chap06

Killing Game

 

[Dongwoo’s POV]

Dinner that night was quiet. We sat at the dinner table with Sunggyu hyung as the head because he was the oldest. I was at his right and Woohyun at his left. Hoya was beside me and Sungyeol was right across Hoya with Myungsoo to his left. Sungjong was at Hoya’s right. Even as I bite my own steak, Hoya was playing with my leg right under the table.

I tried to eat nonchalantly so his activities went unnoticed but I knew everybody knew. Sunggyu hyung eyed me once in a while and Sungjong just snickered. Hoya knew they were watching, and listening but pretended to be anonymous. So I pretended to be anonymous. After the dinner ended, we stayed at the dinner table to discuss some things about our next mission.

“Are we going to separate again?” Sungjong asked and looked at Sunggyu hyung sitting at his chair, the boss’s chair. Sunggyu hyung nodded and pulled out a few papers from the piles on his table. To say the least, Sunggyu hyung was in charge of the paperwork. He spent most of his time in his office, digging through file and documents and his technologies. He was the best at it.

Sometimes Woohyun always helped him and they always ended up locked in the room for days. To tell the truth, I was quite surprised nothing happened between them all those time.

Sunggyu gave us all a file each and we skimmed through the pages, reading all the details and names and all the activities he recorded. As always, it was detailed to the core.

“But this time no one’s leaving the house. We’re too vulnerable that way. We’ll do our separate works but in the house, okay?” Sunggyu asked everyone. We nodded, it’s not like we can say no. I saw he gave a meaningful stare at Woohyun for a brief moment and Woohyun saw that. He ran his gaze back to the files. Something’s wrong with them, I knew it.

“We should transfer all our goods from the house, don’t you think hyung?” Hoya suddenly said.

“Yes. Dongwoo, can you transport all your goods into the house?” I nodded. I had left all the weapons in the workshop. Maybe Hoya and I can spend some time together there after the discussion.

“Good. I’m going to need some help with the computers. I need four men. Anyone?”

“I’ll help,” Myungsoo raised his hand.                                                                                              

“Me too,” Sungjong and Sungyeol said in unison.

“Woohyun?” Sunggyu asked.

“Sure.” He answered.

I looked at Hoya and he returned the gaze, a small smile playing at his lips. He had planned it all along. Damn! He’s smart.

-- --

[Nobody’s POV]

Sunggyu, Woohyun, L, Sungyeol and Sungjong walked into Sunggyu’s computer room and began taking their seats at the computers. Sunggyu began putting his codes in the main server to unlock all the computes. Nobody knew the codes, it was for safety precautions. He didn’t believe anyone. Well, anyone’s besides Woohyun that is.

It took almost four hours for them to finish everything. By the time Sunggyu said it’s a wrap, everyone collapsed on their own table. L laid his head on the keyboard and began sleeping. Sungyeol leaned on his chair, yawning a few times before falling asleep while Sungjong walked to his room for a short nap. He didn’t like to sleep anywhere else besides his bed.

Sunggyu felt proud his dongsaengs offered their help but felt a small guilt in his heart for putting them to the job. They were assassins; they worked best in field works and anything that involved muscles or sweats and pain. Not so much for sitting on a chair and only moving their fingers on the keyboard and exchanging information once in a while.

Sunggyu stretched his arms to the front and suddenly felt two hands on his shoulder. He turned to see a smiling Woohyun. Woohyun began massaging his shoulders with his strong fingers. Sunggyu let out small moans with the decent pains on his shoulders. It felt good and even better because it was Woohyun doing it.

“You shouldn’t strain yourself,” Woohyun suddenly said.

“Yea, and you shouldn’t have told them you helped Dongwoo. It could be worse if only L let didn’t let it pass. Sungyeol could kill you.” He said slowly so it wasn’t audible to the sleeping Sungyeol and L.

“I won’t let him. I know how to protect myself,” Woohyun replied.

Sunggyu took his hands and turned to face him by rotating his chair. He tried to find Woohyun’s eyes. He hated it when Woohyun had too much confident in himself. It could be useful but in this case, his confidence would only cost him his life. And Sunggyu didn’t want to lose him.

“Did Dongwoo said no, to you?” Woohyun was caught off guard with the question. He felt his heart snapped into two. How did Sunggyu knew all these things?

He chuckled. “What are you saying?”

“Your mood’s been off too much today. So did he?” Sunggyu held his hands tighter.

Woohyun bit his lower lip. Slowly, he nodded. Sunggyu stood up and pulled him into a hug. It was a comforting hug to make Woohyun feel better. Woohyun settled and wrapped his arms around Sunggyu and buried his face in the older’s shoulder. The pain in his heart was excruciating but he won’t cry. He never cries.

“It’s okay,” Sunggyu whispered to his ears gently. “I’m here.”

Woohyun nodded in his shoulder. Suddenly, Woohyun heard rustlings behind him and instinctively, he let go of Sunggyu. They turned to Sungyeol. He was waking up and he looked at them a while, dazed, before looking around the room. When he saw L sleeping at his table, Sungyeol pulled his chair to him and slept beside him. L flinched and opened his lids to see Sungyeol before casually putting his arm across Sungyeol’s back and pulling him close before continuing his sleep.

Woohyun and Sunggyu looked at them silently. Sunggyu was jealous of them really. While Woohyun felt a bit awkward. He didn’t know what to do. Sunggyu had always been a reliable hyung. Maybe because of that, he always thought of him that way. Maybe he should think more of him now.

-- --

When Sungjong went to his room to continue his sleep, Sungjong received a call from someone. He answered the call and spoke a few things before ending it. He sighed. He was just to take a nap but now he had to do something first. Sungjong walked back to Sunggyu’s computer room and saw Woohyun and Sunggyu hugging.

He hissed. He couldn’t do his job because they were awake. Looks like he need to do it later.