chap25

Killing Game

 

“Get ready. We’re meeting the representative from the agency today to talk about the exchange,” Insoo informed from the door. 

Sungyeol immediately looked up at him. “I thought we’re not going to give Myungsoo until next week?” He sounded almost surprised. “You told me that yesterday.”

“It’s just a minor meeting. Nothing big. Just to make sure we both get what we want. And you’ll get your freedom. If that’s what you want to know.”

Sungyeol snarled at the answer and Insoo disappeared from the door. He finally let out a long sight and fished out his phone from his pocket when he felt it vibrated yet again noticing him of another incoming call. Sungyeol stared at the screen until the call ended.

23 missed calls from Sunggyu. He let out a small chuckle and turned back to Myungsoo sleeping on the bed. The younger had refused to eat anything for two days now. And Myungsoo started to look skinnier, like the first time they met.

“Stupid.” Sungyeol cursed under his breath. “They’re worried about you so eat.”

 

-- --

Sungyeol kept quiet throughout the journey to where the meeting place was. He was at the backseat with Gunwoo and Insoo behind the wheels. Keeping his eyes to the forest outside, Sungyeol tried to ignore the gaze he know Gunwoo was giving when he suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder.

He didn’t turn. “What?”

“Stay with me.”

He could almost feel Insoo giving curious glances from the front seat. Sungyeol knew Insoo wanted to be Gunwoo’s right hand man since forever but even Sungyeol himself didn’t know why Gunwoo had kept the place only for him for months now. He never wanted to be in the gang. It was just a momentary place for him to get revenge and he thought if he did what they told him to do, which is kidnap Myungsoo months ago, everything would settle and he can move to America and live a new life.

That was until Myungsoo decided to be a nice friend to him. Which ruins the whole plan.

“No thanks.” he finally answered.

“I need you,” Gunwoo said and his hand slipped down Sungyeol’s arm before taking Sungyeol’s hand in his. Sungyeol turned at the sudden affection but he froze when Gunwoo’s other hand caressed his face before pulling him in by the neck, closing the space between their faces. Sungyeol eyes widened in shock when he felt the other boy’s lips on his.

Taken aback at the action, Sungyeol pushed him harshly by the shoulder and Gunwoo was sent back to the door opposite, a loud thud forming from Sungyeol’s thoughtless action to his boss. Insoo slammed the brake shut, got out of the car, opened the door to Sungyeol’s side and grabbed his collar, dragging Sungyeol into the street.

“How dare you do that to him!” he hollered.

Sungyeol saw his eyes and suddenly everything make sense. insoo’s feelings. Jealousy.

“You know what Insoo… “Sungyeol said, clenching both hands over Insoo’s and pushing him away. “You’re angry because I can do that to him and you can’t, right?”

“What are you talking about?” Sungyeol swore he heard the other boy tremble.

“You like him, you like Gunwoo don’t you? And you’re jealous of me!”

“Shut the !” He screamed and grabbed Sungyeol’s collar again. “Why are you here? Why did you come back? You should just stay with them!!!” He shook Sungyeol violently.

But suddenly Sungyeol felt a hand pulling him back and he was suddenly behind Gunwoo.

“In, both of you. We have a meeting to attend.”

-- --

Woohyun had been staring at Sunggyu since half an hour ago. Sure he was busy trying to sort Dongwoo’s guns but in the interval when he swapped guns with Dongwoo, Woohyun make sure to glance at Sunggyu sitting quietly at his computer, deep in his work.

“Eyes on the guns Woohyun,” Dongwoo’s voice startled him and he could only managed a small awkward smile.

“Sorry. Eyes on the guns now.” he replied.

“Who’s doing the monitoring?” Hoya asked from his room. He was trying to find his favourite knife although in that mission he was only doing the inside job.

“Me and Seyong. We’re going now.”

“Careful, guys! I want everyone to be back in one piece,” Sunggyu left his chair and went to the dongsaengs putting on their boots by the door. The other followed suit. It was like their traditions. Before going to mission they make sure to bid each other goodbyes usually. Who knows if they’re never going to meet again.

“I know hyung,” Sungjong replied but he was quickly taken aback when Sunggyu pulled in him for a hug. The older patted his back. “Take care of Seyong. He can be reckless, trust me I know.”

“I’m here by the way.” the said moped by Sungjong’s side.

“And you take care of Sungjong. We’ll talk about you revealing my secrets after, okay?”

Seyong’s eyes widened in shock and he grabbed Sungjong quickly. “We’ll be back tonight.” He heard Sungjong smirked once they were out of the house and he could only curse at that. He knew Sunggyu was sharp. But not this sharp.

-- --

“Is the earpieces working?”

Hoya nodded. “Yes. They’re onto the locations now. No signs of any vehicles yet so they are still waiting.”

“Good. Dongwoo how about the guns?”

“Ready when they need us.”

“Good. Woohyun? Are you able to contact them?”

“No. Sungyeol switched off his phone. And I can’t even track it.”

“That’s okay. I’ll help you later. Now we wait.” Sunggyu said, finally leaving his chair and heading to his room.

Woohyun saw Sunggyu’s hunched back just before he closed the door and glanced at Dongwoo and Hoya who sure didn’t notice it. He rose to his feet and joined Sunggyu.

“Hyung?” Woohyun called and saw Sunggyu on the bed. Eyes closed. Woohyun closed the door behind him and stared at that still body on the bed. He wasn’t sure if the other boy was sleeping or not. Maybe he’s tired. He never forget the fact that Sunggyu gets irritate easily when he’s tired.

Hesitating on to comfort the older or not Woohyun didn’t quite realize Sunggyu was awake and was staring at him. “Come here.” he called as if knowing Woohyun’s attention and the younger followed.

“Tired?”

“Slightly. I’m old you know.” Sunggyu answered, grasping Woohyun’s hand as the younger sat by his side.

Woohyun laughed. “No you’re not. The oldest maybe but never old.”

“How do you know?”

“I just do. Remember when we first met I called you ajeossi. Back then you looked tonnes older. Now, you kind of grown younger.”

“Stop lying.” Sunggyu said and slapped Woohyun’s hand away, turning to his side and pulling a pillow over his ear so Woohyun couldn’t say more. But the younger only find it more amusing and resulted on pulling the item away from him.

“What the-“ But Sunggyu was abruptly silenced when Woohyun seized both his hands and planted a kiss on his lips. Sunggyu’s shock face slowly turned into a smile before he suddenly laughed out loud.

“Why?” Woohyun felt his own stomach hurting as if Sunggyu’s laughs were contagious.

“I don’t know. It’s just funny.” Sunggyu said and rolled on the bed.

-- --

“Hoya, are they…” Dongwoo’s word trailed off just as another laughter erupted from the room where Sunggyu and Woohyun was.

Hoya nodded. “Yes, they are okay now. More than okay to tell you the truth.”

 

 

it went longer than expected tbh. but omg sungjong and seyong monitoring and yeol at the meeting place??? asdfghghj