chap29

Killing Game

this is kinda long. but also kinda pointless.

 

 

Sunggyu kept his gaze fixed on his lap. The vehicle he was in was moving along a road he didn’t recognized.  Not that he recognized any street there. But he didn’t like that particular street. It was dark and gloomy and it felt like the men by his sides were grim reapers taking him to hell.  Sunggyu shifted in his seat and both of them grabbed his arms.

“I’m not going anywhere, don’t touch me!” He yelled, annoyed.

-- --

The car finally stopped and they immediately threw black clothes over his face so he couldn’t see anything. Sunggyu felt both his wrists cuffs to each two men before he finally felt gravel under his shoes. They began to push him forward and Sunggyu walked straight when he was pulled back forcefully, almost stumbling over his steps.

“Careful there!” one of the men said and a voice from afar replied a sorry.

“sheshh. They should hire a proper driver for the lorries. Someone’s going to get killed.” The other man said. driver? lorries?

“Walk!” They pushed him again and Sunggyu followed. He tried to memorize all the sounds and noises he heard so he can at least figure out where he was taken. Not long after that he felt a smooth and flat surface under his shoes.

“Who is this?” A woman’s voice.

“Kim Sunggyu. Mr. Kim took him in personally.”

Mr. Kim? L’s Uncle?

“So the special room then?”

Sunggyu heard the sound of keys exchanging hands and he finally figured everything out, he’s in the agency. The place most of s were terrified off. They took the elevator and Sunggyu heard whispers around him.

There was a ding before the three of them stepped out and walked along a carpeted hallway and stopped in front of a room because he heard the sound of key slid in a lock, twisted and creaking of a door.

“Where am I?” he finally asked though he almost figured everything out.

“Your new home. Get use to it.”

This time he felt the cuffs around his wrists gone and he was pushed forward that he fell on his knees. Sunggyu touched the floor and felt the hard surface cold against his skin. The door was slammed shut and Sunggyu pulled the cloth over his face quickly and turned around to see he was alone.

He was in a room. A well furnished room. Quite the treatment for a prisoner like him. getting up on his feet he walked to the nearest window and looked outside to see he was high above the ground. 20th floor maybe.

“ this.” he cursed.

“I’ll get away.”

“Make sure you’re back in one piece.” Woohyun said.

Why did I promise that? Sunggyu thought as he sat by the side of the bed.

The phone on the side table suddenly rang and Sunggyu picked it up.

“Comfy?”

“Mr. Kim huh?” he asked coldly.

“That’s what you’re going to call me starting today now that you’re working for me.”

“I work for no one!” Sunggyu felt himself being very angry at the statement. he had always hated to be under someone. That’s why he was never on the side of the agency or even the police. It was also the main reason Infinite was formed at the first place.

They don’t trust anyone. Only themselves.

“Now now. Think of your family.”

Sunggyu clenched his teeth and he heard the other line went dead. He put the phone back and lay on the bed. More like collapsed. What is he going to do now? What could the agency possibly want him to do? They have tonnes other brilliant scientists so why him? He fell asleep thinking ways to get out of the place.

They moved into Sunggyu’s new house yesterday and yet the dongsaengs didn’t make it looked like they moved at all. Sunggyu wondered if they had unpacked everything. he fell asleep after the journey yesterday and only remember Woohyun helping him to his room. When he woke up that day, he was still in his jeans and jacket except his shoes, socks, earmuffs and scarf were gone. Sunggyu had smiled, knowing well who had helped him.

As Sunggyu was putting in some of his clothes onto the cupboard, feeling fresh after his morning shower, he heard someone knocking at the door. Sunggyu turned around, expecting Woohyun when it was the youngest there.

He looked a bit jumpy and excited like he was going to do something fun. Sunggyu raised his brows, asking for his real attention.

“Hyung, we’re playing monopoly. wanna join?” Sungjong asked.

“Monopoly? Since when did we have monopoly?”

“Dongwoo hyung. everyone’s there and it’ll be fun. It had been a while since we seven do something together.”

The expression on Sungjong’s face. Sunggyu looked down on his lap. It reminded him of someone. And all the things flashed in his mind. There was no time for playing. Every second he spend wasting his time will cost the lives of the people around him, he thinks.

“No. You guys go ahead. I have some unpacking to do.”

“Really? Anyway, just come out if you change your mind.”

Sunggyu nodded with a smile. he ran his eyes back onto his clothes and when he heard the sound of the youngest running disappeared from the hallway, he brought his face back to the door.

“Hyung, mom and dad asked what food you want.”

“Don’t worry about that. I’ll be home soon.”

Except he was half an hour late because he insisted on completing his thesis. And when he reached home there were police cars and ambulance and his neighbours around his house. Sunggyu had dropped his bag on the ground and push his way through everybody. Most of the made way for him when they saw him. The policemen tried to stop him from walking pass the tapes placed around the compound of his house but he shoved them away. And when he saw the blood. His parents. His younger brother. Sunggyu just ran out and puked.

If only he didn’t stay at school that day. If only he listened.

“Stop unpacking and come out.” he hadn’t realized that Woohyun was there. The latter walked next to him and sat on the bed, staring at the older. “You know what they said about you?”

That caught Sunggyu’s attention. “What?”

“They called you a grumpy old man. All you do is work.”

“Well excuse me if my work is to make sure we stay alive.”

“And you also have a life to live.” Woohyun’s voice was firm.

Sunggyu shook his head and rolled his eyes. Holding a bundle of folded clothes, he stood up to put them neatly on the cupboard while at the same time muttering. “What life. I lost them long ago.”

