chap08

Killing Game

 

[Myungsoo’s POV]

After we were done with the work we stayed on the porch to hear about Hoya hyung and Dongwoo hyung’s story. Apparently someone broke in their house. But we didn’t know what it was after. They suspected the work of someone else’s besides the agency. I agreed with them because if the agency were behind this, I wouldn’t be here right then.

My uncle wanted me to come back. He told me he needed me to continue the legacy because I was his only family. The only problem was, I wasn’t like him. I stopped killing people when I knew the real jobs that he did. My uncle smuggled people, ran illegal clubs and counterfeited money. Name it; he did everything that was wrong to the people.

And I was just in time to realize that before I became like him. So now, when Sunggyu hyung decided to bring him to justice, I didn’t hesitate to help. With him, came Woohyun hyung and Hoya hyung. Dongwoo hyung, Sungyeol, Sungjong and I helped them because they helped us escaped the damned place.

“Do you think it has something to do with the Kill the Infinite game they said?” Sungyeol asked to nobody in particular.

I ran my gaze to everyone. If they wanted to kill us, the Infinite, that’s what we called ourselves, it wouldn’t be an easy job. I mean, we were all ex assassins. We might not be the best but together, we were strong.

Sunggyu hyung was good with technologies and he’s fast with his butterfly knife. Hoya hyung too, was fast. His agility was probably the best of the seven of us. For Woohyun hyung, he learned martial arts and was the best fighter. Sungyeol, I found this out during our escape plan, he was a sharp shooter. You gave him a gun and he could shoot it straight on the target from a long range.

For Dongwoo hyung, because I knew him for a long time in the agency, he was our brain. He was the best strategist and he modifies guns and weapons. That’s illegal, we all knew. But hey, as long as we didn’t use it for bad reasons it’s okay, right? And Sungjong, he was the lightest of all so he’s a fast boy. And he was the only one of us who knew how to treat gunshots and etc.

I had become the actor of the group. When there was a mission, I would be the one sent to disguise and mix with the people. Sometimes to seduce women, or men even though Sungyeol hated it. We have our own roles to the group. We didn’t know how long we were going to keep the job but I guess till we bring the agency down.

After that? Let’s just say Sungyeol and I are going for a long vacation to the Bahamas.

“Maybe,” Dongwoo hyung replied. “But I won’t let them kill me, that’s for sure,” he said. We all nodded. “We should start the mission ASAP. Who knew what else they’ll do if we are late,” he looked at Sunggyu hyung, waiting for his answer.

Sunggyu hyung nodded. “We managed to hack into the system today. If we’re lucky, I can track their brain in a few hours. For the meantime, you should all practice at the field. It had been a long time since we practice together, right?”

Sungjong nodded excitedly. He was always eager for practice. It was the only time he could beat us hyungs mercilessly.

-- --

[Woohyun’s POV]

It was 12 AM and everyone had gone to sleep due to the severe practice. By the time we stopped training, our bodies were full of bruises and cuts. Sungyeol had hurt his arm while Hoya had a  big cut across his right cheek. He had a duel with L and when they were throwing each other around on the field, L got a little rough and threw him to Sungjong who were practicing with his knife.

The knife grazed his cheek slightly, thank god, and nothing happened after that. While all that were happening, Sunggyu hyung hadn’t leave his room. I decided to pay a visit to him. I opened the door inwards and saw him sitting on the chair directly in front of the main server. The room was dark because he didn’t switch on the lights but the glow from the screen of the computers gave a low illumination, just enough for Sunggyu hyung to continue his job of writing and typing back and forth.

“Hyung,” I called slowly.

He turned around and I saw his tired eyes. “Oh, hi Woohyun.” He said weakly. Sunggyu hyung rubbed his neck a few times while I sat at the chair beside him. I took the papers.

“You got the information you want? What exactly do you want again?” I asked.

He gave a small laugh. “I’m trying to find the agency’s schedules and activities. I found it but I also found new information about the new ally. Probably the one that broke in Hoya and Dongwoo’s house. But I couldn’t find their recent movements. Their objectives are still unknown.”

“Oh,” was what it managed to say. He found a lot. “Just let it go for the night hyung. You’re too tired. Come on, let’s go to sleep.” I pulled his hand and he obeyed. He was too worn out to say no and as I tucked him in the bed, Sunggyu hyung was quickly asleep. But as I was about to leave his room, I looked back to the older and walked back to him.

I knelt by the bed and gave him a quick peck on the lips. Then I left the room.

-- --

[Sungyeol’s PV]

I hesitated before opening the door to Myungsoo’s room. I looked in and saw him lying on the bed, playing computer games excitedly. He turned when he heard me coming in.

“Why am I not surprised?” I asked as I sat on at the edge of the bed.

“Want to join me?” he asked and shifted to the side of the bed nearer to the wall. I lay beside him and ran my gaze to the laptop. We were closed and our arms brushed against each other whenever we moved. I began to lean to him.

“You know how to play right?” Myungsoo turned and asked. That’s when I crushed our lips together. His eyes widened in shock and Myungsoo tried to push me away. He moved his hands hesitantly to my shoulder but I caught it and locked them in my grip. I leaned forward and I found myself on top of him and Myungsoo on the bed beneath me.

He pulled his hands from me. I thought he was going to struggle but instead, he grabbed my shoulder and pushed me so I was at the bottom. I laughed when he smiled. “I don’t like being powerless,” he said before leaning down and crashing our lips back together. I moaned when I felt his wet mouth on the nape of my neck and tracing down to my neck bone.

