chap26

Killing Game

 

“Did you tell Gyu hyung I told you about his secret?” Seyong asked again as they entered the backdoor of the building.

They had reached the designated place Sunggyu had told them. They were people working there but Sungjong didn’t think it would be any problem. With more people around it was easier to do their job. He held his bag close to his chest and nodded back with a small shy smile when a few workers gave their eye smiles to him.

Sungjong knew what he probably looked like to them. Just a slightly lost  high school student or maybe someone trying to find a part time job. And they thought by giving him a small smile and nod would ease him or give him hope of a better future or what not.

Sungjong stared at the ground and controlled the forming smirk. Don’t try telling him what the world is like. He knew more about the world and what’s in it, under it, and what’s hidden from them than they’ll ever be.

“Did you or did you not?” Sungjong thoughts broke when Seyong nudged his waist.

“I didn’t! How many times more do I have to tell you? I don’t know about his secret. You wouldn’t tell me, remember?” Sungjong was starting to get annoyed since Seyong had been asking the same thing for over half an hour.

Even he himself was surprised at Sunggyu’s sudden remark before.  The grin before was just to irritate Seyong.

“Well since he already suspected it, might as well tell you the whole story.”

“About Sunggyu hyung’s life? I know that already.” Sungjong smirked and pushed the elevator button. It opened a second later and they walked in.

“Which part?”

“Woohyun hyung told me his family died in an accident.”

“I know he’d tell everybody that! Woohyun hyung lied to you. They weren’t. They died in a fire. And it’s all because Sunggyu hyung wouldn’t join the agency. He lost both his parents and his little brother. He was the same age as you.”

“A fire?”

“Yup. Until now if you haven’t realized, Gyu hyung have a phobia with fire.”

Sungjong stared at Seyong with one brow raised up, trying to find any sign that he was lying but the other boy had a straight face on.

“It’s true!” Seyong yelled. “That’s probably why you’re his favourite dongsaeng. He misses his brother.”

“You’re not making sense you know that?” The elevator opened again and they were at the fourth floor of the building. Sungjong walked out and smiled at the people working at their tables. They smiled back and Sungjong wondered if they knew an illegal meeting was being held at the building opposite.

“Which room again?” He whispered.

“Second room to left. The conference room.”

When they saw the room, Sungjong and Seyong swiftly slipped in without anyone seeing and locked the doors. Sungjong fished out his binocular and try testing if they manage to see the meeting place from where they were hiding.

“Can you see?”

“Clear as crystal.” he replied shortly.

“But seriously, aren’t you the least wonder why Sunggyu hyung never cooks? He hates fire.”

“I thought because he’s not good in it?”

“No. He’s-He’s… Oh my god, you’re making me go crazy!” Seyong yelled exasperatingly.

“What did I do?”

“Exactly! You’re not doing anything! Do you know how big of an achievement it is to be Gyu hyung’s favourite dongsaeng? I knew him way back and… and he doesn’t really let people into his life. Well except for Woohyun hyung but he’s not even considered a dongsaeng to him.”

Sungjong stayed silent. There’s a lot of thing he didn’t know about the hyung.

“So that’s why I was kinda surprised when you guys live together. He’s not the reserved Gyu hyung I knew before. And seriously, I don’t know if it’s a good thing or not. By not being reserved.”

“What do you mean?”

“You have no idea what the agency will do to get what they wants. What if they still want him? His brain? All the information he knows?”

“I doubt that. I’m from there, remember?”

“Great. One big agency family.” Seyong added. “And I- They’re here!” He quickly pulled the curtain closed and grabbed the binocular. He saw a car parked in front of the opposite building and then another car came.

Seyong saw Gunwoo first. He recognized the face from the picture Sunggyu gave him before. Then he saw Insoo. His right hand man. And-

“What the- Isn’t that Sungyeol hyung?” Seyong whispered but enough for Sungjong to listen. Sungjong chuckled. He didn’t know Seyong was such joker.  

“There’s no way—“ Sungjong paused, turning to Seyong once before bringing his eyes back to the binoculars to make sure. “It’s him! What is he doing there? With Gunwoo?” Sungjong turned back to Seyong but none of them have the answer. He decided to inform Hoya first. He couldn’t tell Dongwoo and Woohyun because they are bad at keeping secrets.

In a few seconds, the line was through. “Hyung, Hoya hyung? Where’s Sunggyu hyung?”

“He’s in his room. Why?”

“No. Just... I saw Sungyeol hyung...”

“Yeol? Where? Did you see L too?” Hoya replied. Woohyun who was walking by turned immediately when he heard the name of the missing dongsaengs.

“Yeah. But he’s with Gunwoo.”

“That’s absurd.” Hoya laughed but after a few seconds he received a picture from Sungjong. And his mouth gaped open when he saw it. There was no mistaken. It was Sungyeol all right. That height, that lean shoulders, that hairstyle and that familiar earrings.

“Hyung! Hoya hyung!” Sungjong’s voice called from the other line.

“Y-yes!” He pulled the phone to his ear.

“Don’t tell Sunggyu hyung yet. I’ll check into this further more with Seyong and be back in a few hours, okay?”

“Okay. Careful.”

The line went dead and Hoya took a long breath before taking his eyes back to the picture. Why would Sungyeol be with Gunwoo? And where was L?

Hoya looked around hastily and saw that Sunggyu was nowhere to be seen. He knew, whatever happens, Sunggyu must not know. He would first, if Hoya was right, will not believe it until he saw the picture. Secondly, the hyung will surely cancel the thing and come out with another plan which was a pain in the neck since they were there for Gunwoo at the first place.

“Was that Sungjong? What did he found?” Woohyun asked and Hoya immediately tried to hide his phone but Woohyun was faster. He snatched it right from Hoya’s grasp.

Woohyun smirk at the success but it quickly died down when his eyes met with the picture.  “Impossible. Why is Sungyeol-“

Before Woohyun could go any further, Hoya grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the room into his and Dongwoo’s shared room. After making sure there was no one around he whispered, “I know. It’s Sungyeol alright but don’t tell Sunggyu hyung.”

“Until when? He will find out.”

“Just until Sungjong got back.” Said Hoya. And to tell the truth, Sungyeol did seem a little different to him lately. He was quieter after they came to Incheon. And Hoya saw the expression he tried to hide after Sunggyu mentioned Gunwoo.

“Do you think Sungyeol…“ Hoya raised his head when he heard Woohyun spoke.

“-was the man Gunwoo tried to save from the agency?” Hoya continued.

Woohyun nodded.

Hoya raised his shoulders. “I don’t know. I did think it was weird when we took them from the agency. It was only supposed to be three. Sungyeol’s name was never sent to me and Sunggyu hyung.”

 “What about L?”

“I don’t know. But if it’s Sungyeol we’re talking about, I don’t think he will let anything happen to L. L is like... his everything.”

Woohyun nodded.

Suddenly, someone turned the knob of the door from the outside and the two quickly ended their conversation. The door opened, revealing a slightly drowsy Dongwoo who was looking back and forth between Woohyun and Hoya. “Did something happen?”

“Nothing, just talking.” Hoya feigned a smile and pulled him out of the room.

 

well firstly sorry for ive been confusing the readers. i didn't mean to. because i wrote this long ago and then went into a hiatus before writing back, i forgot the things i wrote. so mianhe~~ and about the complicated plot i did, im sorry but i actually like it lol. its hard to find spy stories of agents sort of fic. but really, you guys reading this already mean a lot to me. and ive been wanting to tell this too, sorry for the bad grammar if there are. I knew grammar but sometimes i also rely on microsoft word to correct my mistake.