chap27

Killing Game

 

 

Sungyeol stood by the car as Insoo accompanied Gunwoo to the representative from the agency. He was ordered to stay there by Gunwoo because Gunwoo knew Sungyeol would hate to meet anyone from that place. And Insoo just smirked at him before following Gunwoo.

Sungyeol eyed the talking man. He never saw him before. Maybe someone new or maybe he just didn’t get to meet him in his brief one night in the agency five months ago. But Sungyeol didn’t like him one bit. He had that same aura everyone from the agency gave. A really bad aura that just gets to you and make you uncomfortable. And Sungyeol knew giving Myungsoo to people like that was probably a decision he’s going to regret later on in his life.

He saw Gunwoo saying something and then the man gave Gunwoo a briefcase. Money. Or maybe important documents. Sungyeol knew Gunwoo wanted all sort of information regarding himself or anyone related with him disappear from the agency. And thus, the reason they’re going to sell L at the first place. Sungyeol laid his eyes on his feet. Infinite wouldn’t like this, he thought.

But suddenly, the whispers of the two weren’t heard anymore and Sungyeol looked up to see Gunwoo glaring at the opposite man.

“Did you bring anyone?”His hoarse voice broke the silence and Sungyeol froze. He looked around to where Gunwoo was looking and saw something at the top of the building opposite. Someone was watching them. Why didn’t he notice it before?

“We have company,” Insoo alerted. “Let’s end this meeting.”

“I told you not to bring anyone!” Gunwoo’s voice was rough and full of anger as he fisted the man suddenly by the collar.

“It’s not ours.”

“Then who’s is it?”

“I’ll… I’ll go check.” Sungyeol said and without waiting for any order or reply, he had run into the direction of the building. Sungyeol had a bad hunch who it was stalking them.  And just as he was about to run up the steps, he bumped into that someone.

Seyong. And followed closely behind was Sungjong.

“What are you guys doing here?” Sungyeol knew he was in no position to ask that.

“Us? What are you doing with the enemy? Where’s Myungsoo hyung?” The younger went towards Sungyeol and grabbed his wrist. “Are you… hiding something from us?”

“You have to go now. Both of you.”

“Where’s L hyung?” Sungjong stood grounded, hand firm around Sungyeol’s wrist.

“I got a feeling they were your friends…” Suddenly from behind Insoo appeared.

“They’re not my friend.” Sungyeol pushed Sungjong away roughly and he stumbled back.

“Prove it then. Shoot them.”

Sungjong’s eyes widened in shock. He dug his hand in his pocket, his own gun. Ready for anything.

“They’re not here for us. Just let them go.” Sungyeol tried to reason. “They won’t tell anyone.”

“Says who?” snarled Insoo.

Before Sungyeol could act any faster Insoo had taken his gun out and pointed it to Sungjong’s head.

“You know how accurate I can be. Right, Sungyeol?” He smirked. “And with this distance, I don’t think I’ll miss his head.”

“They’re kids, Insoo!”

“People from the agency are never kids I thought I told you that before. Didn’t you learn that before you began lingering around Kim Myungsoo?  Around these people?” Insoo smirked. “You really did change.”

“Killing them would just make the other angry.”

“So you want to kill everyone at once and only you and Kim Myungsoo survive this? You should think that before selling him.”

“You what?” Sungjong’s eyes widened in shock. “You sold him?”

“Not yet. About to. How about if you do it instead, you’re the best shooter I know.” Insoo gave his gun to Sungyeol and the other stared at it a moment before taking it. He ran his gaze to Sungjong and Seyong stood frozen in front of him.

“I hope you understand. I have to do this.” He said and aimed the gun straight to Sungjong’s head.

 

-- --

 

“We lost them!” Woohyun yelled, puling the earpiece from his ears after all he heard was statics. “I can’t locate them. I think they’ve been found.” 

“Let me.” Woohyun stood up and let Sunggyu took his place. The older began running his fingers over the keyboard as Dongwoo, Woohyun and Hoya waited behind.

“!” Sunggyu finally slammed his fist on the keys. “I can’t get through!”

“I’ll prepare the guns.” Dongwoo said, he knew it was time he put his good guns to use. Woohyun and Hoya followed him but then Woohyun stopped when he noticed Sunggyu still sitting on the chair.

“Sunggyu hyung?”

