chap20

Killing Game

 

Everybody in the house heard the shot. Sungjong was the first to reach Dongwoo’s room and without knocking, he barged in to see Hoya on the floor, legs sprawled and leaning against the wall behind him, looking wide eyed at Dongwoo on the bed.

He turned to the other boy who was scrambling on his feet to get to Hoya.

“Hoya I’m so sorry!” The older apologized as he helped Hoya up. Sungjong saw the other nodded.

“What happened?” Sungyeol asked from behind. Myungsoo and Woohyun were also there.

“I was polishing my guns and accidently released the trigger. Thank god I didn’t shot him.” Everybody could hear Dongwoo’s voice shook as he explained. He gripped Hoya’s hand again and gave him a meaningful look. “Sorry.”

Hoya smiled. “Nah, it’s just an accident.”

Myungsoo skimmed the bathroom door and saw the bullet trapped in between a crack. And if he was right, with Hoya’s height he was sure the bullet would most probably pierce his skull if he move a millisecond late. “Here,” he handed the bullet to Dongwoo

Dongwoo took it and clenched it, returning his gaze to Hoya once again. “Sorry, Hoya.”

This time Hoya chuckled, he let go of Dongwoo’s hand and wrapped him in a hug. Hoya buried his face in the older’s shoulder and whispered, “I know you didn’t mean it. Don’t worry,”

“Alright, making out time! Let’s go guys,”Woohyun remark sent everyone laughing but as if understanding the situation, they left the place.

When Woohyun reached his room, Sunggyu was just finished taking his bath. He saw Sunggyu’s half body, which he hadn’t see for a while since they sleep in separate rooms but even now, he was still amazed at how well the leader managed to keep those abs by just sitting in front of computers.

People who didn’t know him would never think there were even any packs under those baggy clothes of his. And even more to that, Sunggyu don’t even go to workouts like him, Dongwoo and Hoya. Woohyun remembered him saying something that the three were in charge of the brawns while he was of the brains.

Woohyun sat on the edge of the bed, back facing Sunggyu when he saw him trying to put on his pants. He took out his phone and pretended to text someone. Woohyun do that mostly when he was nervous so even he himself wondered why he did so at that moment. He heard the bed creaked behind him and Woohyun turned his head, trying to see what Sunggyu was doing.

Sunggyu had put on his shirt and when he raised his head, their eyes met for a while and Sunggyu turned away. And it happened for a few times in which Sunggyu looked away each times.

Woohyun saw him looking again and again and it finally hit him. The gunshot from earlier, Sunggyu was curious of it. Except he knew how big Sunggyu’s ego was and there was no way he was going to be the first to ask. So instead of letting his curiosity killed the older, Woohyun decided to just blurt the situation.

“The gunshot you probably heard? It was from Dongwoo. He almost hit Hoya but they’re okay.”

“Oh, okay,” was all Sunggyu said but Woohyun heard him heaved a sigh of relief.  “Tell everyone to meet here in our room at nine. I have to go out a while,” Sunggyu continued as he dried his hair with his towel.

“Where are you going?” Woohyun looked at him but Sunggyu avoided the gaze.

“Gyu hyung, where are you going?” He asked again, louder this time.

“Just meeting a friend.” Sunggyu walked pass him to the door and Woohyun grabbed his hand carefully before he could go any further.

“You’re not well,”

For a second, Woohyun swore he saw Sunggyu’s face softened but then it was replaced with a snarl. “Mind your own business,” And by that the older yanked his hand away and pushed passed him, purposely shoving him by the shoulder with the same hand.

Woohyun didn’t know what overtake him or where his sense disappeared but when he blinked, he was pinning Sunggyu to the wall, both hands on Sunggyu’s wrists and their faces only an inch away. Woohyun saw the shocked expression the other boy was wearing and he was sure he was wearing the same face.

“I...” He wanted to say sorry however the words were stuck in his throat. Instead what he said was, “It’s not safe outside. And with your conditions...”

Sunggyu’s face was a complete taken aback expression. “Oh so do you think I’m safe with you?” he pushed Woohyun away roughly and his heels towards the door.

“Hyung!” He reached for Sunggyu’s hand before the older could reach the front door but it was jerked away.

