chap 33

Killing Game

“Hyung!” Woohyun yelled. He had been following Sunggyu to places for the last five hours and the older couldn’t even spare a minute to tell him what happened. Woohyun finally had it and reached for Sunggyu’s wrist when they passed an alley. He slammed Sunggyu to the wall, pushing the guilty feeling to the back of his head when Sunggyu’s face scrunched at the force.

“Tell me, everything!” he demanded.

“You won’t believe me. Everything was planned from the start, Woohyun. Every single thing.”

“What is?” Woohyun let him go.

Sunggyu took a deep breath. “The day we saved them from the Agency, it was planned. I did think it was too easy then but I let it go, assuring myself the Agency had problems with security even if they had been maintaining all the prisoners there for the last 50 years.” he leaned against the wall.

“How do you know these things?”

“There are parts of my life I haven’t been telling the truth about to you.”

“What?”

“I own the Agency. L’s uncle killed my family and the building falls to me. I decided to let it go, I mean I lost everything because of that damn building and I don’t want anything to do with it.”

“But then Myungsoo’s call came…”

“Yea.” Sunggyu nodded. He remembered arguing with Woohyun on not saving them from the Agency. He thought he’d put that dark part of his life back. “And now we’re back to square one.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Woohyun asked, hurt inevitable.

“I lost everyone. You’re the last person I’d want to keep alive even if it cost my life. You’re a friend then, a company that reminds me I’m human and that seeking for revenge wasn’t a choice.”

“That’s stupid,” Woohyun muttered. “You’ve forgotten what I’m capable of.”

“I don’t. Which is the more reason to not tell you. Anyway, L’s uncle wanted me to sign him the Agency and even keep me in it. So he used Sungjong.”

“Sungjong? Our Sungjong? Wait, he’s a traitor?!!”

“Was. He saved me yesterday. With Seyong. And now we need to save him back.”

“How?”

“The places we went? I left clues to the informants where the others can find us. They’ll understand. But for now, we wait. I’ve booked motels. We’ll stay there tonight, okay?”

Woohyun nodded. He’d forgotten how Sunggyu’s always in charge of everything. He always had that feel of having to be responsible for everything. Which is the more reason he loves him. He took Sunggyu’s hand and the other looked back at him.

Woohyun leaned in and kissed Sunggyu briefly on the lips. “Don’t keep anymore secrets from me okay?” his hands made their way to Sunggyu’s waist as Sunggyu slowly backed against the wall. Woohyun leaned in again and felt Sunggyu’s soft lips against his. He had missed those lips.

His lips moved to Sunggyu’s cheek, leaving trails of kisses down to the crook of his neck. Sunggyu turned his head to the side, eyes closed tight and mouth opened. He hitched when Woohyun the skin of his neck, leaving a small red blush on it.

“I love you,” Woohyun whispered at Sunggyu’s ear. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too.” Sunggyu replied.

-- --

It was around afternoon when Woohyun was in the shower and Sunggyu was laying around on the bed when he got the call from a trusted acquaintance. Sunggyu sat up straight on the side of the bed. The sleepy look that was on his face quickly changed to a serious one as his brows knitted and his grip on his phone tightened.

“You sure about this?”

Woohyun entered from the shower into the room, hair still drenched and locks sticking to his face and neck. He glanced at Sunggyu absorbed in his conversation before grabbing his shirt and pants before putting them on.

“Yes, yes I know. Thank you for informing.” Sunggyu ended the call and tossed his phone on the bed. He turned to the other boy in the room who was staring at him, as if waiting for Sunggyu to start a story. “We got a lead. Someone was trying to find us.”

“Who?” Woohyun would have guessed Dongwoo or Hoya but the look on Sunggyu’s face clearly stated otherwise.

“No, it was Sungyeol. And he left a message through one of the informants in Jeolla-do.”

“What do you mean?”

“Mount Fuji.”

What does that mean?”

“It’s a code Sungyeol created with me just for fun. It means… he’s in danger and he needs our help.”

Woohyun’s eyes widened. “What? Is that all he left you?”

Sunggyu nodded. “We have to find him,” Sunggyu quickly suggested. “The problem is, I don’t know how to contact him.”