But Sunggyu didn’t answer him. Instead he put both hands up like someone surrendering themselves and slowly turned to the other three waiting for an answer. “Woohyun…” He gulped down his saliva and Woohyun saw the red laser beam on his forehead. “We’ve been found.”

And in no time soldiers barged in their house, all with guns in hands. Hoya eyed Dongwoo and the latter shook his head, telling Hoya not to make any move. With that amount, even with the experienced combat of the four of them combined could not win them.

“Put the guns down,” A voice from behind the soldiers hollered and they slowly make way for the man to walk through. And the minute Dongwoo caught sight of him he felt his heard thumping quickly against his chest. The leader of the agency, the agency’s establisher whom he had not met for a long time; Myungsoo’s uncle.

“Take their guns,” he ordered and a few of his men took the guns from them and pushed the tables full of guns far from the four. Then he eyed them one by one until his eyes stopped at Dongwoo.

“Nice to meet you, Dongwoo.” He smirked and Dongwoo tried not to look away from that smile. He didn’t want to be seen as a slave still scared of his master. But the obvious expression on his face that even Hoya could see was fear. And Hoya felt his heart clenched as the man then walked to him. He gritted his teeth and fisted his fingers.

“Lee Howon if I’m not mistaken.”

“You killed my sister.”

He chuckled. “That’s where you got it wrong. I didn’t. My men did.”

“You ordered them to!”

“I usually do but in the case of your sister, Lee Haeri, it was just a case of collateral damages. My men killed her because she saw the killing. She was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time.”

“Wha-“

“You can ask Dongwoo here if you want to know more.”

 “Why him?”

“He’s the one that killed your sister.”

And Hoya felt his breath caught in his lungs. He turned to Dongwoo, asking for some explanation for himself or anything to prove that it wasn’t true.

“I’m sure Dongwoo won’t remember. He was young, maybe around fourteen years old or something. Lee Haeri just happens to see his colleague die and Dongwoo had no choice but to kill her.”

“You’re lying!” Hoya yelled and grabbed Dongwoo’s shoulder, shaking him harshly. “Tell me you didn’t kill her, hyung!”

“I…I don’t know. I can’t remember. I’m sorry.”

“You can’t? You have to!!!” the other boy screamed and shook him again but Woohyun grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back.

“Pull yourself together, Hoya!” He yelled.

“What do you want?” Sunggyu asked, seeing the man had gotten to his dongsaengs. “We don’t have L right now.”

“That’s not a problem. I’ll own him soon enough. But I’m here to offer you something.”

Hoya stopped struggling against Woohyun’s hold and turned to Sunggyu. Woohyun saw the leader glancing at them before turning back to the man in front.

“I don’t want any offer.”

“We could use man like you in the agency.”

“I said I don’t want any offer.”

“You better think that again,” he said and grabbed one of his men’s gun, pointing it to Sunggyu. “You don’t want to end up like your family do you?”

Sunggyu clenched his fist. “Don’t talk about my family. You don’t deserve to talk about the people you killed!”

“I killed them?” he smirked. “Wait a minute I thought I warned you of what will happen if you didn’t join me but did you listen? NO!! No you didn’t!” He looked almost as mad and then his aim of gun moved away from Sunggyu and to the one next to him, Woohyun.

“And you don’t want the same thing to happen to your new family, do you?”

Sunggyu stood in front of Woohyun. “Don’t you dare.”

“I wouldn’t even think twice to shoot all three of them as long as I can have you in my agency. So think carefully, Kim Sunggyu. What do you want?”

He turned to Woohyun and looked down at his feet.  Then Sunggyu bit his lip glaring at the army in the house through hooded eyes before turning back to Woohyun. He grabbed the latter’s shoulder.

Woohyun looked down to search his eyes and for a split second he saw them. Sunggyu’s going to go. “Hyung, don’t.” he said, taking a step away from Sunggyu.

“I’ll get away,” He whispered.

But Woohyun just shook his head. “How?”

Sunggyu pulled him in his hug. “Trust me.”

“You can’t go. Not now after all those years.” He said back.

“Do you trust me, Woohyun?”

Silence.

“Do you trust me?” he asked again and finally felt the younger nodding at his shoulder. “So you should believe that I’ll be back.”

“Just… Make sure you’re in one piece,” Woohyun spoke softly. “Or I’m going to kill you myself.”

Sunggyu laughed it off and patted his back lovely. “Don’t worry. And-“ he said eyeing Dongwoo and Hoya.  “Take care of those two.”

 

comments are loved~~~