chap19

Killing Game

 

[Nobody’s POV]

It was a pretty decent journey to say the least. It had been a while since any of them had gone anywhere far from home or away on missions together. Sungjong almost thought it was a family vacation. Woohyun was behind the wheels while Sunggyu was beside him. Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Seyong were sitting at the back while Hoya, Sungjong and Dongwoo were in the middle seat with Dongwoo in between.

It was exactly the arrangements of seating on the first time they met.

It brought back some memories to Dongwoo. But there was something wrong with the atmosphere and everybody noticed it. The two people at the foremost front weren’t speaking to each other. Woohyun was focusing on driving with Sunggyu just stared at the road outside, trying hard not to meet anybody’s gaze.

Dongwoo knew there were something wrong with them but he thought it would be better at the end of the week. But until now, Woohyun and Sunggyu hadn’t been speaking at all. He turned when he felt someone tapping his shoulder from behind.

Sungyeol raised his brows and motioned to the hyungs with his chin. Dongwoo shrugged. He didn’t know what exactly happen. But he knew it happened on the night Woohyun left the house, which was when the solemn atmosphere seemed to be starting. And as hard as he tried to think of something, Dongwoo always ended up with the conclusion he was at fault.

Dongwoo knew of their fight and how Sunggyu ended up with the few broken ribs. Nobody told him, he figured it out himself. First there was the weird and out of place behaviours of Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong.

They keep trying to avoid being questioned every time he asked about Sunggyu’s injury. And so Dongwoo reckoned he was somehow involved.

Then there were the stains on the window of Myungsoo’s car. It was usually brought when rains poured to a plastic surface and didn’t dry completely and finally became dark grey stains. And it hadn’t been raining except that one evening when Sungyeol and Myungsoo left for their backpacking trip. Exactly a day after he was shot during the mission.

So the car was last used that evening and since Sunggyu and Sungjong couldn’t drive, Woohyun was the only person who could be using it and going somewhere.

And finally he heard Myungsoo and Sungyeol whispering in the kitchen one night. He heard bits of Woohyun leaving and Sunggyu being drugged.

And pulling the pieces together, Dongwoo knew Woohyun left to see him when he found out he was injured. Sunggyu had objected and somehow he was drugged and abducted and beaten till half dead. Dongwoo nodded unconsciously. People should realized by now. He only acted stupid but he was really a genius.

“You’re day dreaming,” Hoya said and turned to the view outside. Dongwoo chuckled. He leaned on his seat and closed his eyes. Maybe he’ll ask them later or after the mission. His head hurts from trying to break the codes and all he wanted was a day off without any missions on his back.

-- --

“Hey, we’re here,” He felt someone bumped his chair and turned his head slightly to see Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Seyong waiting for him to move. Sungjong helped to take his things as Hoya pulled some bags to make way for the people on the backseat to move.

Sunggyu stepped out and looked at the new house they will be staying. It was big and American-styled. It didn’t have a fence or a gate but the distance from the neighbour’s house was wide so I could at least bring them some privacy.

“Hyung, I’ll take your things okay?” He heard Myungsoo yelled.

“No need.” He pulled his bags from Myungsoo and smiled. “I’m okay. It doesn’t hurt much now,” he answered reassuringly. Myungsoo looked stunned a while before nodded at his reply.

“Who have the keys?” Sungyeol yelled from the front door of the house. He threw his bags on the ground exasperatingly. “My arms hurt!”

“Quit whining!” Hoya yelled back and threw the keys to him before Sungyeol caught it midair. After successfully opening the door of the house, Sungyeol ran in and picked the biggest room considering he had to spend at least a few days there. Sungyeol was always concern with where he was sleeping and also where Myungsoo was sleeping.

“Sungyeol, the biggest room is ours!” Woohyun heard Sunggyu yelled as the oldest walked in the house. Woohyun switched off the engine of the car and took his own things in his hands. Ours?

“Ours?” Hoya and Myungsoo repeated.

“Oh right! Since there are only four rooms and eight of us.” He heard Seyong mumbled. “We’re sharing a room together then Sungjong!” Seyong nudged Sungjong on the waist.

Woohyun froze on his steps. Then that leaves him and Sunggyu.

When Myungsoo went in he saw Sungyeol in one of the four rooms, sleeping. Beside him, on the side of the bed was Sunggyu trying to push the younger away. “Stop faking sleep. This is my room.” He emphasized the word my.

