Chapter Thirty

I'm DEFINITELY NOT Gonna Marry You LEE HOWON! (Or maybe I will..)

 

"Let's get something to eat! I'm starving!" Myungsoo complained. "You're always starving Myungsoo!" Dongwoo replied. "I'm hungry too!!" You said and Myungsoo pumped his fist in the air. "Okay! So that means I'm not the only one who's been thinkin' of food here!" He beamed.
 
You all went down the lobby to have your dinner in a restaurant inside the hotel. That day, fate must've been playing with you. You, your friends, and Infinite happened to meet Mia there and she was about to enter the same restaurant. "Mia noona!" Sungjong beamed. "Hey there Jongie~ Hello everyone!" Mia greeted and all of you smiled. "What are you doing here?" Dongwoo asked. "I don't know, eating maybe? This is a restaurant Dongwoo, isn't it?" Jae answered and you all laughed. "Are you gonna eat alone?" Sunggyu asked Mia and she nodded. "Why don't you eat with us?" Sungjong asked and she agreed. 'This'll be a tough dinner for me.' You thought. 
 
Sungyeol noticed your undescribable facial expression and patted your back. "You'll be fine." He whispered. "Thanks mind reader." You replied and smiled. You all sat on a round table. Unfortunately, you sat between Howon and Mia. 'Wtf, fate?' You cursed. 
 
In no time, you all finished your orders and the food was served. You were having one of the most awkward moments in your life. Everyone noticed your silence but they just shrugged off. No one dared to speak until Mia broke the silence... "So, how's the wedding going?" She asked and all eyes landed on you. "I don't know, fine. I guess?" You replied without taking your eyes away from your food. "Hmm.. Are we going to expect a baby soon?" She asked again which made you choke on your food. Hoya gave you a water and patted your back. "I'm guessing that's a NO." She said and smiled. You just shook your head and continued eating. Soon, all of you finished eating and just decided to stay there for a bit to have some chit-chatting.
 
"-----, your mom texted. She said she was trying to call you but you'r not picking up." Jae said. You tried to check your pocket but it was empty. "I left it in our room. I'll go first." You said and excused yourself. "Should I come with you?" Hoya asked and you shook your head. "No need, I'll be back here when I get it." You replied. 
 
As soon as you checked your phone, you dialled your mom's number to call her back. 
 
"Hey mom!"
"Hey darling, I've been trying to call you for more that fifteen times!"
"Sorry, I left my cell in our room. Why'd you call anyway?"
"I was just checking on you honey. Having fun?"
"Yeah."
"Sounds great. When will you be back?"
"Hmm, the day after tomorrow."
"Okay. I'll hang up now honey, take care okay? Bye!"
 
And with that, you ended the call. You walked out of your room and headed directly to the elevator. You saw two men, who looked like something from the maintenance, trying to fix something in the elevator. "What's wrong with the elevator?" You asked. "I'm sorry but all of the elevators in this building seemed to have a little problem. I suggest you take the stairs." One of the guys said. "What the?? I'm in the 15th floor and I'd take the stairs?!" You said. "Sorry miss." The guy said and bowed.
 
You had no choice, so you took the stairs. "Not as bad as I thought.." You said to yourself while walking down. You realized that you were already in the 10th floor and you heard two people talking. You stopped and hid yourself when you recognized their voices to be Howon and Mia. You wanted to go and just ignore the two of them but your feet are stopping you. You started eavesdropping since your feet are taking you no where.
 
"So this'll be your last night here?" Hoya asked. "Yup.. I'll be leaving early in the morning." She replied. "It was nice to see you again Mia.." Hoya said. "You too.." She replied. "Goodluck on your wedding!" She added. Hoya looked down and smiled. "Thanks." He said and it became quiet between the two of them... You started to walk away slowly to go back up to your room, but something made you stop.
 
 
"You know, I can't help but think that if my family's business didn't crash down, it would've been me that you're marrying.." Mia said which made you clench your fist. "I know, it was me, who left.. But I.. I really missed you Howon." And then tears started to fall from her eyes. "Mia.. I'm sorry." Hoya replied. 'Sorry?? You're sorry??' You thought. "I understand Howon- ah.. I tried hard to move on and forget about you when I heard that you were getting married. But I really just can't!" She cried harder. "Howon, I still love you.." Hoya took a deep breath and had the urge to hug her back. You cupped your mouth on your hands when you heard everything. Tears started to fall from your eyes as well..
 
"Howon- ah, do you still love me?" Mia asked. Hoya, himself was taken a back. He didn't know what to say. He became silent for a while and looked at Mia in the eyes.. You on the other hand stayed to where your feet was rooted. You wanted to go and run away, not wanting to hear what Hoya's response will be.
 
"Mia.. Yes. I love you." He replied. And with that, you ran back to the 15th floor crying hard to yourself. You cried and cried like there was no more tomorrow. 
 
You stayed in the balcony and cried your heart out. Someone patted your back. You turned around to see who it was and you were surprised to see Sungyeol. He pulled you near to his chest and you cried even harder. 
 
"Why?? Why does it have to hurt like this??" You asked him while slightly hitting his chest. "Sshh.. Just cry as much as you want.." He said. "I'll be here no matter what." He assured.
 
When you finished bawling, you told Sungyeol everything you heard and he can't help but clench his fist. 'That ing bastard.' He thought. 
 
"I should go back now.." You said. "My eyes are all tired from crying. I'm sorry you had to endure all my bawling." You added. "No problem.. I'm your friend, there's nothing you should worry about." He assured and you walked off.
 
When you came back to your room, you saw a sleeping Hoya. You looked at his peaceful aura and tears started b from your eyes again. "Let me tell you this once.. Hoya, I love you. I love you so much that  I'd do everything to make you happy.. Even if it means letting you go."
 
You kissed him on his cheeks and stood up. You packed your things quietly and walked out of your room. You stayed in your friends' room and told them everything.
 
"So what's your plan now?" Jae asked, feeling a twinge of sympathy in her chest. 
 
"I already called the airlines company. I'll be flying back to Korea tomorrow morning." You replied.
 
_____________________________________________________________________________
 
OH MY GOODNESS! 
What just happened to our lovely couple? :O