chap 36 : Reunion

Killing Game

“What’s wrong with you?” Woohyun yelled, throwing his coat on the couch as soon as they reached the house. Sunggyu followed from behind, reaching his hand for Woohyun’s hand before he can escape to his room. He had so many rage in him Sunggyu was scared he would explode from it.

“Hey, he called softly, pulling Woohyun so he was facing him properly. “Chill okay. It was all an act okay.”

“He kissed you.” short and yet so many hurt in the younger’s eyes.

“Is that what this all about?” he asked. “That he kissed me? Woohyun, it was like, what, 5 seconds or something.” he laughed.

“Still-.”

“It means nothing to me. I didn’t know you can be this jealous for something like that.”

“I don’t like it. I don’t like to see you in someone else’s arms besides mine.” Woohyun didn’t want to admit it but even since when he and Sunggyu knew each other years ago, he never liked seeing Sunggyu with someone else. Even if he didn’t love Sunggyu then. Woohyun thought it was a simple jealousy over not wanting to share his friends, Call it greed or obsessive but Woohyun was never good at sharing things or friends. Moreover his lover.

But he had never been so angry about it before than that current time. Seeing someone he thought he owned in someone else’s arms, kissing someone else… Woohyun was so angry beyond anything.

“Not you.” he said.

“Okay. I’m sorry. It won’t happen again.” Sunggyu assured.

Woohyun finally showed a smile and leaned forward as he captured Sunggyu lips in a kiss.

They broke the kiss when Dongwoo and hoya passed through the living room. Hoya purposely bumping into the couch, messing the moment.

“Jeez,” Woohyun cursed under his breath while Sunggyu laughed at the awkward moment.

“Sorry,” hoya muttered, disappearing behind the door to his room.

-- --

 

 [Myungsoo’s POV]

It was the violent tug on my neck that woke me up. I didn’t even have the time to open my eyes before I was pulled down to the floor, the chains around me gone but the collar. I looked up to three people in the room . Gunwoo, Insoo and Sungyeol.

“May I, sir?” Insoo guffawed when Gunwoo nodded yes. I saw Sungyeol gripped his hand by the end of my eyes but he wasn’t doing anything to stop Insoo from punching and kicking me.

“I hope you learn your lesson Sungyeol.” Gunwoo said. “I told you to stay away from him.”

Insoo was loving this. It was his pleasure to treat me as a punching back. I saw his read eyes, how his teeth gritted in excitement. Every punch he gave sent my stomach into more excruciating pain until I couldn’t breathe properly anymore.

I tried to stand still but Insoo grabbed my collar and pushed me to the wall roughly, my head hit the hard surface and I was sure it was bleeding. I saw Sungyeol standing by Gunwoo, looking at me with a blank expression but then I caught his eyes. Teary.

“This it’ll teach you yeol.” Insoo laughed, trying to kick me in my face but I blocked them with my arms.

It hurts him. To see me like this.

Insoo pulled me up again by my collar and punched me across the face. I felt that metallic taste in my mouth and spit them out before collapsing, breath unsteady and all parts of my body hurting. I glanced up at Sungyeol.

He looked away.

And I smiled as Insoo kicked my stomach. He couldn’t look at me. Sungyeol couldn’t look at me. I felt another blow to my chest and I was sent rolling a metre away, directly to the feet of Sungyeol. Lee Sungyeol. He looked down at my face and I smiled as I saw those tears in his eyes.

The last blow came to my chest again. Insoo stomped me with those big feet of his. I coughed another mouthful of blood and they spluttered down to the sides of my face. But then something warm fell to my eyes and it was Sungyeol’s tears. I saw him kicking Insoo away and grabbing me by the shoulder. He grabbed Insoo’s gun and shots were fired. Everything went blank after that.

Another tear fell and I blinked it away, only realising it was my tear this time. I opened my eyes and saw that we were alone, in some sort of a vehicle. He was driving and I had my head on his lap. “Why didn’t you fight back, dummy!” he hissed, half concentrating on the road.