“Don’t follow me, Woohyun. I have important things to do than just dealing with you.” Sunggyu slipped on his shoes and slammed the door open. He began to walk but suddenly stopped and turned to face Woohyun in the hallway, he also saw the other members’ head peeking from their respective rooms.

“Hyung...” Woohyun’s voice was almost begging.

“Nine, in my room. Tell the others.”

And with that he left.

--

 

[Sungjong’s POV]

“What was that?” I turned to Seyong’s head under me peeking behind the door of our room. Seyong blinked once, twice before shaking his head.

“That’s the first time I actually saw Sunggyu hyung...doing something like that to someone.”

I nodded. It was my first time seeing Sunggyu hyung like that too, ignoring someone totally. His problem with Woohyun hyung must be worse than we think it was. I saw Woohyun hyung’s hunched shoulders closing the front door and turning back into the house when he saw us. Three door slams could be heard almost simultaneously.

“Is this... the first time Sunggyu hyung’s like that? I mean you know him longer than us.”

Seyong raised his shoulders and pouted. Putting his arms around his body, Seyong walked slowly from one side of the room to the other. He stopped suddenly and turned to me. “Actually, it’s not the first time. Do you know about Sunggyu hyung’s family?”

I shook my head. “Tell me!”

“No, go ask him yourself. He’ll kill me if he knows I told you guys.”

“Nah he won’t. You’re like his favourite dongsaeng.”

Seyong laughed out loud suddenly. “Well, used to. Until he met you.”

“Me? Why me?”

“He had a brother just around your age. And well, ask the rest of the story yourself. You’ll be surprised, and maybe you’ll treat that hyung of mine better.”

And since Seyong wouldn’t even give me any hint of Sunggyu hyung’s family I decided to ask him myself. Maybe he’ll tell me. I mean we’re still fighting but it wasn’t as bad as before. At least he allowed me to change his bandage the other day and have the mind to thank me after that.

And something about what he said made me ponder for a while. If Sunggyu hyung had a brother around my age, was that the reason he was so concern about me? Was that why he insisted on helping me forget Myungsoo hyung?

I fell asleep waiting for nine o clock and only woke up when I felt a cold hand caressing my left cheek, urging me to go to Sunggyu hyung’s room but in a very soft way. I opened my eyes to see no other than Myungsoo hyung there. He smiled and pulled my hand and me off from the bed. I stumbled on the carpet and my face met his chest.

Pushing him away and getting myself awake from my mid-sleepiness, I looked around for the door and beat him to it. When I reached Sunggyu hyung’s room I saw him sitting at the dresser, leaning against the mirror with a file in his hand. Woohyun hyung was at the far corner of the room by the window. He had his arms crossed but I know he was probably glad our leader had come home in one piece.

Hoya hyung and Dongwoo hyung was on the bed, their eyes focused on the oldest while Seyong was also leaning at the wall behind, looking intently at him. I went next to him and Myungsoo hyung and Sungyeol hyung stood by the door.

“Everybody’s here?” he asked and Hoya hyung looked around before nodding.

“So here. I got Gunwoo’s whereabouts. My friend I met just now said he’s somehow crippled and he came back to Korea only two months ago. Gunwoo is currently in Incheon too with his strongest men. They came to make another agreement with Loen apparently and this time it’s a big one, they want to take down the Agency.”

“Wait, they’re fighting each other now?” Dongwoo hyung asked.

“It’s part of the business Dongwoo like you don’t know it. Betrayal for one’s significance.”

“Should we just let them fight? I mean, Gunwoo’s doing the job for us.” Myungsoo hyung said and I saw Sungyeol hyung nodding beside him. I also saw his hand grasping Myungsoo hyung’s.

“We could but I got a feeling Gunwoo’s up to something. I’m not sure why he wants to take down the Agency actually. They never did anything wrong and as far as I know, he was trying to save someone, one of his important men who was once in the Agency.”

“So he wants the profiles of that man gone because if the he was found, even Gunwoo’s secrets could be revealed,” Seyong concluded and Sunggyu hyung nodded.

“So what now?” Myungsoo hyung asked.

“Now, we wait for them to do the meeting. It’s tomorrow.”