chap23

Killing Game

as promised.. 

 

 

[Sungyeol’s POV]

“This is the last time I’m following your order.” I hissed at the phone. The voice on the other side chuckled and laughed annoyingly. My grip on the device tightened and on a sudden impulse I threw it to the far wall. It shattered and the pieces went flying everywhere.

“Control your temper, Sungyeol. Wouldn’t want you boyfriend to see your real side?” Insoo said from the door as he took another sip from the glass of champagne in his hand. He put the half empty glass on the small table by the door before slowly made his way to Myungsoo on the bed at the corner of the room.

Myungsoo was still asleep after I injected morphine in his system. He out in just a minute and then I brought him here. I had betrayed him. I had betrayed them.

“Don’t come near him,” I heard myself threatened. But Insoo just turned his head and smirked at me. The bed creaked with the extra weight Insoo was putting on it. He reached for Myungsoo’s face and traced his lips.

“Quite a handsome boy you have here,” He said. “No wonder you stayed there for so long.” He added, backing away from the bed.

“I had to get their trust, and especially him. However, I’m not kidding, don’t touch Kim Myungsoo.”

“I think you’re getting too emotionally attached to him,” Insoo put his arm on my shoulder and whispered. “It’s not healthy liking your enemy, Sungyeol-ah. He wanted to pull you out of the mission the minute you escaped the agency, but no, you insisted on staying there. Now look where it’s got you.”

“Well he’s here, isn’t he? I’m not a traitor like you said.”

Insoo laughed and patted me on the back, a little too rough to my liking. “Welcome home, then.”

After the whole gang left the room, I went to Myungsoo’s side and waited for him to wake up. I knew he wasn’t going to like the fact he was nowhere near the team. He’s probably going to kick everything when he woke up, maybe even kick me for abducting him and betraying him.

I turned when I felt his hand moved in my grip. The iron cuffs around both his wrist clanked as he moved. They had chained him to the bed posts. They knew how experienced he is and how he could kill someone with just a few blows.

Myungsoo blinked a few times as he tried to adjust to the light penetrating the small window at the opposite wall.

He saw me first, “Yeol…” He said, reaching out one hand towards me and the chain clinked again and he froze. Myungsoo turned to the binds around his wrists and trailed to where it led to the pillars of the bed. His head shot up to the surrounding before retracting back to me. Then his eyes went wide.

In a blink of an eye, Myungsoo got to his knees and grabbed the hem of my shirt roughly and pulled me towards him. “How could you!” he hissed. “I should just kill you.”

I felt my heart shattered to pieces. “Myungsoo.”

“I trusted you.” He scowled. “I trusted you, Sungyeol!!!”

“I’m sorry.”

“What now? Are you going to kill me?”

“Sungyeol couldn’t. He could never kill a person,” a voice said.

We turned towards the direction of the voice. Insoo walked in and behind him, he stepped in with his usual long coat and a cane to support his crippled left leg. He took off his shades and smiled at me. “You’re getting weak, Sungyeol. You used to be my best man”

“Gunwoo.” Myungsoo turned back to me when he heard me muttering the name. He was confused in how I know the man he called ‘the answer’ for his uncle. Gunwoo threw something towards me and I caught it midair, opening my hand a second later to see the same kind of syringe.

“Do it before Insoo do it personally.” He said with a smirk on his face. I hesitated before turning back to Myungsoo. The boy in front of me flinched but I pulled him toward me by the neck before he could do anything else.

“Sungyeol, don’t!” he yelled. I shook my head, mouthing ‘sorry’ and jammed the tip to his neck. His eyes rolled back as he fell into my arms. I put Myungsoo back on the bed carefully, whispering sorry again at his ear before turning to Gunwoo and Insoo. “I’m not doing this anymore.” I threw the empty syringe at Gunwoo, right at his crippled left leg.

Gunwoo snickered and began pacing towards me with his cane confidently. His walks had improved from the last time I saw him. Nevertheless, I had to fight the urge of punching a hole through him when he neared me. He reached out his hand and tried to touch me but I put an arm between us, emphasizing the distance I agreed on. “Relax,” he muttered, smiling seductively before pulling me in for a hug.

“You really have no choice, Sungyeol-ah.” he whispered at my ear.

“I’m getting out of this gang.” I said as I removed his hand from around my waist and took a step back. I glanced a moment at Myungsoo sleeping fitfully then back to them. “I’m serious.”

“Do you think they’ll take you back after you abduct him? What did you call yourself again? Infinite?”

I chuckled a laugh. “At least Infinite was there when I need their company. Where were you when I gave myself for him? When I was beaten to a pulp?”

“We couldn’t find you.” Insoo stated from the door.

“Save it. I want my freedom. From this gang, from Infinite. And whatever related to this business.” Gunwoo took an uncertain step back when he saw me walking towards him but soon realized I was aiming for Insoo when I walked right pass him. Insoo rolled his eyes and sniggered when I stopped in front of him.

“What? You’re going to hit me?”

I did just that. I aim straight for the nose and he fell back on his as blood trickled down to the carpeted floor. “That’s for touching Myungsoo and leaving me beaten and half dead.”

“!”

“You were there. I saw you when they were talking about a game of killing us. You probably hid it from Gunwoo. Or you knew?” I turned to Gunwoo, giving a look of suspicion.

He only smiled. It had a double meaning in it. “You do realize we still have to go through with the plan, right? Myungsoo will be sold to his uncle with a high price. And then I will grant you your freedom.”

“Yes. Sell him. But don’t lay a finger on him. I’m warning you.”

“Sure. Whatever you say.”

 

 

it's short and lame and i didnt solve myungyeol.. so sorry *cries.. till the next chapter... thank you for reading! comments appriciated..