What's her name?

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

Yuri was holding on to the steering wheel while she continued on laughing while driving. Her jaw was getting tired and her belly ached from suppressing her laughter. She giggled endlessly while right next to her in the passenger seat, her short friend was pulling white specks of rice and strips of nori from the strands of her hair.

"Yah. Yuri-ah, if you hold your laugh like that, air has to come on the other end. Don't you dare fart on me." Taeyeon sneered while deeply annoyed at the sticky rice lodged in her locks.

Yuri composed herself and wiped a tear from her eye. "What exactly happened Taengoo? How'd you end up with kimbap pieces all over your head in a rock fm station? Is that a new trend now?"

"Aish. Haha. Laugh all you want now Yuri-ah...anyway, my new manager is the culprit... I tell you Yuri-ah! I'm gonna go crazy! Really crazy! Pfft...adores BoA like a religion! spills soda everywhere! obnoxious...prideful... just slammed kimbap on my hair and left me at the radio station. I was humiliated in front of the PD. OoooH! I can't wait to get myself some revenge on her!"

"Sounds like someone I know.." Yuri jested which earned a glare from the hallyu star from the passenger seat. Yuri only held her laugh for she knew she ticked Taeyeon. "Fine...didn't mean it that way..but wait Taengoo, did you just say girl? The management gave you a woman to manage you? Oh man, looks like I'm really going to lose in our bet then. Looks like a keeper for you. Don't you fall in love with her, eh?"

"Are you in your right mind Yuri-ah?! I'd rather slit my wrist and die than be together with this woman if we were the only two people left in the world! " Taeyeon was fuming in her seat. "Jinja cheongmal..."

"Whoah..okay okay...geez Taengoo, calm down...haven't seen you so worked up with someone...Well, if you hate her that much in the beginning, why did you agree in the first place?", Yuri asked keeping her eyes on the road.

"I didn't! I absolutely was against it but the management left me no choice given the legal matters. You were right about them getting pissed. Aish! Jinja Yuri-ah. It's a match between going to jail or going to a mental institution."

"Arasso, Arasso" Yuri said smiling broadly despite Taeyeon's serious tone while whining with her predicament. "Does she look hot though?"

"Huh?" Taeyeon raised her brow, temporarily pausing from her teeth gritting.

"Your new manager. I'm asking how she looks like and if she's hot." Yuri asked teasingly while focusing on the wheel.

Taeyeon twirled the ends of her locks and looked up. "Well, brunette, nice smile, slender body. Above average total package. I say about an 8 out of 10. Wait..what am I saying! No, she's a -20 out of 10! She looks nice but she's got a fesity attitude, a hideous fangirl off to ruin my life. I know you Yuri...just stick to your clubmates...my manager's not worth your time."

"Wow...you sound like you either really despise this new girl or seem to be attracted to her. It's been a while I've heard you comment so passionately about another person Taengoo." Yuri pointed out, snickering at the more animated hallyu star. Yuri was actually happy that Taeyeon was expressing herself more.

"Yah! No way! Arghh! Enough about her, why are we even talking about her? She already ruined my day! Let's talk about you! What's up with you?" Taeyeon said while finally giving up on removing the food stuck to her hair. "You've been smiling like an idiot ever since you came to pick me up at the station. What's up with that?"

"Mwo? Anniyo, you're mistaken. I just naturally smile. I'm just my normal me." Yuri frantically denied and flustered, turning instantly into a tomato. The image of Jessica suddenly slipped into her mind although all she could see on the road ahead were other vehicles lining up past traffic.

"Liar...You met a girl didn't you?" a vulpine smile forming on Taeyeon's face. "Spill it. What's her name?", the little girl poked at Yuri's arm.

"Aish. jinja. Nothing special Taengoo. You know me. Girls come to me like magnets."

"Wow..felt like the wind just grew stronger...Fine. My Yuri-ah doesn't want to kiss and tell, huh. My, my... You just left a few hours ago and now you've changed. Tsk..tsk..tsk..." Taeyeon slouched back. "Well, I'll find out one way or another. You can never keep secrets from me.", the danshin grinned as she went back pulling stuff from her head again.