“Maybe we can,” Woohyun suddenly said. He grabbed his laptop and typed in some keyword before something came out on the screen. It reads ‘Conference to be head at Jeolla-do City hall’.

“This was yesterday and look at who the honourable guests are, the agency. Maybe they’re planning something. I mean, since when does the agency ever do this kind of event, right? It’s on Saturday, at noon. We should check it out at least.”

“But we’re outnumbered.”

“Since when was that a problem?”

-- --

Hoya had been standing by the window for the last hour, observing the patients and visitors down at the lawn, spending time together. Once in a while when he saw something weird, his hand would tense and the gun he had been holding would be ready in case something happen.

He pulled the curtain close and the room was now dark but the small exit sign above the door. He turned to the only bed in the room. Dongwoo was lying unconscious. His Dongwoo. He had brought a bleeding Dongwoo into the hospital in his hands, tears running uncontrollably down his cheeks and sweat drenching his shirt mixed with Dongwoo’s blood.

The doctor had left saying he shouldn’t be worry. The concussion wasn’t so severe so Dongwoo would wake up soon. Aside from that was a fractured ankle. But the older still wouldn’t move a budge and Hoya was getting worried.

A sound inside the room broke his thought and Hoya looked around but he didn’t see anyone else but him and Dongwoo.

“Hoya…” came the weak voice of Dongwoo. He pulled the mask away from his mouth. “Hoya…”

“Hyung! I’m here, hyung!” he ran to Dongwoo’s side. “You’re okay?”

“What happened?”

“You were in a car accident, remember?” he took Dongwoo’s hand and smiled when the other turned to him.

“Did you get hurt too?” Dongwoo asked back.

“No, hyung. Not a scratch. You should be worried about yourself,  not me.”

The doctor came in and checked on Dongwoo, assuring Hoya that Dongwoo would be able to leave the day after tomorrow. He left soon after and Hoya locked the door behind him.

“Why?” Dongwoo asked, catching the action. “Is someone here?”

“No. just being careful. Look, I haven’t told Woohyun, he must be worried.”

“Why didn’t you tell him?”

“He have too much in his hands I don’t want to trouble him. But yesterday I went back and the house was empty. Dead empty. Not anything. But this.” he took out a small folded paper and gave it to Dongwoo.

Dongwoo took one look at the paper and his eyes went wide. “Isn’t this… Sunggyu hyung’s handwriting?”

“Exactly.”

“ But how did he get away?”

-- --

Far away from anyone, in the basement of an abandoned building, two figures lay asleep on the brick beds. The two were separated by iron bars and one of them had his arm broke while the other was suffering from a fractured ankle.

“How you doing?” Sungjong’s voice echoed in the basement. The place reeks of sewage smell and rats were everywhere. Not mentioning the damp and water dripping from the walls, neither Sungjong nor Seyong had any decent sleep for the past days.

“I'll live,” came Seyong’s voice from the other cage.

Silence.

“I’m sorry for your injuries but I did warned you not to follow me.”

“Sunggyu hyung’s my hyung too. Not only yours. I just hope he reached the house safe. He’s our only hope now.” Seyong let out a long sigh.

“Yea. Well, I have no plans to come back. They won’t accept me back anyway. Not after what I did.”

“They will.”

“How do you know?”

“I’ve only been here a few weeks but the bond between the seven of you. I don’t know how to say it but it’s like you were all meant to be or something. You guys want to stop this kind of business and I’m pretty sure teamwork is the only way. Look, I’m saying this from experience, assassins don’t do teamwork you see. And the seven of you managed not to kill each other yet.”

Sungjong smiled. “You know, you’re not that bad after all.”

“Whoever said I was.” he laughed.

The sound of a distant footsteps silent the two and light flowed in into the basement when the door was opened, revealing two silhouettes. They  unlocked the door to Sungjong’s cage and yanked him by the arms forcefully.

“Let me go!” Sungjong thrashed as they pulled him out through the door. “Let me go!!”

“Where are you taking him?” Seyong stood up, running to Sungjong and tried to grab his hand but got kicked instead. “Sungjong, I’ll save you!” he screamed just before the door was slammed closed. He said so but he doesn’t have a clue how.

 

a/n : hey guys i've missed you!! i've been updating this story a lot!!! please comment so i can send virtual kisses to you guys!!