Job Relocation

From America to Korea

[Narration]

In all started on June 5th, ,2010 when Megan went to visit her cousin Amanda. She was staying the night at her cousin’s house. They usually watched movies and listened to music, but instead they went over to Amandas friend Halles and listened to Kpop. Megan at first thought they were really crazy but she listened anyway. She definintley liked the beats which wasn’t uncommon. Megan has a thing for music, so with no surprise she fell in love with Kpop. Amanda and Megan would always listen to Kpop and memerize the bands and their members. It was only natural that they wanted to visit Korea, but all they did was fantasise about it.

3 years later March 29th, 2013

Megan and Amanda were driving around and were running low on gas. They stopped at the closest gas station and filled up. When they went into the gas station, Megan wanted to buy a lottery ticket since it was her 19th birthday. It was like a tradition to her and she was feeling pretty lucky. She ended up winning the lottery for a wopping 10 million dollars. Great Luck right. Before she could tell Amanda, Megan had got a call that she was being relocated to Korea to be a Translator. Megan was all for the assignment since she and Amanda had practically memerized the Korean languge. They told her to take Amanda with her. After Megan got off the phone she walked over to Amanda and began fake crying. Amanda began asking Megan what was wrong and all Megan said was she had to pack. Amanda was confused. So Megan smiled and said that she had to pack too because they were moving to Korea.

[Amanda]

“Oh my god. Oh my god. Are you serious. No your messing with me right.” I said in a confused and curious voice. “Im being completely serious and guess what else….I just won the lottery. 10 million Amanda.”Megan said and we screamed so loud that people were looking at us like were crazy. I called my Mom and told her the news and she was crying and screaming. We got in the car and Megan said ”Amanda lets go get the Lollipop phone right now!” We went to T-mobile and got our Lollipops. I got pink and Megan got orange. “Ahhhhh, Megan can this day get any better?” I said so loud you could probally here me a mile away. We drove to my house and started packing my stuff up. Megan excused herself for a little bit while she called her parents and shared the news. She was super excited. I just relized that I didn’t call Halle and tell her. When I called Halle on my new Lollipop phone she was super jealous of me. I wondered if it’d be ok for her to come live with us, so I asked megan to call our boss Mr. Hyun. They said once we got situated and our job was ok then she could. When we told Halle she was super excited. “AMANDA WERE GOING TO KOREA…..OH MY GOD…….OUR DREAMS CAME TRUE.”Megan screamed so loud. I decided to turn on Big Bang. The first song that came on was Number 1. We singed and packed all night.

[Megan]

“ Hello” Kathleen said on the phone. “Kathleen, is Dad there I need to talk to him right now.” I said impatiently. “Hello” Dad said with suspison “Hey Dad, Amanda and I are getting relocated for work. We leave the day after tommorow.”I said calmly. “Where are you being relocated to?”He said with curiosity. “WERE GOING TO KOREA…AHHHHHH IM SO EXCITED.”I said so excitedly. “Really, will we be able to visit? Are you coming home to pack your things? Will you come home? Why are they relocating you?” He said swiftly “Yes, Dad you can visit and I’ll be home tommorow, and they want us translate English.” I said. “I’m proud of you” he said. “Dad I got to go, I’m helping Amanda pack but I’ll see you tommorow, ‘kay! Love you. Bye.” I said quickly and hung up the phone. All of sudden Amanda walks out and asks me to call the Jeffersonian to see if Halle can come. “Hello, megan I thought you guys were packing?” said our boss, Mr. Hyun. “ We were, but we were curious if our friend Halle would be allowed to live with us on site. So we called to ask.” I said “No! Not until things get settled in and your ajusted to life there. I’m sorry but I have to go. I’m in a meeting!” he hung up. “Amanda he said not until things get settled in and were ajusted to life there.” She relayed the message to Halle. When Amanda got off the phone with Halle we started packing. “AMANDA WERE GOING TO KOREA…..OH MY GOD….OUR DREAMS CAME TRUE!” I suddenly screamed. Amanda Laughed at me. We were up all night packing.