Yuri chuckled. "Anniyo. Why are you prying on me? I bet you'll be too busy dealing with your new loving manager to even grill me up with my lovelife."

"Yeah right!". Taeyeon replied back in a very sarcastic tone. "Tch. Loving? More like Locking...suffocating...choking...argghhh...I'm so going to hate this."

"That's what you get for dismissing your past manager-oppas. Time for you to suffer." Yuri joked, adding fuel to the fire.

"I've already suffered enough from everyone. That includes you." Taeyeon clicked her tongue and adjusted her seat, turning her back at Yuri.

"Ah...arasso. I guess you really had a bad day. Just endure it Taengoo." Yuri comforted, taking her right hand off the wheel and quickly jabbed Taeyeon's shoulder.

"Owww...how dare you hit a hallyu star." Taeyeon joked, rubbing her shoulder exagerratingly.

"Hallyu my Taengoo." Yuri laughed and Taeyeon joined as well, chuckling to their jibes.

-----------------------------------------------

Jessica opened the door to her apartment carrying a box of pizza when she saw Tiffany in the living room couch sleeping. She settled the pizza box on the coffee table and prodded Tiffany to wake up. Tiffany slowly stirred as she tried to identify the person before her, squeaking her fist into her eyes.

Tiffany groaned while she sat up on the couch. "Ugh, Jessica, when did you come home?"

"Just now. What were you doing? Why are you sleeping here in the living room. You've got the guest room, you know?", Jessica said, a little concerned looking at a tired Tiffany.

"I was waiting for you so we could get dinner. I probably fell asleep because of the jet lag. Sorry."

"What are you saying sorry for? You're fine...anyway, let's just stay in for tonight. you need rest. I just brought pizza for dinner if you don't mind."

Tifanny clapped her hands in delight and she went to the kitchen to grab some plates and paper towels. Both grabbed a slice and settled into the sofa to eat. Jessica the television and they chatted while checking on some evening news and drama.

"How was your day Tiff? Did you finally get your job with BoA?" Jessica asked while lowering the volume of the television.

Tiffany was busy chomping on her slice when she heard Jessica ask her about her job. She then remembered Kim Taeyeon and how their first day with each other was like a rollercoaster ride of mishaps and constant bickering. She recollected what she did with the kimbap pieces earlier that afternoon and she suddenly brightened up. Stiffling a laugh while food was in , she  accidentally choked on the piece of bread.

"Accckk..Wvvvaaa..tterr." Tiffany graoned.

"Omo! Omo!" Jessica cried out as she handed Tiffany a glass of water and patted her back. "Eat slowly silly."

Tiffany gulped down her food and took a deep breath and sighed. "Ah, Thanks Jessica."

Swiping her hand over , Tiffany continued relaying her reply in an exasperated tone. "Aish Jess.I have the worst job in the world. I thought SMent was going to give me a chance to work with BoA-ssi but I was wrong. Instead they give me this I-don't-know-who-the-hell-she-is artist to handle before I could work with my true idol. She's been giving me headaches the entire day. Oooooh...Such a pain in the . I'm managing a brat. A really spoiled brat."

"Mwo? Who's this brat then? What's her name?"

"Jess, It's not even worth mentioning her name. I don't wanna burden you with getting to know that greasy little punk! Arggggh! If only it were'nt for the chance to get to work with BoA herself, I'd be packing my bags to go back to sweet ol California. I'm seriously going to die Jess. Why is life so cruel?" Tiffany collapsed on the couch and laid her head on Jessica's shoulders.

Jessica patted Tiffany's head. "There, there. Have strength. Just endure it. It won't be long until you get near BoA-unn...I mean, BoA-ssi.  You can do it Tiff. I know you don't back down on a challenge." She balled her hand into a fist. "Fighting?"

