chap12

Killing Game

 

[Nobody’s POV]

When Hoya woke up that day, Dongwoo wasn’t beside him. He panicked thinking something happened to the older. They went out to drink the night before and he was out in an hour. He couldn’t handle alcohols as good as Dongwoo. Moreover he knew how Dongwoo would do stupid things when he’s out.

But suddenly Dongwoo came into the room with breakfast. Hoya laughed when he saw all he made was half boiled eggs.

“We could go to the cafe downstairs you know?” Hoya said but ate the eggs nonetheless.

“Nothing wrong with cooking, right?” the older replied. He disappeared behind the door and emerged a few seconds later with a file in hand. “Here’s your identity, Im Yonghyun.” He gave the fake id to Hoya and took his own id. “I’m Lee Hojun. That’s close, to Lee Howon don’t you think?”

“Shut up,” Hoya said as he went to the closet to get their shirts. He threw the hangers on the bed and took out their work tag with the fake names and their pictures. “Go get ready. The interview’s in an hour.”

Dongwoo stood up and both of them took turns to shower, it’s safer that way, and get dressed in the work outfit. Dongwoo clipped his work tag at the pocket and wore his favourite cologne. Then he made the final touch up with his hair and finally looked at himself at the mirror, swaying his body in different angles. Hoya saw all these.

“Don’t tell me you’re getting excited, hyung?” Hoya raised one brow to mock him as he struggled with the tie. Dongwoo went to him and helped him. He buttoned Hoya’s shirt and pushed the tie until it went perfectly till the end. Then he pulled the collar and kissed Hoya lightly on the lips. “It’s a shame you had to hide the neck bones,” said Dongwoo, smiling.

“ert!” Hoya said back. He took his briefcase and followed Dongwoo out of their hotel room.

“Oh I’m planning on hitting some girls today.”

“I dare you.”

“I take that dare.”

-- --

Hoya and Dongwoo didn’t walk together in the building. Just like their names, they were perfect strangers. Amidst the crowd of people also interviewing with them, Hoya and Dongwoo looked no difference.

“Wait here while I call everyone in for the interview,” A woman told them and everybody took their seats. Hoya and Dongwoo slipped pass them to the elevator. In the elevator, they still acted like strangers. They both saw the camera watching at the corner of the lift. Hoya walked out first at the floor before Dongwoo followed casually a second later.

They walked along the hallway and finally saw a corner at the end. Its where the office was situated. Dongwoo motioned for Hoya to wear their mask and Hoya followed. They leaned on the wall and crept slowly until the end of the hallway with Hoya at the front. He made a hand sign for Dongwoo to wait.

Hoya read everything with his eyes. He saw two men guarding the room outside and a girl sitting at the table by the office. It was the only table there. Suddenly, the girl stood up and went to a room at the end of the hallway. Hoya saw the chance and walked up to the two men. Swiftly, he jammed a syringe to the neck of one of the men while Dongwoo to the other. The syringes were filled with anaesthetics. The man struggled in their holds but their screams were muffled with Dongwoo and Hoya’s hand.

Dongwoo helped Hoya dragged the men into the office and then walked back out. The plan was Hoya to find any proof while he stayed on guard outside. Suddenly, Dongwoo saw the girl coming back to the table. He hissed at the sudden change of occurrence. He hid his mask in his pocket and walked to her when she saw him.

“Hi,” He smiled.

“Hi but you’re not supposed to be here. You came for the interview, right?” She asked. Dongwoo laughed. He really didn’t know what to do in situation like this. He just wished Hoya would hurry with his job. He saw the CCTV at the end of the hallway looking his way. Dongwoo knew he was dead meat. His face was exposed to the company now.

“Yes but I heard the girls here are pretty. Didn’t think I’d find an angel,” he remarked. He read the pickup line somewhere. “Oh stop,” she blushed. Dongwoo saw the door opened slightly and knew Hoya was done with his work. If he could just take the girl’s attention from the door. Dongwoo went to her behind the counter and grabbed her hand.

“How about lunch?” She looked stunned. “I don’t do lunch,” she said and began turning to her table but Dongwoo grabbed her shoulder.

“Dinner?”

Hoya walked out and nodded at him before disappearing behind the hallway. Dongwoo nodded back

“Is there something behind me?” she turned just as Hoya was out of view.

“No of course not. I just... I should go. My interview’s starting. Nice meeting you,” he waved at her and began walking when the next word from the girl stopped him.

“Jang Dongwoo-shii?” He didn’t tell her his name and his nametag was Lee Hojun.

