019

THE CURSED PRINCE OF WEREWOLVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin, Daddy, and I locked ourselves in my room. Daddy arrived thirty minutes ago, and Jiyong quickly asked him to go with us to my room. Jiyong and the other were already near the stream, a part of our land that was open, waiting for the pack of wolves' arrival.  I'm so scared, right now. Chaerin was on my father's lap crying silently, and my father was trying to coo her.


Earlier,  Daddy asked me to drink a nasty liquid.  It's slimy, smells weird,  but he said that it can help in case  I will feel the heat that the female werewolves experience during every first day of the full moon. He said that Mom has been drinking that to ease the pain if my father wasn't beside her, and it helps her a lot.


I want to tell him that I don't need it because I'm sure, I won't feel the heat, but I don't want to argue with him right now, so I drink it.


As the moon slowly goes up the sky, I started to feel this weird feeling, I can't describe.  I feel like something is pricking on my skin. I don't know if I'm just imagining it, but I think my senses become heightened slowly as the moon goes up, and as it continues to move up the sky my senses become stronger, and I wondered why.


 I jumped,  startled when I heard a howl, and growl. It seems like it was just beside me.

 

"Daddy, they're here," I whispered. He nodded and motioned me to sit beside him. I wrap my arms around him and buried my face in the crook of his neck. My heart was pounding hard inside my chest because of fears. 


I can clearly hear the growling of wolves, as well as the loud stamping of their paws on the ground.


I pulled away from my father when I felt my arm itch. I look at it to see what the cause, but I almost fell off the bed when I see hair growing on it. I screamed in fright when it continues to grow, startling Daddy, and Chaerin.


"What??? But he gasped, eyes widen seeing me, while Chaerin rushed to me, and wrapped her arm around me. I keep screaming, terrified with my arms. 

 

"Daddy, what's going on? Why is hair growing on my arms?" I asked with a terrified face.


"Princess." My father went to me and wrapped his arm around me.


"Doctor Park, we need to bring her outside. She's shifting." Chaerin said.


"Shifting? How come, her fur comes out first, and she stays in her human form?"


"I don't know also Doctor Park. She's shifting, that's the only reason why the hair on her body grows." 


"I'm shifting? Why my body doesn't change form?"I asked sobbing. My whole body is now covered with fur.


"We don't know also Princess. Do you feel any pain?" 


"No, just a little prick like needles, and I think my senses heightened."


"See, you are really shifting. We need to bring you outside. Maybe it can help you to completely change form." Chaerin suggested.


"But it's dangerous right now." Daddy said worries washed all over his face.


"But how about Dara? We are a little bit farther from the streams, and I'm sure no one can pass from the claws of Prince Jiyong, and the other" Chaerin said, grinning, her scared, and crying face earlier was long gone, and I wondered why.


"Just bring your bow, and arrow, just in case." 


"Why, it seems like you are ecstatic about this? Look at me, my whole body is now covered with fur." I cried.

 

"You'll be fine. Come on, Doctor Park. Let's bring her outside."


"Chaerin, are you sure that's a good idea?" My father asked hesitantly.


"Remember, I'm a Seer, I can see the future." She smiles. Daddy's shoulder deflated, and he slowly nodded his head. Chaerin quickly skips to where my bow, and arrow, she picked them up and handed them to me. 


Another batch of tears fell down my face when I see my furry arms. It looks nice, shiny, and soft, but with my still human form, it's not nice. I look like a gorilla, except for my silver fur. 


Daddy stood up from the bed that he was sitting, and clutches the pistol in his hand. I nervously followed behind him as he headed toward my door. Chaerin clutches my furry hand, as we waited for my father to unlock the door.


"Chaerin, you stay. It's very dangerous if those wolves see you. They might call more wolves to come if they found out that the seer was alive." Daddy said,  and held my furry hand.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter