chap 35

Killing Game

Sunggyu and Woohyun took separate entrances at the event. They tried to mingle with everybody as if they were part of the community. Sunggyu saw myungsoo’s uncle from afar, guarded by a dozen people and he was sure there could be security snooping around at the balconies or somewhere.

Sunggyu looked to where he last saw Woohyun but now the other wasn’t alone. A girl was with him, a very y girl and Woohyun’s seducing her. Sunggyu could tell from his gestures, his gaze and how his lips smoothly let out compliments to the girl. Sunggyu can’t help but feel annoyed.

He looked away and resolved to keep walking into where the drinks were. He thanked a waiter that offered him a glass of wine and took a small sip.

“Alone?” he heard a voice from behind and turned to see a very handsome looking man. He threw a dashing smile.

“No, just… enjoying the drinks. I’m- Sunggyu,” Sunggyu offered a handshake and he took it rather quick. The other man’s handshake was firm and his index finger lingered at Sunggyu’s a little too long for a stranger. He glanced up and raised one brow.

“What a coincidence, I’m Junkyu. Your hands are pretty by the way. Soft.”

Sunggyu laughed. “Yea I heard that a lot.”

Junkyu looked pleased at the question because his seductive smile turned to a really friendly one. “I escaped my father’s bodyguards so does that considered alone too?”

“That must be annoying.” he retorted.

“You tell me. Hey, you want to sit somewhere together? I’d love to know more about you.” Junkyu’s hand slid down Sunggyu’s left arm swiftly and stopped at his wrist. Before Sunggyu could reply, Junkyu had taken him out of the room to the balcony by the yard. Sunggyu figured this kind of thing could help in his disguise.

“Where’s Sunggyu hyung? I can’t find him,” came Woohyun’s voice through the earpiece.

“He’s with… someone,” Dongwoo reluctantly answered.

“Someone? Who?”

“We don’t know,” this time Hoya replied.

“So why are you here? “ Junkyu started, leaning against the railing, arms crossed and looking at Sunggyu.

“What about you?”

“ I have my reasons. Mostly because my father forced me and I had nothing to do but to come to a lame event. But now I know it’s not that bad actually. I get to meet pretty boys like you.”

Sunggyu almost laughed at that. He didn’t fell for it but he got to admit Junkyu’s a smooth talker, even better than Woohyun.  He was taken by surprised when Junkyu took his glass and put it on the balcony. The other took his waist that Sunggyu yelped.

“How do you know I’m that side,” he asked, still keeping his composure. Having a handsome face that close to you sure weren’t a bad thing but now he thinks Junkyu actually really liked him.

“If you’re not at that side, I just lost something I really like. But in your case, I don’t really care.” and with that he turned Sunggyu on his heels, turning their position so Sunggyu was against the railing of the balcony. Junkyu leans in and just so casually kissed Sunggyu on the lips.

Sunggyu was so surprised he couldn’t move. The next thing he know Junkyu had broke the kiss apart and kissing him again, deeper this time. And right at the moment, walking pass the door to the balcony was myungsoo’s uncle. His eyes wondered to where they were and on impulse, Sunggyu wrapped his arms around Junkyu’s neck and was kissing him back.

Sunggyu could feel Junkyu’s tongue against his. He cursed inside his head when the old man wouldn’t move from his spot. The other businessmen had to greet him there.  Junkyu stopped to take a breath but he didn’t stop there, his mouth moved to Sunggyu’s cheek, down to his neck…

Myungsoo’s uncle finally moved and Sunggyu quickly pushed Junkyu by his chest politely. “I’ll… I’m just gonna get us drinks.” he said, taking in breaths after every word. Sunggyu waved him goodbye before disappearing behind the balcony door. He ran, yes, he ran for the gents and thank god he was alone.

“What was that?” he said to himself more than anything. Sunggyu sighed as he looked at himself at the mirror, his lips were red, almost like bruised and his suit had some serious rumples at the waist. The door opened and Sunggyu turned to see Woohyun.

“Where have you been?”

“No where. But I guess you know that’s a lie, right?”

“He was hitting on you. That guy.”

“I figured.” Sunggyu opened the water tap, wetting his fingers before wiping his lips. It felt like he was trying to show Woohyun he didn’t like the kiss. That wasn’t fully true. He did found the kiss… okay for a first meeting standard. But then again, it’s not Woohyun’s lips.

Sunggyu looked up to see Woohyun staring at him from the mirror. “What?”

“I saw you kissed him back.”

So that’s what it was all about. “It’s all for cover, Woohyun. I saw you played your cover well with the girl before.” Sunggyu grabbed a few tissues and wiped his lips carefully so not to mess with the makeup. “Why is it always you who attract the girls?” Sunggyu asked.

Woohyun smirked. “Why do you have to attract the guys?”

Sunggyu looked up, surprised. Woohyun raised his brows as if challenging him. “I’ll see you later,” Woohyun said, turning for the door. “And oh yeah, don’t wipe that lips so hard. I’ll wipe them for you when we get home.” and he left.

When Woohyun exited the gents, the first thing he did was to make sure Junkyu was nowhere around. Wouldn’t want to let that man approach Sunggyu again. Cover or what, Woohyun doesn’t care. He continued walking and that’s when he saw a familiar face. A face he hadn’t seen far too long. Sungyeol.

Sungyeol was walking with gunwoo. Woohyun approached him from the side, grabbing another class and drinking a few sips as he looked at the tall man a little closer just too make sure his eyes weren’t deceiving him.

“I saw him,” Woohyun said.

“It’s really Sungyeol,” said Hoya from the earpiece. “What’s he doing with gunwoo?”

“I’m moving closer,” he informed.