"Awww...you really are my besty." Tiffany sat right back up and raised her fist and gave her best eye smile. "Fighting".

They continued to catch up with each other on family and their LA times together in the past and they laughed and cried reminiscing their friendship over the years despite the distance. Jessica was particularly happy that she's back to her old self. Even meeting Yuri in the gallery earlier that day was already an uplifter for her. Days were getting better for her now with new friends.

Jessica started cleaning up the pizza box and placed the leftovers in the fridge while Tiffany washed the plates and threw the napkins that they used. Dusting her hand, Jessica decided to dismiss the night and let her bestfriend rest.

"Well, let's call it a night Tiff. You better get some sleep since your body clock haven't adjusted to the time zone. If our schedules get better, we could spend some time out at night at a club or something. I've got a friend who owns a nightclub that's exclusive for us girls", Jessica winked at Tiffany.

"Oh. I would love that Jess." Tiffany cheered. "You sure you don't want me to sleepover in your room? I got my day-off tomorrow so I could stay up."

"Anniyo Tiff. You have to sleep. There's a lot more times we can spend time together. I don't want to stress you any further." Jessica said rubbing Tiffany's arm in comfort.

"So nice of you besty. Well, Goodnight then Jess. Thanks again."

"You're welcome. Night Tiff".

They hugged each other tightly while Jessica tickled Tiffany for a moment. They still acted like they were kids. A few minutes after, they finally broke their childish banter and retreated to their own rooms. Tiffany went on to do her evening rituals before going to bed. She just came out of the shower when she heard the company phone beep. Coming out of the bathroom only in her towel, Tiffany tiredly picked up her phone.

1 message received.

She scrunched her nose and wondered who'd be sending her a message at this late time of the night. She opened her inbox and found it was from an unregistered number.

Must be those network advertising texts. The only contacts I have from this phone are from Secretary Park.

Tiffany sighed. Nevertheless, she opened up the message to read whatever was written.

To: Tiffany Hwang

Yah! Manager Hwang!

From: XXXXXXXXXX *unregistered number

Tiffany immediately knew who it was and deleted the message without hesitation. She then threw her phone into the bed and went to her luggage to retrieve a pajama. She dropped the towel to the floor and started changing into her sleeping outfit. Her phone rang this time. She ignored it until the ringing stopped as she put on some lotion. Within seconds, her phone rang again. She went back to her bed and glanced at the caller id. It was the same unregistered number. Tiffany's blood pressure rose again. She dropped her phone back to bed and went back to the bathroom to brush her teeth. She closed the door to muffle the sound of her phone ringing again and again.

After spitting out water into the sink and drying with a hand towel, Tiffany walked back into the bedroom and propped herself to bed. She again picked up the phone under a pillow and to her surprise, there were more than 10 missed calls from the brat. Knowing it won't end, Tiffany tapped on her phone and called the number. The other end picked up the call instantly.

"YAH! WHY WERE YOU NOT PICKING UP YOUR PHONE!", a loud yelling came out of the other end, the voice obviously belonging to a little twerp.

Tiffany brought the phone away from her ear. "Yah! Stop yelling. What do you want wasabi brat?! How'd you get my number?" Tiffany could hear an ahjumma laugh from the speakers.

"Aigoo! Calm down manager kimbap! I got my sources", again Taeyeon laughed. "You of all people should know my number."

"Whatever Taeyeon. Now, what do you want? Spill it or I'm going to drop the call. It's late at nigt and I need to sleep." Tiffany was already very much irritated.

"Arasso. Aish...so strict...well, anyway, manager Hwang...I was thinking. since i've got no schedule tomorrow----"

"You were thinking? Well, that's a first...didn't know twerps like you are capable of something like that." Tiffany interjected.

"Why you..." Taeyeon was about to curse on the other end.

"Watch your words...or else I'm gonna tell on Mr. Park." Tiffany warned.

"Well, tell him. I don't care. They pretty much expect it from me. You, on the other hand, has still something to prove. You don't want your performance tarnished do you? Eh? manager?" Taeyeon taunted.

