chap30

Killing Game

Sungyeol always thought Infinite couldn’t stay long. He was right though. Infinite’s crumbling and with the recent news he heard from Insoo about the agency getting their hands on Sunggyu, Sungyeol didn’t think everything would be the same again.

He remembered his last meeting with Sungjong and wondered how the youngest will take everything. Sungjong always insisted he’s strong but even looks can’t deceive Sungyeol. No kid sent and abandoned by his parents can be so cold hearted and vulnerable. Those kinds of people that grew up without love are the most vulnerable ones.

That just made the seven of them seven vulnerable people all stuck together by fate or something Sungyeol wasn’t sure.

He was sure of one thing though. He was the source of it all. The crumbling of Infinite.

Sungyeol looked up when he heard the click of the door he had been guarding for the past hours and of Insoo accessing the said with three other men behind him. The door to where Myungsoo was.

“What are you doing?” he stood up quickly but before he could reach the bastard, two of them caught his arms. “Let me go!” he yelled, struggling when Insoo  and the other man walked in to where Myungsoo was sleeping, face half buried in the mattress.

“Insoo!!!” he yelled and this time Sungyeol felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to find Gunwoo there.

“Relax,” he said soothingly and joining Insoo in the room. By this time Myungsoo had woke up from the noise and the presence of two others in the room.

His eyes locked with Sungyeol a moment before looking back and forth between Insoo and Gunwoo. Sungyeol saw he flinched back slowly at Insoo who was, for the first time since he was there, removing the chains around his wrists.

Myungsoo didn’t run however. The drug was still in his system as far as Sungyeol could see because his eyes were glazed and he looked unfocused. Myungsoo wasn’t in his best state.

Sungyeol’s eyes went wide. Exactly what they’re planning!

“Gunwoo! Don’t touch him!!” He screamed, resuming his struggling. One of the men holding him back threw a punch on his gut and Sungyeol buckled to the floor, choking on air.

“Relax, Sungyeol. I still haven’t got back to him for kissing you the other day.” Gunwoo and Insoo were both pulling Myungsoo to the floor and Sungyeol felt his stomach shrunk. He saw Myungsoo’s minimal struggling behind his bangs and when the man grabbed his neck and slammed him against the cupboard, Myungsoo was gritting his teeth at the pain. Sungyeol knew he couldn’t stay still.

“The !” He spat and shoved whatever in his way before running in. Gunwoo and Insoo took a step back as Sungyeol grabbed the man and pulled his as far away from Myungsoo. Sungyeol dragged him to the corner of the room and threw a punch across his face. “I’m going to ing kill you!” he screamed.

He didn’t know how many times he hit him or how many curses he let out but when he finally stop his knuckles were sore and stained of blood and the man beneath him was breathing heavily, blood smeared all over his face and flowing down his neck. It was a few seconds later when everything quieten down.

It finally downed on Sungyeol. He’s dead. He fell back, gasping for air and wiping the blood stains on the sides of his pants vigorously as if they were venomous insects. When he finally turned to Myungsoo he saw that the other boy was staring at him, shock evident on his face. It was probably his first time seeing him like that. Well, it was Sungyeol’s first time too for the past six months.

“Never thought I’d see this side of you again,” Gunwoo spoke and Sungyeol was about to answer when he brought out a pistol from behind his coat and aimed it at Myungsoo. “And again it was all Kim Myungsoo, huh?”

“Gunwoo-“

“I just don’t get it,” He cut in. “Why?”

Sungyeol got to his feet and ever so slowly yet carefully made his way to Gunwoo. “Gunwoo.” he called softly and the latter turned to him, the pistol still trained on Myungsoo. “I… I’m sorry,” he said as he didn’t know what more appropriate thing to say.

Sungyeol saw his eyes softened and he reached for his hand but Gunwoo suddenly pushed him. “Insoo.” he called and Sungyeol almost threw Insoo away if Gunwoo didn’t block him when he grabbed Myungsoo.

“Sungyeol, listen to me!” Gunwoo grabbed his shoulder and forced him to take his eyes away from Myungsoo. “What you did, can never be forgive. I’d kill anyone who betrays me but I didn’t kill you.”

Sungyeol heard Myungsoo struggled when Insoo dragged him out of the room behind him but didn’t tear his eyes from Gunwoo. No one knew what he’ll do if Sungyeol did not go along with his order again. “So now, we’re going to make Kim Myungsoo presentable for his family.”

“W-What do you mean?”

“We’ve agreed on a date. It’s on Thursday and to make him presentable, we’re going to put on some make-up on him.”

-- --

 

“Hoya! Wait!”

They were out of the house and Dongwoo was finally able to catch up with the other.  He reached for the younger;s wrist but Hoya yanked it away from Dongwoo and continued his pace. His fingers were clenced into a fist and he was gritting his teeth. Dongwoo could almost see Hoya trying to keep himself calm and away from his temper.

Hoya turned to the corner to the main road and Dongwoo walked beside him. he took the initiative to reached out to the younger again. he took Hoya’s hand. But again Hoya pushed him and kept walking.

“Hoya just let me explain!” he yelled in frustrantion. Donwoo didn’t care even if the pedestrian were looking. “We didn’t do anything!”

Hoya stop and Dongwoo saw his shoulders relaxed. Slowly, Hoya turned around and raised his eyes to me the older’s. “I ing know that. I just wanted to know why you killed my sister? why you?”

Dongwoo’s gaze fell to the ground. He couldn’t meet Hoya’s eyes. “I’m… I’m sorry. I didn’t know. I was stupid and… and all I wanted was to fit in the agency.”

“…So you killed my sister?”

“I didn’t know it was your sister.” he continued. “I’m sorry…”

“…well it had to be someone’s family member, right?”

“I know-“

“I lost everything that day. I guess you know that too, huh? I told you everything. and the funniest thing was, I’ve been looking around for her killer when he was by my side all these time. All these time.”

Dongwoo felt his eyes getting hot.

“I ing hate you, Jang Dongwoo.” Hoya spat. “Don’t ever come in front of me again. For everything that we used to be or things we used to do. Forget all of them. I need none of that.”

Tears fell down Dongwoo’s eyes and he wiped them violently with his fist. “Hoya,” he called. “Don’t go.”

“We’re over, hyung.” he said and Dongwoo saw him crossing the road. He began to chase the younger with eyes still stained with tears.

He called Hoya’s name but the younger didn’t even turn back. Dongwoo saw Hoya stopping a taxi and that’s when he panicked. what if he’ll never see him again? “Hoya!” he screamed and for a brief moment Hoya looked up to him before opening the door and then turning his gaze a way a millisecond later.

“No!” he breathed. And before he knew it he was making his way across the road and then Dongwoo heard a screech and a honk sound before something hard hit his body and he fell himself flying in the air before everything went blank. 

 

 

-- sorry to dissapoint you. i wanted to delete this story but then i'll be a jerk.