chap24

Killing Game

 

“Hyung, wake up come on!” Hoya was half begging, half ordering at Dongwoo. For the past half an hour he had been trying to wake Dongwoo up but the older just kept turning away and shushing him. This time he even pulled the comforter over his head.

Hoya let out a long exasperated sigh and yanked it from him. “Come on!”

“Alright alright.” Dongwoo whined, finally getting away from the bed, grabbing a spare towel and entering the shower. Hoya let out a long sigh of relief and decided to grab something. Perhaps Sungjong had made breakfast, he thinks. But once he was in the hallway Hoya stopped abruptly. He looked around.

It was quiet. Too quiet.

He went to Sungjong and Seyong’s shared room and found both of them still sleeping on the bed. The TV was on and snacks and plates and drinks were all over the floor. Teenagers, Hoya muttered to himself.

He closed the door back.

Then he went to the next room, Sungyeol and Myungsoo’s. But the occupants were not there.

Deciding to ask Sunggyu about Sungyeol and Myungsoo, Hoya dashed into his shared room with Woohyun and almost stumbled over his feet when he saw the positions of the both of them on the bed. Sunggyu was sleeping. So was Woohyun but the latter had his arms over Sunggyu’s head, hiding the leader’s face in his chest. Sunggyu’s arms were around Woohyun’s waist and Hoya couldn’t miss that both of them had their shirts off. The pieces of clothing were lying scattered on the floor.

Woohyun turned when he felt the presence of a third person in the room. He had been awake for almost half an hour but didn’t have the heart to spoil the sleep of his Sunggyu. He decided to just lay around until the leader wake up by himself. “Hoya? What are you- Never mind, what time is it?”

“It’s…” His eyes travelled to Sunggyu who stirred in his sleep before his head popped out from between Woohyun’s arms. His caramel hair dishevelled and all over the place. “It’s-It’s nine.”

“Woohyun, why didn’t you wake me…” Sunggyu said and softly pushed Woohyun’s hand away from him, getting off quickly from the bed. “We have a lot of work to do.”

“I’ll go wake the others,” Hoya offered, more to himself than anything. He didn’t want to stay in the room longer than necessary. It was starting to get awkward.

-- --

[Hoya’s POV]

I waited alone in the living room for the others to come. I loaded and unloaded my gun. How long had it been since this gun was used? Not that I want to use it. But it just feels weird. Living in that sort of life for more than five years and then drastically changing that trend after Infinite barged into his life. It’s not bad actually. It’s good and it’s… a warm kind of feeling.

“Hyung,” Came Sungjong’s voice. I raised my head to see him, wrapping himself in mattress and hair a mess. “Wha- Where’s everyone? I thought I’m late.”

“Everyone’s late. I’m the only early one. You could still make a quick bathe. Go now,”

“Lazy,” Sungjong muttered, barely audible before sitting beside me, suddenly hooking his hand around my arm and leaning against my shoulder. “Wake me when everyone’s here,” he said, quickly falling back into a deep slumber.

 

“We’re moving? To where?” I asked to Woohyun hyung who was apparently, cooking. He raised his shoulder, taking a sip of his curry. I turned to the magnae line next. All three by the dining room table, all having their heads bobbing up and down sleepily after I had pulled and forced them out from their beds.

“Where’s Sunggyu hyung? He said there’s going to be a meeting. I’m sleepy,” said Sungyeol with his chin planted on the table. I couldn’t help but noticed Sungyeol had been vary hyper lately. Not that he wasn’t the first time we met. Just that he’s more opened up compared to our first week in the house. He used to just stick with Myungsoo.

“Me too,” came the voice of our magnae. “Ah! I’m just gonna sleep in my room. Wake me up when everybody’s here,” he said, standing up and dragging his feet back to the hallway when he bumped into someone and fell back on his , yelling in the process.

“Ouch! That hurts!” he whimpered and we burst out laughing.

“Dongwoo, I told you to watch where you walk!” said Sunggyu hyung, appearing from behind the hallway. “Go sit there,” He pushed Dongwoo hyung to where I was and helped Sungjong to his feet.

Once we were all sitting at the dining table, Sunggyu hyung ordered us to eat breakfast. Woohyun hyung delightfully, like a mother I never had, handed each of us a bowl of his curry. We ate silently but I can’t help but noticed that everyone’s face was free of concerns. I never  observed their expressions but really, it almost looked like we were at out happiest place in the world, together.

“We’re going to move out of here.” Sunggyu hyung started, handing his empty bowl to Woohyun for more curry.  It really looked like he was enjoying it.

“To where?” asked Myungsoo and the rest of us nodded.

“I have a house, nearer to the city. So it’ll be easier for us to do anything. The house is not yet complete with security but I’ve asked the help of some of my connections and they’re setting up all the surveillances as we are talking. So we’ll move out tomorrow. Tonight, pack your things because we’ll be leaving first thing in the morning.”

“Rooms?” I asked.

Sunggyu hyung laughed. “It’s big. So no room sharing,” with his answer came the loud cheers of everybody.

“Yes! I don’t need to share room with Gyu hyung anymore!” Woohyun hyung exclaimed, his voice the loudest of all.

“I  dare you to say that again!”

“Not sharing room with hyung is the best thing of all,” He repeated, raising his eyebrows at the older.

Our laughs got louder when Sunggyu hyung began chasing Woohyun hyung down the hallway. There was a sudden loud crash and I knew another vase was broken. Well, no need cleaning that up. We’ll be moving out anyway.

“Is this how family’s like?” I heard Sungjong asked Dongwoo hyung and I noticed the latter looked surprised at the question. He leaned back a while and his eyes caught mine. I nodded. I’ve heard about Sungjong’s story and how he got into the agency.

For years I had been whining for not having any parents but after listening to his story from Myungsoo, I guess I had a better life than him. Being sold by your parents was probably the worst of the worst.

Dongwoo smiled and hooked his arm around Sungjong’s neck. “Yep, this is family.”

“Make way! Make way!” Seyong’s voice brought me back to reality and I realized everybody was there.

“Sungjong, wake up. Everybody’s here,” I called softly and the boy quickly sat up properly. He brushed his eyes. “No it’s not. Sungyeol hyung and Myungsoo hyung are not here,” he whined, leaning back to lie back against me.

“They’re not here?” Woohyun hyung asked and I noticed Sungjong opening his eyes back.

“I checked their room just now. They didn’t go home last night, apparently.” said Dongwoo hyung sitting by Sunggyu hyung’s side. “I wonder where they went.”

“Sungyeol and Myungsoo hyung are not here?” Sungjong asked and I nodded.

“So what now, hyung?” asked Woohyun and I noticed Dongwoo hyung looking back and forth between the two. Probably a little puzzled with the sudden conversation.

"Gunwoo's doing the meeting today so I guess we'll have to do without them."

"Where do you think they go?" 

"I don't know Hoya. But I'm sure they'll be alright. They're together afterall right?"

 

 

sorry for the late update and the meaningless chapter..