Clearly, Tiffany realized Taeyeon had a point.

"What's the deal...Ms. hallyu star?" Tiffany grumbled, extremely displeased that she can't threaten Taeyeon anymore.

"Good girl...Anyway, manager Hwang... listen! Tomorrow I was thinking I'd go to an amusement park since I have nothing to do"

"Who are you going with?" Tiffany immediately asked. It was still her job to keep watch over her artist.

"Just by myself."

"What? You can't just go...wait, why are you telling me this----?". Tiffany paused.

If I let Taeyeon go alone, it could cause a big problem since she's popular. It could cause a riot or a huge commotion with lots of people fangirling. As her manager, not being there by her side would damage my reputation by a mile!

"FYI Ms. Kim but I got my day off tomorrow." Tiffany complained. She finally understood what Taeyeon was up to.

"Oh? Tsk..tsk..tsk..Oh well. I guess I'll have go to the theme park by myself. Maybe I should post something on meToday or Twitter. Maybe some of my fans would agree on spending time with me instead...That would be fun. They'd probably contact their clubs and give me a red carpet entrance to the park. Then I can do whatever I want. What do you think eh, manager Hwang? Not a bad idea right? Oh! I'm soo excited. I get to play tomorrow and the management wouldn't even know about it until they see the news articles on the next day. I wonder how I could get back at CEO Lee...That would be so fun to do!"

Tiffany was really close to bursting. She was at the tip of her rope.

"Yah! What do you really want me to do?" Tiffany finally blurted out.

"Hmmm? You? Oh, do you want to come with me?" Taeyeon played around which totally annoyed Tiffany more.

"Will you stop goofing around Kim Taeyeon? Just tell me what you want me to do properly and I'll comply with it."

"Arasso. I was hoping you'd come with me to the theme park tomorrow manager Hwang. I just want to try on the rides. I haven't gone to an amusement park in years. Don't worry about my fans and the public, I'll disguise myself if I need to." Taeyeon replied. Her voice tone actually changed. It was strange since it was somehow pleading, contrary to the usual tease and deriding snickers.

Is this some sort of trickery again? Should I go or not?

No. This might be a trap. That brat is off with another crazy plan...

But if I don't, I think she'd still go...she's as stubborn as a mule... This girl is surely making every hour, minute and second of my life filled with stress and agony...

"So are you coming?" The other person on the line waited impatiently. The sound of Taeyeon clicking her tongue could be heard while Tiffany still paused thinking.

"Yah...manager Hwang..." Taeyeon mumbled again.

Tiffany finally gave up. "Sigh. You better disguise yourself well tomorrow Taeyeon or else I'm gonna beat the crap out of you."

"So does that mean you're coming wth me?"

"Yes."

"Huh?"

"Yes"

"Again please."

"I said YES! I'll go."

"What? I couldn't hear you well. Reception's really bad."

"What part of YES don't you understand?!!! Aish! Jinja!" Tiffany bursted when she realized Taeyeon was playing around again.

An ahjummah laugh was heard as soon as Tiffany flared up. "Alright, pick me up tomorrow at my place after lunch. Don't be late. Thanks manager Hwang! Have a good night and sleep well!"

With one click, the call ended.

Did she just thank me and say goodnight? What's going on? Was that even Taeyeon? I can never trust that brat!

Tiffany tossed and her bed, uneasy of the things that might eventually happen tomorrow afternoon. With a sigh, she finally gave up and closed her eyes tight and dozed off into dreamland.

However, images of Taeyeon still haunted her.

Aish... Can't I go to rest wthout seeing you in my head? 

With a grunt, Tiffany slammed her face into a pillow and forced herself into sleep.

On the other end, Taeyeon just ended the call. She was in her balcony viewing the lawn in her lot. She looked up the sky and smiled, drumming her fingers on her arm. In her head, she was thinking and laughing.

I'm surely gonna get back at you Manager Hwang. You'll see. Kim Taeyeon doesn't back down from anyone!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------