chap28

Killing Game

 

 

“I hope you understand. I have to do this.”

Sungjong closed his eyes and for a second everything about his life played out in his mind like a movie. He didn’t remember anything about his parents so most of them were his life in the agency and his short 5 months freedom life with Infinite.

“Which one is my room, hyung?” he asked Sunggyu from the door, dragging his small luggage behind him. It hadn’t been a month since his agency escape so his clothes weren’t many compared with the others.

“Second room to the left.” he heard the oldest yelled from the car.

Sungjong took a step in and examined the house. It’s bigger and looked furnished. There was a theatre set in the living room with sofas and a glass table in the middle. The dinner table was big enough for the seven of them and there were pictures of fruits and sceneries on the wall. On the first impression, it looked exactly like a normal home.

Sungjong walked to one of the pictures and tilted it to the side, revealing a small box steel in the wall, maybe enough to put two or three guns. Normal, huh? He said to himself.

“Found your room yet?” A voice behind him surprised the youngest and he turned swiftly to see Myungsoo smiling at him. Sungjong quickly nodded and left  when he saw Sungyeol entering the door just right behind. 

Sungjong threw his bag on the bed and some other things before heading out. But at the same time he had to go pass Sungyeol’s room. And he halted when he heard Sungyeol talking to someone through the half-closed door.

“Yes. I’m at the new house. No, don’t come. I know how to handle this. I said don’t come. I’ll bring him soon enough.”

Sungjong quickly left the place when he heard Sungyeol ended the call. He helped Woohyun carried his things in like nothing happened and he never told anyone the phone conversation that he heard. For what reason he didn’t know.

“Since when?” Sungjong asked. Sungyeol lowered his gun, confused at the question. “Since when were you a traitor.”

“Since the beginning.” Insoo cut in. “He was never on your side to begin with.”

“Then what are we to you?” Sungjong gritted his teeth, seethed with anger. “We trusted you. I trusted you!”

Sungyeol blinked once before suddenly lugged forward and grabbed Sungjong’s collar. “You don’t talk about trust with me! You’re a traitor yourself! You think I don’t know?”

Seyong turned to Sungjong. “What?”

Sungyeol smirked and released him. “Fix back what you did wrong. Go.”

“Huh?”

“I said go!”

“What are you-“ before Insoo could act any further Sungyeol punched him in the stomach and he doubled up on the floor. Sungjong and Seyong quickly run away. Insoo stood up and was about to chased after the two but when they disappeared behind some buildings, he turned back to Sungyeol.

“Gunwoo’s not going to like this.”

-- --

“Stay in here.” Insoo pushed Sungyeol in roughly. “He’ll come in a few minutes.” He smirked before leaving the room. Sungyeol heard the door locked from the outside. He knew Gunwoo’s probably going to beat the sense out of him for letting Sungjong and Seyong go. But he couldn’t possibly let the two die. They’re too young.

He turned to the bed where Myungsoo was sleeping. His eyes trailed the sleeping figure and at how bony he looked. The plate on the side table was still like the last time he put it there.  Myungsoo wouldn’t eat anything. He glanced at the cup. At least it was half full.

Sungyeol walked to the bed and sat down on it. It creaked at the extra weight he exerted. A hand went out to the younger but it froze midair. He was hesitating. Pushing the feeling aside, he put his hand on the younger’s shoulder and shook it.

Myungsoo, still half dazed and drowsy looked up and instantly retreated back, almost falling at the other side of the bed before Sungyeol grabbed his arm. “Careful!”

“Let me go!” he shoved the other’s hand away violently and the chains clanked at the action. Myungsoo had his eyes down, not even glancing at Sungyeol. He looked like a mess. Just a few days before the younger looked at his best, happy and hugging him, talking and conversing with everyone like there was nothing wrong in this world.

But where he is now and his condition that instant showed Sungyeol how he can destroy Myungsoo and his life. How he had lost his trust.

“You haven’t been eating.”

“…”

“Eat, Myungsoo or you’re going to be sick.”

He saw L gritting his teeth. “You think I’m not sick now!” He barked. “You people wants to kill me. There’s probably poison in there.”

“I don’t want to kill you. And there’s no poison.” Sungyeol replied calmly. He took the plate and a spoonful of rice. “Eat, you’re hungry.”

But Myungsoo only shook his head. So Sungyeol took a bite first and another before taking another one spoon and pushing it towards Myungsoo. “I ate them and I’m still alive. If I put poison in them, I’d probably be dying by now.”

Myungsoo hesitated but he swallowed what Sungyeol gave nevertheless. After about five or six bites, Sungyeol could swear he saw the differences on Myungsoo. Like he gained back his skin colour or something. As he was about to take another spoon for Myungsoo, the plate accidently fell from his hand and onto the bed.

“Aishh…” he yelled, annoyed at himself.

Sungyeol panicked but then he heard something. A small laugh. He looked up and saw a little but very distinct smile on Myungsoo’s face. His eyes almost disappeared from the laugh and the small dimple by the left cheek of Myungsoo appeared.  And Sungyeol stood frozen on the floor. 

Myungsoo looked up and drained the smile. But unexpectedly, Sungyeol grabbed both his upper arms and lunged forward, taking him in a strong hug. Myungsoo felt his back hurting at the touch. Felt like his bones were going to break for the lack of action for the past few days. But Sungyeol’s touch felt so good and warm.

“Yeol-“

And without warning, Sungyeol crashed their lips together. It was hard and desperate. But the hand flaking behind Myungsoo’s waist made him weak and he fell faintly against the touch. Sungyeol pushed his tongue into Myungsoo’s mouth- warm and eager and Myungsoo buried his hand in Sungyeol’s hair.

“Yeol,” he called, voice breaking.

But suddenly the door opened and Gunwoo and Insoo walked in. Myungsoo felt Sungyeol’s gripping his hand strongly but his face clearly showed worry.

“What are you doing?” Gunwoo’s voice was low but full of warning. He took a step towards them and Sungyeol quickly stood up, pulling Myungsoo behind him. Myungsoo placed his palm against Sungyeol’a back, hiding behind the taller figure. Not because he was scared. More to the reason he was going to back him up if anything happens. Chains can’t stop him from protecting the people he loves.

Gunwoo narrowed his eyes at the act. “Don’t defy me, Sungyeol. Move away.” And Sungyeol noticed the syringe in his hand. He looked up and stared back. No.

Gunwoo clicked his tongue and leaned in to Sungyeol’s ear. “Move away or the next time I promise you it won’t be just sleeping drugs in this. This is my last warning.”

Sungyeol swallowed his saliva and let Myungsoo go. He moved away from the bed and Gunwoo smirk a thank you before grabbing Myungsoo’s arm.

“What the- Yeol! Sungyeol, help!” But Sungyeol didn’t even look. He closed his eyes.