chap16

Killing Game

 

Hoya always thought his sister matters the most in his life. She was his only family, his pillar, his source of strength, his everything. That is, until he met Dongwoo. Exactly a month after she was killed, Sunggyu contacted him to ask for his help.

In all honesty, Hoya didn’t know the hyung. Sunggyu only told him he got Hoya’s number from his acquaintances and Hoya didn’t question more when Sunggyu told him he had some information about the killer of his sister. But Hoya was never good with people. It was awkward at first when he met Sunggyu and Woohyun.

And on the same day really, he met with the other four (Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong). In a day, he got one team he could hang on to. But Hoya never forgot his course. While helping the team to destroy the agency, he was still investigating his sister’s case. Which also almost made them lost Sungyeol and Myungsoo. That had made him think twice about his choices. As much as he wanted to get the killer, Hoya didn’t want his friends to get hurt. He didn’t want the team to break apart.

A motion beside him made Hoya open his eyes. He was on his bed with one arm across Dongwoo’s chest. He peeked up at the older who yawned and turn his head slightly, but not showing any sign of waking up. Hoya had in fact woken up an hour ago. Being a light sleeper, Hoya always woke up earliest while Dongwoo, was the total opposite. It still amazed him sometimes how the older could sleep for hours until the sun was above their heads.

However that day, Hoya didn’t leave for his usual morning routine of practicing with his gun. He didn’t want to interrupt Dongwoo’s sleep and also because he felt comfortable with the older’s body beside his. He nuzzled closer, careful on not to touch his injured left shoulder before closing his eyes again.

Another small movement on the bed sent Hoya on alert. He felt Dongwoo’s right arm behind his neck moved and started to play with his hair and caressing his cheek. Hoya scrunched his eyebrows. The older’s awake? He opened his eyes and met with Dongwoo’s cow eyes. A smile spread on Dongwoo’s lips as he brushed his hand against Hoya’s temple.

Hoya smiled back and leaned in more.                                                                                                                          

He had forgotten about his sister. He had forgotten about his course. And it was all because of Dongwoo.

“Why are you still here? I thought you’re already dating with your guns.”

“I’m tending to a sick person.” He muttered. “Now sleep.” Hoya remarked before closing his eyes, falling asleep with the warm body next to him.

Dongwoo smiled again. He moved his right arm to a more comfortable position for Hoya to lean on and then kiss the younger’s forehead lightly before falling back into a deep slumber. With Hoya beside him, Dongwoo needs nothing.

-- --

It was noon when they woke up again. Hoya walked out of their room into the dining room with Dongwoo following closely behind. They hadn’t even taken their baths. Dongwoo laughed when he saw Sungyeol staring at them from the dining table. The toast in his hand untouched.

“Since when did Hoya hyung wake up as late as you?” he asked.

Hoya smirked. He took the toast from Sungyeol’s hand and munched on it before Sungyeol could respond. Dongwoo sat on the chair beside Hoya and ask Sungyeol to make his breakfast. Sungyeol grunted but obliged.

“Morning.” Myungsoo called out from the door of his room before joining the three. He looked no different from Hoya and Dongwoo. Scratch that, he was worse. His hair was tousled in an awkward fashion and his pyjama was out of place with the first two buttons wrongly put. Myungsoo’s eyes were barely opened and he had eye bags under them.

“Take care of him first before talking about me,” Hoya commented.

“At least we don’t stay snuggled in the same room last night.”The choding replied. Hoya almost choked on his toast. That was a knock-down. Sungyeol snickered. He knew he’d won.

Hoya always loses whenever he had an oral battle with Sungyeol. In fact, everybody did. The choding was just too great.

“Here,” Sungyeol distributed the toasts to everybody, including Myungsoo. He didn’t need to ask Sungyeol to make one for him. Sungyeol knew well enough how Myungsoo liked to eat. Sungjong joined a minute later. He too was in a messy state.

“Hyung, can you...”

“Arasso! Why is everybody like this today? Am I the only one bathed here?”

“Yes.” Myungsoo replied. When in fact, he know if he had slept in Sungyeol’s room last night, the boy would wake up as late as everybody. Myungsoo had intended to actually, but when he saw Sungyeol lay sprawled on his bed last night with no space for him to sleep, Myungsoo decided to sleep in his own room.

“How’s your shoulder, hyung?” Sungjong asked, motioning to Dongwoo’s shoulder with his chin, everybody turned to Dongwoo, waiting for an answer.

“It will heal,” he replied. “On the meantime, we should check on some documents Hoya and I got from our mission. We didn’t even have time to open it because of my injury so I thought we could do it together. There are a lot,”

“But Sunggyu hyung...” Sungyeol stated, turning to the direction of the living room. Sunggyu was sleeping soundly on the couch with a comforter up to his neck. His chest rose up and down in a stable pace, notifying everyone of his calm and undisturbed sleep. It hurt Sungyeol to see him like that.

He ran his gaze to the couch opposite where Woohyun was sleeping. He too was in a deep sleep. Sungyeol had woken up last night because he was thirsty and on his way to get a glass of water, Sungyeol saw Woohyun at Sunggyu’s side, fumbling with his comforter, trying to get it in places so the older was cosy.

He probably had woken up every few minutes to make sure the leader was doing alright because every few minutes, Sungyeol thought he heard the sound of the light switched on and off in his sleep. Woohyun must really felt that guilty to the leader.

Sungyeol turned back to the table to see everybody also staring at Sunggyu and Woohyun. Sungyeol laughed. He hated this. They’ve grown attached to each other to the paint they were worried of other’s health and condition. It was good for the team but being in this business for long, Sungyeol knew it could also be a bad thing.

“We have out two oldest hyungs hurt,” Myungsoo suddenly said, pulling everybody’s attention back to the table. “But I’m sure our two youngest dongsaengs will be okay.” He smiled at Sungjong. Each one of them laughed. Myungsoo know how to hit it just right.

The sound of something broke from Sungjong’s room startled everybody. It was a loud crash that even woke Sunggyu and Woohyun up.

“What’s that?” Woohyun sat straight on his couch. He searched the couch and let out a sigh of relief to see Sunggyu unharmed.

Meanwhile, Sungjong ran into his room, followed by his hyungs and saw Seyong on his bed with a shocked expression apparent on his face. The window by the side of his bed had broken to pieces with the shards of glasses scattering on Sungjong’s bed. If Sungjong was still seeping, he could have gotten hurt.

“What just happened?” Seyong yelled. “I thought this house was protected!”

Sungjong gulped down his saliva. Someone had intended to hurt him.

“It’s a warning,” Hoya said and bent down to pick a bullet on the floor. “They could have shoot-“He stopped. “Who’s this again?” he asked, turning to Dongwoo. The older srugged.

“Seyong. He’s Sunggyu hyung’s friend. He’s helping us.” Answered Myungsoo.

Hoya nodded. “Anyway, they could have shoot Seyong if they want to but they didn’t.”

“And they probably know Sunggyu hyung’s hurt. So this house was not well protected.” Said Sungyeol.

“Or...” Hoya continued, turning to Dongwoo. “They tracked me and Dongwoo since our faces were exposed in our last mission.”

“Are you sure it’s not because of me?” said Myungsoo. Everybody knew how his uncle would go to great length of getting him back to the agency.

Sungjong kept quiet as he listened to everybody making their own assumptions. He was pretty sure it was because of him.

 

I always think dongwoo's like an angel and a protector to hoya although the younger looks more reliable lol.. that's why this chapter turned out like this. anyway! comments apprieciated!