chap04

Killing Game

 

(Woohyun POV)

I waited outside the door of Sungyeol’s ward, contemplating on my next action. The guilt was killing me. I was the cause of Sungyeol and Myungsoo lying on the hospital bed. I gave Dongwoo Myungsoo’s address even though I know he would use it to help Hoya find the ing killer that murdered his sister. I helped my other friend by sacrificing another.

But I never intended on making any of them hurt. Because I knew, even if I gave them Myungsoo, the guys can’t get him. Myungsoo was the best with guns. He could kill someone in cold-blood. Except I didn’t know he caught cold and was suffering from fever for a few days already.

His body was weak, making him vulnerable to the guys from the agency and his uncle. It was like giving the rabbit to the fox. He was kidnapped. But another thing happened, Sungyeol found out where he was hidden and instead offered to take the beating for him. That’s where everything started making no sense.

If they were the people from the agency, they would never accept Sungyeol. All they want was Myungsoo. But they let Myungsoo go and take Sungyeol instead. And the next day, Sungyeol was back and alive, drenched in blood that wasn’t his. I started to get a feeling that Dongwoo hyung and Hoya was working with someone else besides the agency. But who?

I was about to turn the knob when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned and saw that it was Sunggyu hyung. “Don’t do anything stupid, Woohyun,” he said.

“You said you’re sick of the lies.  I am too. I don’t want to foster more distrust between us, hyung. They should know what I did.”

“I’m tired of lying to them but I never said I want you to dig your own grave. I helped you to help Dongwoo because I don’t want you going to Dongwoo’s side. That’ll hurt you more, seeing him with Hoya. Just let it go and concentrate on helping Myungsoo get away from his ing uncle.”

Sunggyu hyung’s grip on my shoulder tightened as a reassurance. He walked passed me and opened the door. “Feeling better, Sungyeol?”

 

(Sungyeol POV)

Myungsoo tapped his chin with the end of his index finger and turned his gaze towards me. He squinted at me and pouted. I surreptitiously smiled. He’s quite cute for a cold blooded assassin. Then he sneezed, his nose scrunched up as he brushed the air in front of his face.

“Bless you,” I said. He smiled. We turned towards the door when Sunggyu hyung walked in. Woohyun hyung followed him silently from behind.

“Feeling better, Sungyeol?” he asked. I smiled and nodded. “Better than him that is,” I pointed my chin to Myungsoo. Woohyun hyung and Sunggyu hyung smiled. They were used to me and Myungsoo having our constant bickering.

“Anyway, where’s Dongwoo and Hoya hyung?”

“They... have their mission. They’ll be back soon.” Sunggyu hyung answered. I noticed Woohyun hyung looking down on the floor at the mention of them. I looked at Myungsoo who was also looking at Woohyun hyung. He must be thinking about the two like me. Except that he didn’t know what I knew.

I knew Hoya and Dongwoo hyung sold Myungsoo to the agency.

“Where’s Sungjong?” I asked about the magnae in our group.

“He said he’s going to visit Hoya and Dongwoo. I told him we need to stay together considering the attacks on you guys and he offered to talk to them. That just made my jobs easier, right Woohyun?”

Woohyun nodded blankly. “Yeah.”

 

(Sungjong POV)

I didn’t know if I heard it wrong or Hoya hyung and Dongwoo were fighting. Like literally, fight. Fist to fist and knife to knife. I reached the house this afternoon, put in the password on the door that not many knew besides me and the other hyungs and then found them in the practice room, one on top of another and leaving punches on each other.

I didn’t bother to stop them, instead, I took Dongwoo hyung’s ice cream from the fridge (he’s going to kill me later) and sat back as I watched the scene in interest. They wouldn’t kill each other so I wasn’t worried at all. After about an hour or so, they finally stopped, panting and gasping for air on the floor. Dongwoo hyung looked five years older as he slept on the floor with Hoya hyung lying on top of his shoulder.

I put the ice cream away and walked to them.

“Aww... Aren’t you two cute...” I said.

Hoya hyung even had the energy to kick my leg but I jumped my way out of it. I sat next to Dongwoo hyung and fanned my hands over his face to keep him cool.

“Had fun watching us, punk?” Dongwoo hyung asked. I thought he was sleeping.

“Sunggyu hyung said to come back. L hyung and Sungyeol hyung was attacked and he was worried if we’ll be more vulnerable if we split up.”

Dongwoo hyung opened his eyes and looked at me. “Are they okay?”

“They’re okay. Back to the usual Myungyeol.”

“You’re jealous?” Hoya hyung mocked.

I didn’t answer him instead I pulled Dongwoo hyung’s hand and he moved, making Hoya hyung’s head to hit the wooden floor with a thud. Dongwoo hyung laughed and instinctively put his arms around me when Hoya hyung tried to attack.

“You’re jealous?” I asked back.

He eyed me with his eagle eyes and I swear I felt like a prey. Dongwoo hyung sensed this and removed his hands from me and pulled Hoya hyung’s head back on his shoulder. I hid my laugh as I left the place, not before reminding them about Sunggyu hyung’s order.

“Come back, okay?”