Chapter Twenty- Nine

I'm DEFINITELY NOT Gonna Marry You LEE HOWON! (Or maybe I will..)

 

CHAPTER 29
 
"So what are you gonna do about it?" Jae asked. "Nothing.." You replied. "Nothing?? What if she gets in your way??" Miyoung asked. You sighed heavily and said, "I'm going back to our room."
 
While walking back to your room, your thoughts were puzzled about Hoya and Mia. 'We're not really close and all back then.. But from what I've heard, she's not the type of girl who'd out and steal somebody else's man.. Besides, she's a smart and decent girl.. I have nothing to worry about her. It's Hoya that I should worry about.. What if he still have feelings for her?' You shook your head, closed your eyes and sighed. 
 
"You okay?" You opened your eyes and was surprised to see Sungyeol's face. You plastered a slight smile on your face and nodded. "What are you doing here? I thought you were in the party?" You asked. "Yeah, but it's getting all boring.. Plus, it's about to end anyway.. The others will come back soon." He replied. 
 
There was a moment of silence between the two of you but you know you won't be able to stand it so you broke the silence. "Uhmm, Sungyeol, about last night, sorry.." You said and bowed your head slightly. "People do crazy stuffs when they're drunk. No biggie." He replied and chuckled. "I should go back to our room now, see you tomorrow! Goodnight -----.." He added and you smiled. "Goodnight Sungyeol... oppa." You replied and walked to your room.
 
When you got inside your room, you breathed heavily once more. You changed into your sloppy pj's and went to bed. You shut your eyes forcefully and said "There's nothing to worry about.." Minutes after that, Hoya entered the room. 
 
"Hey.." He greeted while loosening his tie. "Hey..." You replied and sat up. "Uhmm, so how was the party?" You asked. 'Should I tell her that I met Mia tonight?' Hoya thought. 'I guess there's nothing wrong with it..' 
 
"It was nice.." He replied. "Hmm, I met Mia tonight, I saw her in the party a while ago.." He added. "Ahh.." Was all you could say. You didn't know why, but you had the urge to ask, "So how was she?" Hoya looked at you and smiled. "She's okay.. I guess?" He replied and you nodded. 
 
It was the most awkward moment for you. You became quiet again. You feel like you wanted to ask him more or say something to him but no words are coming out from your mouth. "I'm gonna go take a shower.." He said and you nodded. You lied back down and drifted to sleep. 
 
The next morning, you woke up earlier than the usual. You saw Hoya sleeping soundly so you slowly got up, afraid that you might wake him up. You went inside the bathroom, and took a bath. You went out and saw that Hoya was still sleeping. 'It's only 7am..' You thought. 'Cafeteria!' You beamed in your mind and walked out of the room.
 
While walking in the lobby alone, your phone vibrated, indicating that you received a text message.
 
To: -----
From: Howon
Where did you go?
 
To: Howon
From: -----
Cafeteria. Be right back.
 
You replied and slipped your phone in your pocket. While walking, you accidentally bumped yourself into someone. "Oh my gosh I'm so--" "Mia?" She smiled and looked at you. 'Just.Perfect..' You thought. "Hey!" She beamed. "You're Jang -----, right?" She asked. "Uhh.. Yeah." You replied. "You look prettier in personal." She said and you smiled. "We've seen each other in school before. Just not this close." She added. "Hmm.. Yeah." You replied. 
 
"So you stay in this hotel too?" You asked. "Uhmm, not for long. Just last night up until tomorrow evening." She replied. "My parents are trying to run a new company.." She added and you nodded when you remembered what happened to their company- The reason why she left Korea. "Let's grab a coffee, shall we?" She asked and you smiled.
 
While seating in the cafeteria....
 
"So.. I heard about your wedding.." She said. "It was flying everywhere.. I mean, even here in Japan, people, and businessmen are talking about it. It's like two super companies will bind together.." She added and you meekly smiled. "Howon and you will make a good couple." You stopped drinking your coffee and looked at her. "We had a chance to catch up last night.. He told me a few things about you." She added. "Good things, I hope." You replied and smiled. 
 
"You know, I've never seen Howon being that giddy before- when he was talking about you last night.. I mean, it's rare to see him like that." She stated and you both became silent. The silence broke when your phone suddenly rang. 
 
"Hello?" You answered. Mia could hear that it was a guy, talking to you on the other line. 'Must be Howon..' She thought. You excused yourself from Mia and talked over the phone. When you hang up, "He's probably looking for you." She said. "Yeah.. I think I should go back now." You replied. "It was nice meeting you by the way!" You added and walked off.
 
"You're one lucky girl, Jang ----- ..." Mia said to herself.