy dealing with our homeworks. Suddenly, he called my attention because of something that he couldn't answer. Subject? Biology- Genetics. He's lucky, cause that's my forte! >:)
 
"I don't remember this, being a part of our lesson.." He hissed.
 
"Hmm.. I know, it's Trisonomy 21.." I replied. He asked other things about the lesson that he couldn't fully understand so I helped him.. When I checked the time, I realized that it was almost 6pm and I had to go home..
 
"Hey, Sungyeol sh- oppa.. I have to go home.." I beamed. "Oh, okay. I'll give you a ride home!" He replied.
 
"No, no. It's okay. You're already too late for your agenda today.. Remember? Dongwoo's mom?"
 
"Naah, that'll be alright. I insist, since you helped me in my work, and you can't say no. So come on.." He dragged me through the halls of our school, and by the time we were about to go out.. "What the?! It's raining?! . Got an umbrella with you??" He asked and I just shrugged. I didn't bother to ask him since he wouldn't have asked me in the first place if he does.
 
GREAT! Just my freakin' luck! >:l I'm in a hurry to get home because I still have to prepare for dinner, and it's raining! Damn it!!
 
"Hey, my car's parked just near the school gates.. Can you see the red one there??" He asked and I nodded. "If you want, we can just run to it and get in very quick... Is that okay with you?" I was hesitant at first but I have no choice. I need to get home like, as in NOW! "Okay.." "In a count of three.. One.. Two.. Three.." He held my hand and we both ran under the rain.. We got inside his car and we were so freakin' wet.. Our bags were soaked too! I was seated on the passenger's seat beside him. He got a bag from the back seat and got a towel inside it.. "Here. Use this.. Dry yourself.." He said. He got another towel and dried himself.. I furrowed my brows and just looked at him while still holding the towel he gave me.. "What? I bring these things with me whenever I'd go to the gym. I haven't used that one yet.. That's clean.." I chuckled after he explained and did what he said. 
 
The drive to my home was really quiet, and the only noise that can be heard inside the car was the honking of the other cars outside because of the traffic jam.. 
 
SUNGYEOL'S POV:
 
"Damn. It's raining, and it's traffic. Made. My. Day." ----- said in monotone. I looked at her and chuckled, "Do you hate the rain?" I asked. "Yeah. I don't like it when it rains.." She replied. She used the towel that I gave her a while ago to cover herself because she's freezing.. "And the main reason why I hate the rainy seasons? I catch colds easily." She continued. And on cue, she sneezed. I just chuckled and looked at her. *She's so cute.* I got the chance to ask some things about her, and to my surprise, she was very open about herself. I felt comfortable with her. She's really nice. I thought it's not hard to like somebody like her.. I mean.. She's pretty, smart, and interesting.. 
 
We were near their house when I asked her about a certain topic that made her quite... I don't know. I can't explain..
"Hmm.. So, ----- ah, how has it been with Hoya? I mean.. The past two weeks, you two have been improving." 
 
"Uhh, yeah. Who would've thought that Hoya and I would be in good terms, right? Hoya.... is... not such a bad company after all." She replied. "Hey, we're here. Thanks Sungyeol oppa!"
 
"Naah, it's nothing. Thanks to you too!" I replied and she got out of the car and waved goodbye. I waved as well and watched her get inside their house...
 
I might sound selfish with this, but I can't help but think.. "If only I met you first.. Or I was the one you were betrothed to.. Aissh! What am I saying?!"