chap05

Killing Game

 

(Sunggyu POV)      

I didn’t know they came back because of my orders or Sungjong just did a great job of convincing them. Dongwoo and Hoya actually came back! They looked the same than the last time I saw them a month ago. Sungyeol and Myungsoo went out from their room to greet them and I saw the look Sungyeol was giving Hoya. Myungsoo, as always, looked clueless.

Woohyun went to Dongwoo first, wrapping the man in a tight hug while Hoya and I watched. We both knew about his feeling and Hoya gave me a curious look. When Woohyun finally let go Dongwoo went to give me a hug. Then Hoya. Sungjong was giggling as all these awkward situations occurred.

“So hyung,” Sungjong started. “I have an idea,’ He sat besides Myungsoo and everyone noticed the patting he gave on the elder’s knees. “Let’s go for a vacation,”

“Vacation?” Myungsoo turned at him.

I laughed. “I think Sungjong’s word of vacation means working because all we do during vacation was working and kicking the agency’s .”

“We found out this much, L’s uncle had been going out to Japan recently. I think its gun dealing stuff. He’d been gaining a lot of attention from dealers and also attention. His people... are increasing.” Hoya said.

“Is that all you got after went missing for a month?” Everyone turned to Sungyeol.

“What?” Hoya stood up and Dongwoo pulled his hand back. I didn’t miss the look on Woohyun’s face.

“You think I didn’t know? You sold L to the agency?”

“Hyung! What are you saying?”

“You didn’t know Sungjong? These men that we called hyung betrayed us. L got kidnapped at the first place because of them. I heard them talking when I got caught. I remember everything.”

I stood up to stand between the both of them. Myungsoo looked speechless. “Is this true?”

“Sit down, we’ll settle everything calmly like the men we are. Sungyeol, sit down!” I ordered. Sungyeol looked sharply at me and only budged when L pulled him back. Hoya sat back to the spot beside Dongwoo. For once, Woohyun didn’t say anything. Must be the guilt.

“Who’s going to start first?”

“I’ll say let Hoya hyung explain everything.”

“Hoya?”

“I didn’t sell him to the agency.”

“You ing did!”

“He didn’t do it alone,” Woohyun suddenly said. “I helped him.”

“Why would you do that?”

“Because I know L could kick their asses, except I didn’t know he got a terrible fever. Then you found him and gave yourself instead. I’m sorry,” Woohyun buried his face in his hands. I patted him on the back.

Everyone was sent silent at the confession.

“At least we’re alive so let’s get rid of that from my life dictionary. We should focus on my uncle instead.” Myungsoo finally said. I saw him taking Sungyeol’s hand firmly and giving it a tight squeeze. Sungjong looked away. This was more serious than I thought. In addition to having a problem with the agency we’re having internal feelings problems between ourselves. And that was harder to settle.

“The men told me something else,” I looked at Sungyeol.

“What?”

“He let me go because he has bigger plans. A game.”

“Game?”

“Kill the Infinite game. I don’t know what he meant but the title itself screamed killing us. So I think we should be careful. Maybe he’s playing with our minds or he really wanted to kill us, with L as an exception. His uncle wouldn’t lay a finger on him.”

“Was that supposed to make me feel better?” he nudged Sungyeol by the ribs, gaining a groan from him. I glanced at Woohyun, he was smiling. So were the rest of us.

-- --

(Dongwoo POV)

“That went well than I expected,” I threw my bag on the bed and looked at Hoya walking through the door behind me. He glanced at me before sitting at the edge of the bed, taking both my hands.

“I don’t think Sungyeol trust me anymore,” he said, looking a bit hurt.

“Because he cares about L a lot. He’ll get over it eventually.”

“I wonder how long it’ll take.”

“Sungyeol’s not the type to bear a grudge. He’s too choding to do that.”

“Says the man who knew him as long as I do.”

“No, I’m sure. Did I tell you about the day we fled the agency?”

“The day Sungyeol was supposed to be executed? Yes.”

“I didn’t tell you about his fight with Sungjong, over L.”

“It was four in the morning on the day we made the escape. I didn’t know where L went missing the night before. Sungjong was going crazy. He said because he worried if the plan failed the third time around but I think he’s just worried about L. When L did get back he said we have to take one more person, that’s Sungyeol. Well, we objected but you know how stubborn he gets so we agreed.”

“Did they fight?”

“Yes. Sungjong punched him on the face when L hurt his legs. But the next day he got over it.”

“So that’s why Sungjong was clinging on to you? Jeez, I thought you’re together or something.”

I laughed and elbowed him. “Jealous much!”

“Get your act together now that we’re here, you twit. Now I don’t have my privacy and I can’t do anything with people all around me,” Hoya said.

“I thought you love company?” I asked as I walked to the door to close it, grinning at him.

“I love company. I just don’t like people interrupting when I’m with you,” he raised his brows.

Slowly, I closed the door. “Well, the door’s closed,”

“Hyung?” I turned when I heard a voice behind me. Hoya looked over my shoulder.

“Woohyun...” I managed. Hoya stood up and walked out the door, passing me and Woohyun.

“I’ll leave you two alone.”

I let out a long sigh. We’re going to need a long talk after this. Woohyun looked back and forth between me and the leaving Hoya. “Was I interrupting?”

“No, Come in.” I led him in and closed the door behind me. When he turned towards me I noticed Woohyun looking at me from top to bottom.

“What?”

“You... changed,” He said. I laughed. I feel changed. My relationship with Hoya changed for the better and that was most probably changed me too. But suddenly Woohyun approached me and took my hands. “I missed you,”

I knew he was going to say that. I took my hands away from his grip and grabbed him by the shoulder instead. “I’m... Hoya... Hoya and I are together now.”

“When?”

“A few days ago. I’m sorry,”

“Oh, okay.” Woohyun let out an awkward chuckle before exiting the room. And I felt worse than ever. I lay on the bed and groaned. Life in the agency was easier than this. I looked up when I heard the door opened and closed again. Hoya raised his chin and I threw the pillow at him.

“Yah! So did you settle it out?”

“Just as you wanted, jerk!”