Chapter One

I'm DEFINITELY NOT Gonna Marry You LEE HOWON! (Or maybe I will..)

 

HOYA'S POV:
 
"NO DAD! NO!"
 
My dad's insane! He has got to be kidding me! He's setting me up into an arranged marriage and my mom's definitely fine with it? Oh ! KILL ME NOW!
 
Yes, I am Lee Howon, known as Hoya in school. The rich, smart, handsome, and not to mention, THE HOTTEST guy around, that any girl would definitely fall for >:]
And what's happening right now? Well, my dad right here is trying to set me up for a wedding to a girl I barely even know. Hot or not, I DON'T WANT TO GET MARRIED YET. I mean, come on! Are they stupid or something? I'm still too young to get married. And duh? I have a girlfriend! How am I supposed to tell her that I'm gonna be married to someone that I DONT KNOW!
 
"Listen, son.. You have to do this. We have already promised the Jang's. We have even signed out a contract.. See?" Dad showed me this paper filled with signatures and boring agreements that I don't even wanna look at.
 
"Fine." Mom and dad both sighed in relief.. "But don't expect me to be good to her.. Uh, hey I gotta go. I have to explain this to my girlfriend, right? That I'll be married at the age of 18 to a girl I barely even know.. Great." I said sarcastically while walking my way out of my dad's office. Mom just rolled her eyes, enough to tell me that she never liked my girlfriend, and she never will. So I slammed the freakin' door! >:)
 
AT THE PARK..
 
"Uhh, heyy, something you wanna tell me?" Mia approached me smiling nervously. From her looks, I could already tell that she knows I'm gonna tell her something she wouldn't wanna hear. I've been with her for 7 months already.. And actually, I think I've known her enough.. Well, other than the other girls I've dated before, she was the only one who stood beside me even if I was such and . 
 
Any way, back to reality where I was, I walked with her slowly, by my side around the park. I became silent. I didn't know where to start. I mean, Mia's a nice girl. My conscience wouldn't stop bugging me if I make her cry. I was about to say something when she said, "Hoya.. We have to.. Break- up."
 
"WE WHAT?" I was startled with what she said. I thought I was expecting to see myself saying those words to her. I thought I'd be the one breaking up with her.. Seriously, what just happened? I had to put myself up together and ask her why..
 
"I'm sorry, did I hear it wrong? Y-You're breaking up with me?" I asked her. She looked at me in the eyes with tears that were about to fall off from the gutter.
 
"Y-Yes you did.. You see, my parents and I.. We're going to leave Korea. We'll be leaving for Japan and I don't know when we'll be coming back. I don't even know if we'll still be able to come back. They said we already have a new house there, and my new school is already waiting for me.. They planned everything without even telling me. You see.. My parents are losing hope with their business here and they think that Japan is their only hope.. I'm breaking up with you because I think this relationship will not get any further. I mean, long distance relationships could kill.. I'm sorry."
 
She continued crying so I pulled her into a hug. I can feel her sniffing, and still rubbing her eyes, trying to catch every tear drop that falls from her eyes. When she softened, she pulled off and looked at me. "Hey, your turn. So, what is it that you wanted to tell me? Why did you call me out here?" She asked.
 
"I- .. Uhm, I had a weird feeling back home, I suddenly wanted to see you so I called you.." I lied. I can't tell her that I'm marrying another woman. If I did, she'll be torn into pieces right infront of me. This will only be a bigger burden for her. I can't let that happen, Mia is a very nice girl..
 
"I guess your instincts were right.. You felt a weird feeling, and here you are now, having a break- up conversation with me." She smiled then faked a laugh.
 
"Mia... Please... Take good care of yourself.." I said. I was feeling guilty. I was the one who was about to break up with her. What is this? A VERY WEIRD BLESSING IN DISGUISE? 
 
"Yes I will.. Howon, promise me you'll do the same.." I nodded and gave her a reasssuring smile.
 
She suddenly turned into the jolly Mia that I knew and said, "Hey. So I guess I should be going now. I need to pack my stuffs!" 
 
"What? Now? Why? How soon will you be leaving?" I asked.
 
"Tomorrow morning." She said while slowly bowing down her head.
 
"TOMORROW MORNING? NAM MIA ARE YOU INSANE? YOU'RE LEAVING TOMORROW MORNING AND YOU TOLD ME EVERYTHING JUST NOW??" I said and she tried to cover my mouth with the palm of her hands.
 
"SHH! Not too loud! Believe me, I just knew this last night! I didn't know how to tell you. You know how much I hate goodbyes." She said and slowly bowed her head again. 
 
I gave a peck on her cheeks and held her chin up, "I'm sorry."
 
"You don't have to be. You have everyright to get upset about it.. Well, I better be going now." She gave me a tight hug. "I will miss you Howon. I love you.."
 
I hugged her back. I can't believe I'm letting go of Mia. I thought she would really end up with me. She was the only girl who I've been with for a long time. I sighed heavily when I let go of her hug and bid her goodbye.
 
"Don't forget me, okay?" I nodded then she waved goodbye and she left.
 
I stood there alone. I can't believe what had just happened. It wasn't sinking in my head. It's weird too. My heart should be breaking into pieces by now, but it isn't. It's just.. beating calmly. I'm not bad, am I?
 
Okay.. For you not to think that I am mean to Mia or anything, I must admit, I'm not bad, but I do not feel the same way she felt about me. No, don't get me wrong, I didn't play with Mia's heart. It's just that.. she was the nicest girl around. That's why we've reached seven months.. Long enough for me. I've never been with a girl longer than a week before. But it changed when it was Mia. She was too kind, and that time, I thought it was good to keep her with me since all the girls would only want me because of my looks, plus, my wealth. Mia was different. She was nothing like them. And Mia loved me.. But unlike the others who would say that their heart beats fast everytime they're with the ones they love, my heart didn't. My heart stood still. I didn't love her as a man. I loved her as a friend.. But now.. Mia.. My friend... She's gone.