Sungyeol was looking around, like he was looking for something. Is he searching for Sunggyu hyung? Woohyun thought. Gunwoo was talking to one of the guests and Woohyun took that chance to come closer. He approached Sungyeol, purposely bumping on him and spilling his drink on the other.

Sungyeol cursed under his breath but Woohyun looked up and their eyes met. He could see the acknowledgement in his eyes. Sungyeol know it’s him behind the disguise.

“I’m-I’m so sorry sir,” Woohyun quickly said.

“You okay, Sungyeol?” gunwoo asked, trying to take a look at Woohyun.

“I’m fine.”

“Where are you going?” gunwoo asked, grabbing Sungyeol’s hand when he was about to leave. Woohyun didn’t miss, the out of the usual kind of interaction between the two.

“To clean this up. Do you have to know that too?” Sungyeol yanked his hand away and made his way to the gents. He hoped Woohyun’s following him. Sungyeol entered the gents and bumped into someone about to leave.

“Sunggyu hyung?”

“Sungyeol!”

Sunggyu quickly hugged the other. “Where have you been?” he asked after they had broken the hug. Although Sunggyu wanted to keep the hug longer, he knew whatever reason Sungyeol was at the event, it couldn’t be good.

“It’s… a long story. But myungsoo’s in danger. I need your help.”

“What?”

“I made a mistake. I’m sorry. But-“

“I understand. Here.” Sunggyu took out a paper and wrote down their current address. “We’re here. But Sungjong and seyong’s been missing.”

“I told him to be careful!”

“You met him?”

The door opened suddenly and came in a panicked Woohyun. He closed the door behind him. “Gunwoo’s asking for you. Better go before he suspects anything.” he said. Sungyeol nodded. He pulled Woohyun in for a hug as a greeting, both hi and goodbye.

“Thank you,” was the last thing Sungyeol said before he left the gents. After about half a minute, Sunggyu and Woohyun exchanged looks, nodding as their mission that day ended. They both didn’t waste any time at the event anymore. They left that instant, Woohyun taking the far entrance while Sunggyu took the straight flight of stairs down. But just as Sunggyu was nearing the van, he heard someone calling for him.

He gave one brief glance at the black window van. Dongwoo and Hoya’s probably watching him.

“Junkyu!”

“Where are you going?” the latter looked so sincere it broke Sunggyu’s heart.

“I have to leave. Look, it’s… not working between us.” he decided to keep the conversation short. He didn’t want to be there any more than necessary.

“b-but why? You kissed me back!” Junkyu exclaimed.

Sunggyu opened his mouth to say something but a hand grabbed his upper right arm suddenly, turning him on his heels and Sunggyu was met with Nam Woohyun. He looked angry. No, furious. His eyes were deep, his dark orbs darker and his ears red. Woohyun took Sunggyu’s chin, and kissed him rather forcefully like a hungry animal. Woohyun’s kiss usually go from soft to wherever but even from the first touch, the younger was pushing his tongue inside Sunggyu’s mouth.

If Sunggyu didn’t know better, he could have choked to death. And as much as he hated it, his legs gave in from under him and he was suddenly against the van, both hands pinned above his head by Woohyun. Sunggyu was still dizzy from the kiss but he heard exactly what Woohyun said to Junkyu.

“Why? Because he has me.” Woohyun slide open the back door, pushing Sunggyu in before joining him and slamming the door back shut. “Drive!” he ordered to Dongwoo.

 

--

 

They reached home a few hours later. Gunwoo almost drunk from all the wine while Sungyeol stayed away from any of it. He didn’t need to be drunk, he needed to take Myungsoo to safety, and he thinks as he touched the paper Sunggyu gave him in his pants’ pocket.

Gunwoo had gone straight to bed. Sungyeol made a detour to see Myungsoo. He opened the door carefully. Any of Gunwoo’s men, especially Insoo could hear him.

Lights flooded in and he saw the peaceful face of Kim Myungsoo sleeping on the bed. Sungyeol approached him, sitting by the side of the bed. Myungsoo flinched but didn’t open his eyes.

“I’m sorry,” Sungyeol finally whispered. “I thought it was the right choice. Didn’t think it’ll end up like this.”

His fingers traced the bruises by myungsoo’s eyes. “I’m sorry.”

Myungsoo opened his eyes suddenly and Sungyeol quickly stood up. “What do you mean by that?”

“I…” Sungyeol couldn’t continue. He wanted to tell Myungsoo everything. That he’ll save him soon but like his lips were sealed, sungyeol’s voice was stuck at his throat. Myungsoo was staring at him, waiting.

“Do you actually… love me? Or… it’s all an act, huh?” Sungyeol swore he heard his heart break at the questions. He loves Myungsoo. More than anything.

“It’s going to end soon.” Sungyeol said.

“What do you mean? You’re not answering my question.” the other boy sat up. He tried to reach for Sungyeol but the taller boy took a step back and myungsoo’s move was blocked by the chains around his wrists.

“It’s going to end.  I’m going to-“

The door cracked opened suddenly and they both turned simultaneously. Insoo was at the door, gun in hand and eyes looking sharply at the two. “What are you doing in here, Sungyeol? Visiting hour’s over.”

“I didn’t realize there was any.”

“There was. 24 hours actually, you away from Kim Myungsoo here. Gunwoo’s order.”

“You can tell gunwoo I don’t give a damn with his orders. He doesn’t own me, not anymore. You see, I’ve earned my freedom. I don’t have any leash around my neck like you and that’s why you’re so jealous of me, aren’t you Insoo?”

“For the past months, I’ve been having an actual life and you’re stuck here beside a man who doesn’t give a about you.”

“You better watch your mouth.”

Sungyeol smirked, giving one last look to Myungsoo. He turned to leave the room and when he was at the door, his back against Insoo, Sungyeol gave one last turn back to Insoo, “you watch your back.”