The Fated One

-Red Spring- [EXOPINK x BTSPINK]

CHAPTER XXI

[THIRD POV]

“LAY OPPA!!”

When Bomi shouted his name, the whole people look at her red face and some of them shocked covering their mouth with one hand.

“yes Bomi?” ,Lay smiled from ear-to-ear

“mm.. c-can you… p-pass the sauce to Chanyeol?”

“sure Bomi!!” he replied excitedly. And the whole table chuckled by her shy act. It was too cute even Baekhyun smiled. She felt so embarrassed that she wants to scoot out the room but her legs didn’t let her.

“You’re so cute Bomi! hehe I like you.” And now everyones eyes is on Lay. Bomi frozed. her eyes stick on her plates as she heard that statement.

“h-hyung…?” ,Kai whos beside Lay tried to ask for more explanation.

“what?? You all like her personality too right? If not why she’s still here alive? Heheh” ,and the others including Bomi let out a big sigh. They all thought Lay were confessing lol.

 

Breakfast time is over, Bomi and The others, except the IT Team, are now at the Meeting Room to discus about the hints. Hours passed by quickly yet there’s no light in this discussion.

“hmm… its more complicated with only one hints. We have no choice but to gain another hints fast so we can solved this more easily” , D.O the brain stated. Indeed they are not making any progress. Suddenly Lay spoke from the In-Ears.

“guys, we’re gonna take a quick stop at nearby island to refuel. So make sure if we have enough food stock and other necessity.”

And with that they split up, D.O and Chanyeol to the pantry, Chen and Suho to the infirmary lab, SeKai to the weapons storage, that left Baekhyun and Bomi in the room.

“do you have something to buy?” ,Baekhyun calmly asked while he’s tidying up the meeting room.

“mm, Im not sure. I haven’t check anything since we depart. I’ll check it now.” Bomi then walk towards the door slowly since she haven’t fully recovered. “WOAH!” ,Baekhyun suddenly carried her.

“we’ll arrived at the Island first when you finally reach your room. Its faster this way so don’t complain.”

And off they go~ During their trip to Bomi’s room she tried to break the silence by asking what she failed to asked back at the kitchen.

“mmm…”

“you look like you had something important to tell since yesterday. You better spill it now while we’re alone.” ,Baekhyun who noticed Bomi’s behavior talk first to reassure her.

“actually... Ive been wondering since back at the mansion’s incident, you looked like… know that Special Force guy really well. Was he your acquaintance ?” ,he stopped for a milisec and continued walking with his calm expression.

“why do u want to know?”

“well… cuz im curious how could a member of Brutal Thiefs just casually ‘say hi!’ to his enemy in a middle of a battle?”

“haha… that’s funny… but such an irony too.” He chuckled. “past cannot be changed anyway so yeah… ill tell you if you want to know”

“but if you don’t wanna im ok too. But I couldn’t help but always felt suspicious of you…”

“no, I’ll tell you… he’s…. my childhood friends. Our family are also bestfriend. but… we’re not in good terms now. more like, he hates me…. For leaving him alone when he needed me the most.” ,Bomi couldn’t understand yet, but she’s thingking that they have a sweet-sour relationship or actually like her and Mino. “do you want to hear a tragic story?” he asked, and Bomi nods.

“well… I was 10 back then, and Jungkook, he’s….. 5 or 6 maybe? We met at some party that my father held.”

“you’re 5 years apart? Wow.”

“since our parents are a very close business partner, we kinda always met and ended up hang-out together. More after, He and I then went to a military academy school together, although we have different class or level we always stay together, we dreamt about being the greatest duo in the Special Forces. He’s like my own brother, after…. “ ,He turned to look a bit more gloomy. And then continue,

“…I finally have to forced myself out from the academy and left him. That’s because I’ve got letter that my family were attacked by I dunno who, but I assume some another big company who played dirty by backstabbing my father so we ended up bankrupt and my dad gone through some depression till he… suicide.” ,Bomi then gasped in silence, she kind of felt bad asking him.

“im sorry to hear that.”

“don’t have to, its in the past…though I do regretted the fact I left Jungkook like that.”

“so you mean…. You didn’t contact him for what happen to your fam??”

“no… I haven’t. cuz im too depressed.”

“but aren’t Jungkook a little too much for saying you’re ruining his famiy when you’re actually the one whos… in that position too?”

“actualy…. I tried to search who’s the one that did this to my family. And I found out through some evidence that leads to… Jungkook’s dad.”

“don’t tell me…. You…” ,Bomi look at him with hesitates, Baekhyun peek to see her reaction. And he sighed while continue,

“ whatever in your head might be true. But I didn’t do it directly.”

“but WHY? Evidence could be falsified, maybe it was-“

“I was… triggered by anger and revenge back then. I managed to destroy his fathers company by stealing all of his money. I left nothing. Like literally nothing…. And his whole family were soon assassinated by those underdogs who took this chance.”

“oh my goodness… so he’s the only one left huh?” ,Bomi carefuly make a comment. “..but Baek, could it be the one who’s backstabbing your father and the underdogs that assassinated Jungkook’s family… are actually the same person?”

“I thought so too, but there’re no more evidence. I can’t dig more to find out the truth. And im already jumped to the fire so… making up with Jungkook would be…”

“useless huh? Since you can’t proof it either. So Jungkook… he’s still thought that you’re the main reason of his fam being assassinated when you’re also the victims.” ,Baekhyun then chuckled.

“heh… you’re sharp.”

Soon they arrived at Bomi’s room and Baekhyun even went in to make sure she didn’t have to struggle opening the door and walk again. Baekhyun was about to walk off,

“Baekhyun..” ,He glance back to Bomi, “….Thankyou. for the ride and… the story”

“consider this as also me apologizing to you” ,Bomi slanted his head. Confused by his statement. Cuz she didn’t really understand what he did wrong. But Baekhyun just chuckeld. He left the room and Bomi hanging.

 

At the corridor….

[Baekhyun POV]

“consider this as also me apologizing to you” ,with that I left her room. She looks confused, cute. It make me chuckled. Not even 5 steps since I left the room,

“you told her everything, huh?”

I glance to the left corridor and saw Chen leaning against the wall. This bastard is eaves dropping like seriously?

“what kind of people that eaves-dropping for almost 10 minutes long?” ,I mocked him while my hands crossed.

“hmm… a Thief?”

“bastard.” ,I shake my head and we both chuckled while walking along the corridor.

“you also apologized. Good. You’re becoming more like the normal Baekhyun that I knew. Though you normally weird but yeah, this is more like you”

“and do you really think you’re the normal one?”

“hey…at least I’m sane enough to be the doctor in this ship”

“you’re right. Lets go to the pantry. Im itchy to slap Chanyeol’s head.”

“suddenly?! Hahaha”

“well, im the one whos originally want to go to the pantry with D.O but that just sneaked out and left me alone with Bomi.”

“but its good right?? You two are more honest now thnks to Chanyeol?”

“yep. That’s why imma slap his head with a ‘thankyou’ slap”

“haha, then imma help you one.”

They both laugh together after all this time and walk to the pantry without Chanyeol even noticing what will he get.