And suddenly Woohyun had grabbed both his wrists and slammed him against the cupboard. the clothes fell scattered on the floor between their legs and his eyes were wide from shock.

“This is the last time I’m going to hear you saying things like that! I know you for almost a year hyung and that incident happened four years ago! And yet you’re still moping around, wearing the same reason to why you should have a life. It’s because you blame yourself for what happened, not because you feel the need to protect us.”

Sunggyu stood frozen in Woohyun’s hold. His eyes looking at the other boy who was also giving him a sharp look. “Stop doing this, hyung. Please. We’re a family now.”

“What do you know about family?”

“I don’t have a family so I know nothing. But if I can say something, when I met you I found a companion and what we have now is family.”

 

-- --

Woohyun stared at his surroundings. There was nothing but the sound of his breathing. The house felt awfully quiet and he hated it. Sungjong and Seyong hadn’t come back. And Hoya left the house a few minutes ago. To take some time alone he said. And Dongwoo had stayed at his room since Sunggyu left.

He grabbed the phone from the glass table when it rang. “Hello?”

“Hyung.” Came Sungjong’s voice.

“Where are you? Why didn’t you call sooner?”

“I… I met Sungyeol hyung.”

“When? Just before? Did you talk to him?”

“I did. He kind of saved me.”

Woohyun wanted to ask more but he could hear the tired voice of Sungjong. “Get home quick. Something happened here too.”

“What do you mean?”

“Sunggyu hyung… was taken away.” Woohyun felt his heart clenched at the fact he was saying.

“What??!”

“Just be home.” And Woohyun ended the call. he threw the phone on the glass table back and stood up. Woohyun turned when he saw Dongwoo walking towards the kitchen and opening the fridge to find something to eat.

Woohyun knew Dongwoo must not be in the right state of mind. Of course there’s nothing in the fridge. They’re not even at their home.

“Hungry?” he asked, walking towards the older and grabbing the bread Seyong bought the day before with some strawberry jam. Without waiting for an answer, Woohyun began making the bread for him. He knew Dongwoo was not one to ask for anything even if he wanted them so bad. When he was done, he turned to the older to hand him the food when he saw Dongwoo staring down at his feet.

“Is Hoya… gone?” he suddenly asked and looked up, eyes pleading.

Woohyun heaved a long sigh. He actually didn’t want to get involved in the problem between the two and would rather let them settle it between themselves. They’re adults. But Sunggyu did say to keep an eye on them both. He’d doing this only for Sunggyu.

Placing the plate on the table he grabbed Dongwoo’s shoulder and pulled him into a hug. “It’s going to be okay. Hoya went out to take some air, that’s all.” Woohyun said, running his hand up and down the other boy’s back. He felt Dongwoo’s own arms circling around his waist as he buried his face in his shoulder.

“Everything’s going to be alright,” he assured. And Dongwoo broke the hug apart. He smiled at Woohyun.

“Thank you.”

And Woohyun nodded, throwing one of those eye smiles to the older to make him feel better. He knew he probably couldn’t bring the team back together at the paint where they were right then but at least he could give comfort for those who need it.

Its times like this when he need Sunggyu so much. Usually it would be Sunggyu consoling Dongwoo or making a decision. Well, Sunggyu being the leader as a general and he’s not gone for a day and Woohyun was already feeling the weight of the world on his shoulder.

He looked up when he realized Dongwoo hadn’t said and a thing and was met with the older’s eyes that was staring at his. Woohyun cocked one brow, asking why but instead Dongwoo shook his head and said nothing.

He leaned in towards him and Woohyun froze, surprised at what the older was trying to do. He actually took one step back but was trapped by the counter. And Dongwoo put both arms on the counter by the side of Woohyun’s waist. 

“Dongwoo hyung, don’t. “ he breathed, eyes wide when their lips were an inch apart. 

And he felt Dongwoo’s lips grazed his cheek before his hot breaths were against his ears. “Gotcha, didn’t I?” he whispered ever so softly. “Look, I’m not going to take Gyu hyung’s property. I’m not that brave.”

And Woohyun felt a surge of gladness flooded his chest. That somehow made him at ease. That Dongwoo knew how much he loves Sunggyu right at that moment. And mostly because he was reminded of Sunggyu. And usually Woohyun hated being called someone else’s property but Sunggyu’s property?  It doesn’t sound so bad at all.

He looked up and saw Dongwoo flashing his smile. He grabbed the other boy’s collar. “Trying to pull a prank on me, huh?” he whispered at his ear back. But then came Sungjong’s voice.

“Hoya hyung, why are you standing by the door?”

And the two quickly turned to see Hoya staring at them. Fist tightened and teeth clenched. Woohyun quickly let Dongwoo go, knowing how they must have looked to Hoya.

While Dongwoo stood speechless in front of Woohyun and Hoya glaring daggers at them, Sungjong went to Woohyun and shook his arms. “Where’s Sunggyu hyung? What do you mean they took him?”

Woohyun tried to focus on Sungjong instead on the cold atmosphere of the house. “The agency took him. They-“

And Hoya his heels and left the house with Dongwoo scrambling after him. Seyong who was just at the door turned to Woohyun. “What’s with them?”

“Answer my question first!” Sungjong yelled.

Woohyun let out a long sigh. He needs Sunggyu. 

 

told ya its pointless. anyway i know maybe my frined H**** is reading this so.. hi! keke.. comment guys.. ill love it!! ^^