I closed my eyes when I felt Myungsoo’s hand trailing the skin under my shirt and I fought the urge to not leave my marks on him. But suddenly, the weight on me disappeared. I opened my eyes and saw Myungsoo back on his side of the bed. I turned to him, puzzled.

“We were playing computer games,” he said and began typing something.

“You left me for computer games?” I asked and positioned myself beside him and in front of the laptop. I saw the keys on the screen stating 2 players and the game started. I didn’t know what kind of game it was and just followed his actions but I couldn’t get my mind of from the kiss.

“I didn’t know you’re...”

“I didn’t know you’re gay too,” he said but kept his eyes on the screen. He spoke the words right of my mouth. And to hear him speaking of it casually had caught me off guard. Kim Myungsoo was not a straight guy. All these time I had fought the urge to kiss him from the day we met at the agency. Sometimes when we’re alone or sleeping together and snuggled up on the bed, I had to remind myself he likes girls and I was not in the list.

I had the thoughts of him being gay once in a while. Sometimes I dreamt of it. Because at times he acted like it. His gestures when we’re alone like whispering hotly at my ears, grabbing my waist from the behind and burying his face to my shoulder and sometimes kissing my neck and finally one time I felt someone kissed my cheek when I was lightly asleep and when I opened my eyes all I could see was him. I thought I was having some disease or something because I wanted him so much.

“Sungyeol, eyes on the game,” He said and I ran my gaze back to the laptop. We were losing because I never told him I’m the worst at games. In the end, we lost. Myungsoo hit me lightly across the shoulder and blamed me for the loss. I snickered and tackled him to the end of the bed against the wall since I was taller and bigger than him. He whimpered and tried to push me off of him but to no avail, and finally resolving on biting my neck.

I fell off from the bed and wiped the side my neck with my palm. It was oozing blood. I stared at Myungsoo in shock. “You bit me? You think you’re Edward Cullen or something?”  I stood up and went to his table and grabbed an amount of tissues and paste it to the cut. However, the blood wouldn’t stop.

“Oh , I’m sorry,” Myungsoo ran to me and pulled me to his bathroom. He pushed me to the shower, turned the knob and the water rained on us. It drained the blood from the cut and also the rest of me in my full pyjamas. The water pooling on our feet began to turn the shade of red and I felt the cut on my neck started stinging.

“Feeling better?” he asked as he looked at the cut. He touched it and I hissed at the pleasure.

“You ing bit my neck,” I reminded him again.

“Sorry. Didn’t think it was going to bleed this much, trust me. Is the cut really that big?” he stood on tiptoe as the cut was slightly to the behind. Suddenly, Myungsoo lost his balance and slipped. I caught him into my arms just in time and the water rained on him. “You did that on purpose!” He shoved me away and I was thrown back to the tiled wall of the shower. I felt my back hitting the shower knob and I groaned.

“That hurts, man!”

“I’m sorry!” he pulled me back. “Man and I’m causing all these pains. Sorry again,” he said, really looking like he meant it. I nodded and pushed my wet bangs from my eyes.  I was drenched and so was him. I blew the water from my nose and continued wiping the cut softly.

After I was sure the cut had stopped oozing blood, I turned the knob and the water stopped. Myungsoo walked to his wardrobe and lines of water followed his trail from the bathroom. I stared at him as he rummaged through his wardrobe for our new pair of dry clothes. He took two pair of everything and threw one pair to me. I took the towel he gave me next to dry myself.

“Do I fit in this?” I asked. He nodded. “We’re not that different in size,” he said. He entered the bathroom and locked the door. I turned my back on him and began undressing. When I was done, I turned back to see him staring at me completely.

“Had you been staring at me?” I widened my eyes in shock.

He smirked and began turning to the door and walked out. What was that supposed to mean? I followed suit and looked at the cut at the mirror across the room. “This is going to leave marks. I mean what are you thinking? Biting me?”

“I said I was sorry. And come on, as an assassin, cut like that is nothing!” he replied. Now Myungsoo was back to his usual habit of playing innocent. He threw his laptop with the rest of his things on the table and stared at me. I saw his reflection on the mirror hitting his head with his hand a couple of times. I had to hide my laugh.

“Of course! But now I’m not with my enemy, I’m with you, a friend I trusted. My guards are down when I’m in this house because I knew you guys would protect me. I didn’t expect the danger to come from you!” I turned so I was facing him. I raised my brows and looked at him in the eyes. Myungsoo tilted his head and replied the stare with a questioned look. “What?” he asked.

“Nothing,” I answered. “What should I say if they ask about this?”

“Love bite. Tell them it’s a love bite,” he replied nonchalantly.

“From you? Wait a minute. Are we going official?” He smiled and nodded. My jaw dropped open. We were really going official. Suddenly Myungsoo stood up and went to me. He leaned his weight on me and kissed me lightly. I felt the soft lips on mine and pushed him to the bed. He moved his body so I could lie down beside him and.

As my head touched the pillow, Myungsoo quickly leaned his head on my shoulder and put his right arm across my chest. I shifted my right arm so he could lie on it and felt his hot breath trickled my neck. I always knew I could never let Kim Myungsoo leave me. But I never thought he meant so much to me than how I had acknowledged it. And sometimes, it’s hard to continue being with him when I knew he could be missing anytime.

Myungsoo was the sole heir to the Agency and his uncle wanted him more than anything. He would die to get Myungsoo in his hands. And I was nothing but a mere ex convict that escaped death with his help. Our lives are not the usual everyday lives in soap operas. We were assassins, well, retired ones but still, the danger was there. We could never have normal a normal life until we stop and bring down the Agency to the ashes.

I was planning to do that. But for now, with Myungsoo in my arms, I wanted nothing but to spend the whole night with him.