“But... But...”

“Myungsoo please talk some sense into him. I’m tired.” Sunggyu pleaded. Myungsoo laughed. He went in and joined Sungyeol on the bed. Sungyeol was excited to have Myungsoo on his side and resolved on hugging the younger around the waist and pulled him closer.

“You guys...” Sunggyu shook his head. “...are unbelievable.”

“I saw Woohyun hyung in the room next to this room.” He heard Myungsoo muttered. Sunggyu was about to answer when he continued. “Dongwoo and Hoya hyung are sharing a room. Sungjong with Seyong. Me and Sungyeol. So that leaves you two.”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes at his two dongsaengs but admitted his defeat. Carefully but hesitantly, Sunggyu made his way to the room far most back, the room where he would be staying with Woohyun. He saw Woohyun unpacking his things in the room and went in, avoiding Woohyun’s gaze at the same time as he threw his bags on the floor.

Woohyun saw Sunggyu coming in at the corner of his eyes but busied himself with his clothes. The last time they actually sleep in a room together was in Sunggyu’s house a few months back. During that time it was all friendship and nothing more. They spent almost every night snuggled up together and sometimes hands sprawling to certain areas during their sleep. Good times.

Woohyun shook his head to throw the memories away. There was no coming back to that time now. He folded some things and threw some other essential things on the bed to take a quick shower. He peeked at Sunggyu and saw the older still busy unpacking.

Sunggyu was trying to separate his comfortable clothes and mission attire when he felt a tingling sensation at the back of his neck like he was being watched. So he raised his head and almost immediately was stunned when his eyes met with Woohyun’s.

There was silent suddenly. Sunggyu didn’t look away, neither did Woohyun. And the room was all of a sudden drowned in darkness when the sun outside hid between some dark clouds, warning of an incoming rain.

Woohyun opened his mouth to say something. One week of not talking with Sunggyu was killing him.

“Hyung! Do you have extra towels?” Woohyun was startled when Sungjong suddenly appeared on the door. He looked away when Sunggyu did.

“Here,” Sunggyu threw an extra pair of towel to Sungjong who skipped his way to Sunggyu on the floor. He thanked the older just as he saw Woohyun disappearing into the shower.

-- --

When Woohyun finally got out of his shower he saw Sunggyu sleeping soundly on the bed. He was hugging a towel between his arms, probably waiting for Woohyun to finish. Woohyun went to his side and reached out to woke the older but hesitated a while.

Maybe he should just let him sleep.

Suddenly, Sunggyu flinched and woke out from his sleep, turning to Woohyun behind him.

“The... shower’s empty,” he managed.

 

-- --

 

“How do you think they’re doing?” Hoya yelled from shower.

Dongwoo stopped buttoning his pyjamas and turned to the shower. He had taken his bath before Hoya and was waiting for Sunggyu to inform any meetings that night. “Who?”

“Sunggyu hyung and Woohyun hyung of course.”

“I don’t know. I just hoped they sort it out. It’s killing me.”

Hoya hummed in understanding.

After a few minutes Dongwoo got bored and decided to check on his guns. He crawled on the bed and began piling his guns in front of him. Dongwoo loves guns. He was never good with knives and those related stuff, different from Sunggyu and Woohyun. Hoya, Myungsoo and Sungjong preferred fighting with their hands while Sungyeol shared his same passion.

Talk about Sungyeol. Dongwoo almost got the shock of his life at how good he was with guns. The first time he saw the choding took an aim, it was an almost perfect shot. And every other training after that, Sungyeol always perfected his score on the bullseye. Dongwoo almost thought of him as a rival.

And until now, he never knew how Sungyeol got that good. If only he wasn’t that choding, his perfect shot would look so cool. Maybe as cool as Myungsoo.

Dongwoo took his favourite Colt and kissed it. The Colt had been with him since the Agency days and maybe even saved him a few beatings from the general. He put his fingers on the trigger and took an aim. With one eye slightly smaller than the other, Dongwoo focused the tip to the shower door in front, leaning on the pillow behind him to support his posture.

Just as Hoya emerged at the door.

The younger was surprised when he saw the Colt aimed straight at his chest. “What the... hyung!” He screamed instinctively.

Dongwoo looked over and realized he was aiming at Hoya and resolved on moving it away when he accidently pulled the trigger and a shot rang through the air.

“Hoya!” Dongwoo screamed.