chap02

Killing Game

 

(Sungjong POV)

I gasped when I saw Sungyeol hyung stumbled into the room in the arms of Myungsoo hyung. He was instantly unconscious and I felt a pang of jealousy when Myungsoo hyung panicked. Pushing the feeling aside, I ran to their side and helped him to carry Sungyeol hyung on his bed. Sunggyu hyung went to call the doctor while Woohyun hyung checked his pulse.

“He’s alive but weak,” he informed. Myungsoo hyung nodded with the information and touched Sungyeol hyung’s hand. He flinched back. “It’s cold.”

“He must be locked up somewhere but how did he get here? How did he know your ward?” I asked them. I was too impossible to happen. I was glad that he was back on our side but even so, how can he get here, alive, after giving himself up to the agency for Myungsoo hyung.

“Maybe he got away,” Myungsoo hyung answered but we both knew it was impossible to escape from the agency. We knew because we tried and succeed only after the third attempt. And only with the external help from Sunggyu hyung.

I ran my gaze to the doctor that just entered. He looked stunned to see a bloodied body on the bed. People would have thought that he was dead but Lee Sungyeol that we knew were strong and he’d escaped death the most than any of us. He checked his pulse.

“He’s breathing! I already checked. Just find out where he is bleeding!” Woohyun hyung yelled, being the impatient man he was.

“I think his ribs are broken but... I don’t see any big cuts and gashes to cause all this blood to gush out. I don’t think it’s his blood.”

“Then whose blood is it?”

The doctor shook his head. We exchanged glances except for Myungsoo hyung who was busy tending to Sungyeol hyung. It was getting more suspicious by the minute.

“Woohyun, come see me outside,” Sunggyu hyung suddenly said and walked out of the door. I glanced at them by the corner of my eyes when Woohyun hyung followed him a moment later. I turned back to Myungsoo hyung. He didn’t even realize that the two were missing. He was always like that when Sungyeol hyung was around.

 

-- --

 

(Sunggyu POV)

I saw Woohyun walking towards me and I immediately pulled him far from the room. A quick glance over my shoulder assured me that there was no one to hear our conversation.

“Sungyeol is back,” I said.

Woohyun looked around and glanced in the room. “What should we do?”

“I told you it’s a stupid thing to do Woohyun!” I yelled but only loud enough for us to hear. “I did warned you, right?”

“Maybe he won’t remember, like L.”

“That’s very likely but what if he remembers? I can’t protect you every time this happens, Woohyun-ah. Hoya and Dongwoo had been missing for days now and I don’t think they’re on our side anymore. Protecting Dongwoo only brings you nothing! He’s all for Hoya, don’t you get it?” I shot back. There was one thing I don’t get about the guy in front of me; he was always lending his hand to Dongwoo when we both knew Dongwoo was not our side.

And i hated that i always ended up helping him to do that.

“If the others knew this, they wouldn’t hesitate to put a gun in our mouth.” I added and exhaled slowly. I threw him a disappointed look and walked back to the room.

“Hyung...” Woohyun tried to grab my hand but I slapped it away.

“Just leave me alone.”