chap15

Killing Game

 

That night, while Sungyeol was sleeping in his room and Woohyun was tending to the sick Sunggyu, Myungsoo had come to Sungjong’s room. The youngest was caught off guard when he saw the older entering his compound. He couldn’t remember the last time they were actually alone.

“It’s been a while since we had some time together, don’t you think?” said Myungsoo. He sat on Sungjong’s bed while the younger was on his stomach, reading a comic on his bed.

Sungjong nodded. It was true. They always talked when they had free time at the agency but after that, hardly. Sungjong couldn’t blame anyone. He didn’t blame anyone. I was probably his own fault. When he saw Sungyeol and Myungsoo getting closer and closer every day, Sungjong stayed quiet and only let it happen.

“Did something happen between Woohyun hyung and Sunggyu hyung?”

Sungjong raised his shoulder. He didn’t know. Well, he knew something was off between those two but he didn’t know what. He still remembers his first encounter with the two when they left the agency. His thought they were brothers although they looked nothing alike.

They were so close and when they were spending time together, it almost looked like they enjoyed each other’s company. But soon he knew the funny story how they met and how they hate each other at first before becoming good friends. Even the closest friends had an unexpected history sometimes.

Sungjong knew of Sunggyu’s feelings for the other. He can totally relate to him. But at the same time, it was different in so many ways. Maybe that was the reason he was angry at the leader. It wasn’t fair that the leader’s story is the same with him but his ending wasn’t. Sunggyu could get Woohyun somehow but there was no way of him getting Myungsoo.

“Sungjong?” Myungsoo’s voice brought him back to reality. He didn’t realize he had drifted of that far. Myungsoo looked at him. He tilted his head and smirk. “You really hadn’t changed much.”

“Look who’s talking,” Sungjong retorted.

Myungsoo laughed. He liked when Sungjong rebelled against them. It was cute and pitiful at the same time. He realized that the youngest was slowly becoming an adult and maybe he’s more matured that Myungsoo thought he was.

The knock at the front door brought their attention to the living room. Myungsoo and Sungjong went out of the room just as Woohyun opened the door, revealing tired Dongwoo and Hoya at the threshold. Hoya was carrying their things. Everybody knew he must probably had insisted on carrying them since Dongwoo was hurt and Dongwoo at the same time was trying to help him from falling off with the amount of loads on his body.

“Careful, Hoya.” Dongwoo took the sling bag from his arm. He instantly gritted his teeth when he felt the muscle at his shoulder stretched.

“Let me get that,” Woohyun took the bag from Dongwoo while Myungsoo and Sungjong helped Hoya.

“Thanks,” Hoya muttered, exhausted obviously. He was about to throw himself on the couch when he saw Sunggyu unconscious with the blanket up to his neck and a wet cloth over his forehead. “What’s wrong with hyung?”

Sungjong and Woohyun exchanged glances. “He was attacked the day before and he’s down with fever.” Sungjong finally answered. “How’s your arm, Dongwoo hyung?” he tried to change the subject. It was uncomfortable talking about the incident since Woohyun was to blame. And he couldn’t actually say Woohyun left because he was worried about Dongwoo.

It would only make the situation more awkward.

Dongwoo laughed. He looked healthy enough to be laughing like that. “I’m okay. How did he get attacked?”

“He...” Sungjong hesitated.

“It was my fault.”

Everybody turned to Woohyun. Sungjong looked startled. “Hyung...”

“What do you mean?” Hoya asked, puzzled.

“I...”

“Dongwoo..?” A sudden voice from behind him stopped Woohyun mid-sentence. He turned to Sunggyu. The eldest’s eyes were open and he was looking around for Dongwoo. “Are you there?”

Dongwoo rushed to his side. “I’m okay. You should worry about yourself more, hyung. At least I’m up and standing.” Dongwoo held his hand.

“How’s your arm?” Sunggyu asked, coughing at the same time. He cringed suddenly when he felt the pain erupting from his chest. He curled up on the couch and was finding it hard to breathe. The end of his eyes was beginning to tear. Dongwoo quickly grabbed something to help the leader but Woohyun was faster.

In a second he was by Sunggyu’s side. Unconsciously pushing past Dongwoo on the process. Sunggyu thanked him as he took the soft pillow from Woohyun. Woohyun nodded and saw Sunggyu looking at him meaningfully. He raised his eyebrow in a confused look.

Sunggyu glanced at Hoya and Dongwoo. “You guys should sleep. It’s late.” It was more like an order. Everybody obliged and after a few minutes, the living room was quiet, leaving only Sunggyu and Woohyun in it.

Sunggyu made sure he heard three clicks from the hallway, indicating the doors to the room of his dongsaengs shut before deciding on talking with Woohyun. Woohyun was in the kitchen, getting his pills for him. When he saw the younger emerging from the hallway, Sunggyu tried to sit up but ended up hurting himself more.

“Hyung!” Woohyun shouted, louder than intended. “Careful, hyung. You were always careless, you know that?” He muttered annoyingly as he took the pills from the bottles. A small smile spread on Sunggyu’s lips. Woohyun was worried.

“Here,” Woohyun gave the pills to Sunggyu and a glass of water and Sunggyu swallowed them easily.

Woohyun then went to the kitchen to put the bottles back but when he reached the living room, he saw that Sunggyu still hadn’t sleep. He had wanted to ask him about the looks he was giving him before but decided he shouldn’t. Maybe it was nothing after all. He switched off the lights and the living room was engulfed with darkness.

“Woohyun?” He froze on his steps when he heard Sunggyu’s voice

“Hyung?”

“You shouldn’t tell everything to Dongwoo and Hoya.”Sunggyu said. “It wouldn’t be good for the team.”

Woohyun let out a soft sigh. “But it was my-“

“They don’t need to know that.”

“I’ll hate myself more if I keep it.”

“I don’t care.”

“...you don’t care about me anymore?”

“...sleep, Woohyun.”

-- --

 

It was 3am and Sungjong’s phone vibrated under his pillow. He flinched. Opening his eyes, Sungjong reached for the device and shut the alarm down. He walked to the door and opened it slightly, making sure no sound was heard. Not even the smallest creak from the door.

He turned back into his room when he heard a moan behind him. That scared him. He cursed under his breath when he realized it was only Seyong. After making sure the hallway was empty, Sungjong slipped out of his room and went to his targeted room, Sunggyu’s working room.

Fortunately, the room was at the end of the hallway. Which means Sungjong didn’t need to pass any room to reach the place. He walked carefully and slowly. Sungjong knew he was being very careful but there were probabilities of Sunggyu and Woohyun hearing him from the living room. They have senses of an animal. Sungjong reached the room in less than five seconds. Sungjong peeked in. Empty. Just as expected.

Usually at times like this the room was still occupied with busy Sunggyu but considering his current health, Sungjong didn’t think he’ll go anywhere near it. Anywhere from the couch actually. He slid in, took what needed and left.

 

okay.. i think i should focus on others too since it had been all sunggyu these couple of chapters. so, please look forward to it. 

comments are very, mighty much apprieciated!

author's note : ill be very busy these couple of days so maybe no updates tomorrow or the day after.. @@