He turned. The girl was pointing a gun at him. The next thing he knew, a shot rang through the air he and felt something strong hit him on the left shoulder. Dongwoo staggered and felt an arm behind him before the girl’s eyes shot back when a bullet drilled her on the forehead. She collapsed on the floor, dead.

Dongwoo felt the man; Hoya dragged him into the elevator as he stumbled over his own feet. The world was spinning and the pain was excruciating. It had been a long time since he got a bullet. Blood started to stain his shirt and hand. He thought he was trembling but soon realized it was Hoya. He drifted on and off the state. The pain on his shoulder kicked in and his left arm started to feel numb.

He didn’t know what Hoya did but he only saw black. Hoya was covering his face. Then he was on a vehicle and driven off to somewhere. It wasn’t long before he passed out from the pain.

-- --

The next time he opened his eyes, his left shoulder was bandaged, he was in a new pair of clothes and he felt woozy. Hoya was sleeping against the wall across off of the bed with his knife in his hand. He didn’t look comfortable sleeping in the sitting position. A smile crossed on Dongwoo’s lips. He was making sure they were safe in the place- wherever they were.

“Hoya?” he called softly but the younger flinched and immediately put the knife in front of him, an instinctive move when someone’s in guard.

“Hyung? You’re awake!” The knife fell from his hand and he ran to the bed. He was about to hug Dongwoo when he realized his state.

“How long I’ve been out?” Dongwoo asked. Hoya thought about it a while before answering.

“Three days.”

“Were you worried?” Dongwoo smiled.

“What kind of question is that?” Hoya barked.

“Tell me everything,” he said.

“You got shot and I saved you just in time. And the most important bit of information; they saw my face so if I became the next target after my sister it’s probably your fault. But since you’re safe, I regret nothing.”

“Well I regret everything.”

Hoya let out a long sigh. He moved to Dongwoo’s side and laced their fingers together. He leaned on his shoulder and closed his eyes. “I’m tired.”

“You didn’t sleep? Have you been awake while I’m unconscious? Hoya!” Dongwoo groaned pulling his hand away from Hoya, causing the pain to erupt from his shoulder. “Argh!” Hoya instinctively move away. “Does it hurt?”

Dongwoo shook his head. “No.” He answered briefly; annoyed with the fact that Hoya hadn’t been sleeping because of him.

Suddenly, Hoya laughed. He was laughing so hard that he bumped his head on the wall. “What’s so funny?” Dongwoo asked.

“Nothing I just remembered something.”

“Erm... hey, we’re here,” Hoya said slowly, slightly moving his right shoulder so the red-haired boy would wake up. But to no avail. He didn’t even cringe. Woohyun and Sunggyu had left the car with the other boy beside the red haired boy. The two boys behind too, leaving only him and the guy sleeping soundly against his shoulder.

“Hey,” Hoya didn’t know his name. “Wake up.”

He didn’t move. Maybe he’s dead. But he’s breathing.

Hesitantly, Hoya moved his head. It lolled back a while before rolling back to his shoulder.

Hoya didn’t realize how long he had been sitting there in the car. It was cold since they’re in the mountain. None of the boys who left came back to check on them. They weren’t close enough to do that anyway. He played with his phone. Flipping it open and close again and again to chase away the boredom. Now that he thinks about it, it had been a while since he had a moment like this. Just sitting and doing nothing. Completely relaxed.

Maybe being in a group wouldn’t hurt at all. At least there’s company.

They boy beside him flinched suddenly. He opened his eyes and unconsciously wrapped his arms around Hoya’s waist. Hoya felt shivers ran down his spine. But then the boy opened his eyes and sat straight, away from Hoya. He turned to Hoya when he realized the car was empty besides them.

“Did I..?”

Hoya nodded slowly.

“I’m sorry. I’m a very heavy sleeper.”

“It’s okay.” Hoya opened the door and walked out. He didn’t realize he had been sitting that long for his waist to ache like an old man.

“Do you remember the first time we met?” Hoya’s question brought Dongwoo’s attention to him. He nodded.

“I fell asleep on your shoulder.”

“You sure did. You slept like a baby. Always did, always do.”

Dongwoo laughed.

“It was the first time I actually sat still that long for the first time after my sister’s death. You know, just sitting and doing nothing. Somehow with your head on my shoulder, I felt at ease for a very long time.” Hoya continued. “Being with you makes me calm.”

“I’m glad I can be at your service.” Dongwoo whispered, burying his face into Hoya’s hair and kissing it lightly. It felt prickly against his skin. But he didn’t care.  Hoya looked up and his eyes met with Dongwoo’s. He leaned in. So did Dongwoo.

And they kissed.

 

i have this habit of pulling flashbacks into my story once in a while. i hope it's not confusing. XD anyway, comments are appreciated!