chap32

Killing Game

Woohyun was woken up with the sound of something breaking from outside his room. He immediately sat up and looked around. Looked to the empty space beside him. He reached slowly underneath his pillow for the knife he always keeps safe around just in case. Taking the knife, Woohyun left the bed, creeping slowly to the door.

It was raining heavily outside. And the lightning made the room go bright and dark. He turned the know and pulled the door outwards at the same time keeping his back against the wall.

Couldn’t be Sungjong, he thinks. The boy said he was going out somewhere and Dongwoo and Hoya hadn’t returned home since. Then a name popped in his head.

Sunggyu.

He almost called out the hyung’s name when he knew better for Sunggyu to be able to escape the agency that easy. Woohyun made his way ever so slowly along the corridor and saw the only opened door. Sungyeol and Myungsoo’s shared room. The wind was blowing from inside the room, probably from an opened window and the door creaked open slowly.

A bleeding hand appeared on the knob. Woohyun’seyes traced the hand until a body appeared and a face, a familiar face covered in blood, rain and dirt.

“Woo…Hyun…” Sunggyu called.

Woohyun dropped the knife and ran to Sunggyu who collapsed on to the floor.

“Hyung!” He called and felt something fell down his eyes as he fell on his knees, trying to keep the older awake. Woohyun wiped the tears with his fist, frantically looking around for help. But he was alone. “Hyung, no, don’t close your eyes!” He screamed when Sunggyu’s hand went limp in his grip.

“Hyung!” he screamed when Sunggyu closed his eyes.

-- --

Woohyun paced around outside the room. He didn’t know how long it had been since he treated Sunggyu’s wound after the latter went unconscious. Woohyun was glad it wasn’t as serious as he thought and also silently thanking Sungjong for teaching him a thing or two about his field of knowledge. Now that he thinks about it, Sungjong and Seyong still hadn’t get back. Neither does Dongwoo and Hoya. Where is everyone?

Woohyun started at his watch, 10am. He couldn’t sleep since last night but now the sleepiness was unbearable. Woohyun opened the door and gazed at the unconscious Sunggyu. His arm was bandaged and so was his chest. Turns out all those blood was from knife slashes and though Sunggyu was fast in his own nature, the amount of men against him must be many for him to receive about almost ten of them.

He will have to change the bandages again but soon after Sunggyu wakes up, whenever that is. Woohyun’sgoing to wait. The hyung had left him only a few days but now he’s back and Woohyun’snot going to let him go again. He took Sunggyu’s hand gently and grazed the back of his hand with his thumb.

“Hyung…” Sunggyu opened his eye slowly at the touch. It felt warm. Warm and inviting than anything he ever felt before. His sight was hazy first. He saw two Woohyuns before they combined to one and Sunggyu smiled at the almost cried face of Nam Woohyun.

The younger threw a big hug over him, burying his face in Sunggyu’s neck.

“Sung… Sungjong. Where is him?” Sunggyu whispered in hoarse voice. He looked around, noticing that Woohyun was the only one there. “Where are the others?”

“They hadn’t come back. Sungjong too.” Woohyun answered, trying to help Sunggyu to sit.

“What? He helped me. He helped me escaped. Sungjong!” The leader’s face began to change. “He didn’t reach home yet?”

Woohyun shook his head. “Sungjong hadn’t been home since yesterday. Nobody’s home, hyung. I can’t contact them.”

“Dongwoo? Hoya?”

Woohyun shook his head again, keeping a mental note to tell Sunggyu what happened with the two as soon as the older had enough energy to listen to anything that is.

“Then my guess was true after all,” Sunggyu whispered but loud enough for Woohyun to hear. He began to leave the bed but Woohyun quickly stopped him, supporting Sunggyu at the same time when he stumbled under his weak legs. “We have to save him. We have to save Sungjong, Woohyun!”

“What are you saying, hyung?”

“I’ll tell you after this. For now, let’s gather all the people we could.”

__

 

 

[Myungsoo’s POV]

 

I don’t know what time it was or if it’s day or night. I’ve been put on sedatives too much I don’t think I can stand up properly. And even if I wanted to, I still couldn’t with these ropes around my wrists. They were tied so tight my skins were scarred and bleeding.

-- --

I thought I saw Sungyeol beside me, putting his palm against my cheek. But when I blinked, he wasn’t there. I closed my eyes again and then saw him, standing by the door, talking with someone who I couldn’t see. They look like they’re bickering. I saw Sungyeol grabbing the man’s collar and jerking him back before the door was slammed closed, leaving me alone again.

-- --

The next time I opened my eyes the binds around my wrists were gone. And instead of dirty blood or dust over them, my wrist were only full or red, dry rope marks and bruises. Almost as if someone had cleaned them for me while I was asleep.

-- --

Insoo came. He grabbed my collar and threw me onto the floor. I tried to stand still but my knees collapsed under the weight.

“I told you he’s hopeless.” He said to someone.

I saw another presence in the room and it was Sungyeol. He wasn’t looking at me but instead gritting his teeth at Insoo. Sungyeol pushed Insoo away when he neared me. He glared at the other before turning to me.

"What are you doing?" he screamed suddenly and I couldn't reply. I coudn't get his actions. He sold me and yet why was he protecting me? 

"I thought you said he's legendary?" Insoo chuckled. I saw Gunwoo laughing from behind. They think I'm some kind of joke.

"He was." was all Sungyeol said. "I made him into this." and his voice weakened. I could almost hear the regret. Then Gunwoo suddenly went to Sungyeol wrapping his arms around my boyfriend's waist. I wanted to kill him or whatever as long as he couldn't lay even a finger on Sungyeol but no matter how much I told myself to, my body failed to listen.

"You still have me," Gunwoo said.

Sungyeol shook his head and pushed Gunwoo away. He left the room, followed by everyone. 

-- --

I didn't know long it was since they came again but it was longer than usual. The only time the door was open was when they bring the tray for me to eat. Sungyeol didn't come since that last time. Not even once. I thought maybe he won't ever come again. That maybe this time he really left me there to be sold back to my uncle. I thought I hear his voice but then suddenly Sungyeol really burst through the door, face red and coming towards me. I couldn’t comprehend what was happening until he jerked me up by the front of my shirt roughly, shaking me like a ragdoll.

“Wake up, L! How long are you going to be this helpless?”

“Wha-“

Before I could continue, Sungyeol’s fist had connected with my stomach and I doubled up in pain on the bed. He grabbed my shirt again and this time his fist hit my left cheek. Causing me to fell back against the head of the bed. I glanced at Sungyeol and saw him staring at me, breaths heavy and eyes red.

I gritted my teeth and felt myself clenching my fingers to a ball. But then I unclenched them back again.

Can you understand that feeling? A sharp pain in your chest like you’ve been stabbed by something invisible except that it hurts more that any weapon could harm you? The feeling of being betrayed by someone you really love? The feeling of wanting to fight back but you knew you couldn’t?

And the thing that hurts the most wasn’t the stinging pain on my stomach or my cheek. It was the fact that Sungyeol had the heart to hit me like that.

Everything started making no sense. Does everything mean nothing to him? Even though it was only four months, did it all just an act to him?

“Get yourself prepared. The agency’s going to pick you up.” He said before finally leaving. I never saw him after that.

 

 

well well Sungyeol you heartless boyfriend -.- and what's Sunggyu's guess? ill let u guys guess lmao