He does care about me.

I said something but they came out as slurring. And blood. I started to feel sleepy. Sungyeol saw this and he put one hand to the side of my face, slapping me lightly to keep me awake.

“L, Yah L! Stay awake!” His voice echoed.

But I was really sleepy.

“L! Yah L!!!”

-- --

Sungyeol didn’t quite realize he was crying. He thought it was the rain drops on the windshield but when he brushed his finger over his eyes he realized it was his tears.

He turned back to L, looking as if he was merely sleeping and immediately Sungyeol knew he had no choice. He slammed in the brake and fished out his phone from the dashboard. Gunwoo and Insoo had make sure he had no such gadgets on him every time he enter the building and so Sungyeol had make sure he kept a spare phone in the car. Just in case.

He dialled the quick line 1 and waited. His heartbeat increased more in each seconds as the beeping on the other line kept going. And the operator answered.

“!” He muttered before dialling again. “Pick up pick up pick up. Gyu hyung…”

“Hello?” Came the voice of Woohyun. “Sungyeol?”

“Hyung! I… Myungsoo… he’s hurt. I-I need help… please...”

“I-“ Sungyeol heard the sound of the phone switching hand.

“Where are you now?”

“Gyu hyung! I.. I’m at… I don’t know!”

“Just follow the address I gave you! We’ll be prepared.”

“Okay.”

And Sungyeol ended the call. He threw the phone to the backseat and looked back down at L. one hand caressed his soft cheek and Sungyeol bent down to peck him on the lips, ignoring the blood smeared at the side of his mouth. “Please Myungsoo. Don’t give up on me yet.”

-- --

When a car pulled sown on the driveway, Hoya and Dongwoo were the first to storm out. They saw Sungyeol coming out of the car and going to the other side of the car. Dongwoo gasped at the sight of the bleeding L. The friend he hadn’t see for so long.

“Let’s get him inside.” Hoya said and Dongwoo nodded. “We’ll take it from here.” Hoya shoved Sungyeol away as he pulled L carefully out of the car. They brought him into the dining room.

“Not there!” Sunggyu said, “In here.” He opened motioned to a room by the hallway and they brought him inside. “Woohyun, I’ll need warm water.”

“Understand.” Woohyun answered and rushed into the kitchen. He can’t help but noticed a lost looking Sungyeol at the door. His shirt was red in blood and his face was smeared with blood that was also probably L’s. His long slender fingers were shaking in fear and there were tears in his eyes.

“Yeol…” L called suddenly. “Where’s Sung… Yeol…”

Sungyeol’s head snapped up at the call. “I’m here.” He rushed next to L. “Let me be with him, please.” He begged and Sunggyu nodded. He closed the door behind him as Woohyun put the warm water on the table, leaving only Sunggyu, Sungyeol and L inside the room.

L was on a bed or specifically a hospital bed. In the room were machines often found in hospitals and drawers of medicines with first aid kits lined at one side. Again Sunggyu make miracles happen with the things he can put his hands on.

“You should sit down,” Sunggyu said, taking out a bandage from one of the drawers. “I’m just going to clean his wounds and patch it.”

“I want to be helpful.” The older looked at him a second and let out a soft sigh.

“Take his shirt of and clean his would. Gently.”

Sungyeol nodded. He took the scissors from Sunggyu’s hand and cut of L’s shirt. Ever so slowly, he wiped the blood off of from his chest and stomach, careful not to give unnecessary force on the bruises at the younger’s body.

L gritted his teeth, kept his eyes on the ceiling. “Sungyeol…” He called weakly.

“Yes?”

“Stay.”

“I’m not going anywhere.” He said and met eyes with Sunggyu.

“Sit him up.”

L held on to Sungyeol’s shoulders as Sunggyu wrapped the bandage around his stomach and chest. “You need to keep it down a few days.” Sunggyu said when he was done. “And make sure he eats these.” Sunggyu pushed a few package of medicine to Sungyeol.

The door opened and the three anxious people that had been waiting from the outside appeared. They let out a long sigh of relieve to see the faintly smiling L.

“When you’re well enough, we’ll talk about Sungjong and what happened. And you… “ Sunggyu looked straight at Sungyeol. “Explain everything to us.”

 

“Start.” Dongwoo said as soon as everyone had gathered in the living room. Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun and Hoya were sitting on the couches while a pale looking Sungyeol sat at the chair in front of them. He knew his position and the damages he’d done and that he was in no position to defend himself.

Sungyeol knew all they want to know was the reason he did what he did and why make such an effort on his own when they decided long ago that working in a team is the basic rule.

“Why did you do it?” Woohyun asked, voice softer than Dongwoo.

“Because I had to protect Myungsoo.” Sungyeol finally blurt out. “You know his uncle would go to the bottom of the earth to find him if he could. We’ve been together in like, what, 6 months and not once, not even once Myungsoo ever calm down. He keeps saying if anything were to happen to the team, it would be his fault.”

“Where does Gunwoo fit in this?”

Sungyeol looked up, surprised to hear the name Gunwoo.

“We know everything about him and the organization.” Woohyun added as if knowing what Sungyeol was thinking. “We know you were from there too.”

“I was. I was raised there. When I reached 21 years old, I decided to leave but it was on one condition. I have to kill Myungsoo’s uncle. They told me he was the one behind the killing of my parents.”

“That’s why you were in the agency. You failed.”

Sungyeol nodded. “I found out about Myungsoo. I know I can use him against his uncle but everything turned out so unexpectedly. The prison break and meeting everyone. So I had to delay my mission and stayed here.”

Sungyeol turned to the faces in front of him, contemplating if he should continue. “But then somehow Gunwoo got in touch with me and said if I didn’t bring Myungsoo to him, he’ll attack us and use Myungsoo against his uncle. I know Gunwoo, he’ll kill us even if the mission succeeded. So I had to do it.”

“Why didn’t you leave any clue?”

“I was going to bring him back! But I underestimated Gunwoo. When I tried to escape, I found out about Sungjong and that Sunggyu hyung was captured.” He said, motioning to Sunggyu who had been silent for a while. “And it became the case where I can’t undo back what I did.”

“What made you change your mind?”

“There will be the final and real meeting with the agency the day after tomorrow. Gunwoo is supposed to give Myungsoo back to the Agency. But the real objective is to invade the agency and kill Myungsoo, his uncle and everyone in it. Which I think, by now includes…”

“Sungjong and Seyong.” Sunggyu finally spoke.

“Gunwoo wanted to top the black society. I couldn’t let that happen but I know I can’t stop him alone. I can’t let Myungsoo live in that hell again” He glanced at the room where Myungsoo was resting before he looking back at the four pair of eyes watching him.

“Calling for your help was my last straw.” Sungyeol finally said, obviously tired of everything.

The atmosphere went quiet after that. Nobody said a thing.

“At least they’re back.” Hoya said suddenly. Dongwoo nodded. “As much as I hate to say this, I miss having noisy people around.”

“It’s been quiet here lately.” Dongwoo snickered.

“It hasn’t been calm either but… welcome back.” Woohyun offered a hand to Sungyeol that he gladly took. He exchanged hug with the taller guy and Dongwoo and Hoya followed after.

The only one left was Sunggyu who was watching the youngers. Sunggyu had faced too many betrayals that he was scared to trust anybody anymore.

“If you leave again… I swear I’ll kill you.” He said and Sungyeol hugged him.

“I won’t. We’re not going anywhere anymore.”

 


a/n : sorry again for the late update. but the chap this time is longer than i used to post. the story is nearning the end btw. just a few chaps more. comments and subscribe please~~