7:1 deal

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

A white mercedes benz stopped in front of Taeyeon's villa and honked. Taeyeon, wearing a green hoodie and loose pair of cordoroy shorts came out and hopped on the doorstep but was surprised to see Tiffany driving a different vehicle. Tiffany signalled Taeyeon to come around and take the passenger seat. 

Taeyeon hopped to the passenger side, opened the door and dipped into the car seat. "Wow. What's with the fancy ride? New car?"

"I borrowed this car from my bestfriend. I didn't want to use the company car since it might make us more conspicuous. You know how detailed fans can be.", Tiffany said while yawning. 

Hmm. Good thinking for a manager. That minivan had been used by SMent artists several times and it's a definite eyecatcher for hardcore fans. Quite impressive manager Hwang. One point.

Taeyeon nodded at Tiffany while inspecting the interior of the car with a smug on her face. "You're bestfriend has got good taste for cars...impressive...didn't realize you'd have classy friends manager Hwang. I wonder what they saw in you?"

Oh God. She's starting it again! Okay Tiffany, just be patient. Patience is a virtue. Just endure it.

"Where now?" Tiffany grumbled. Taeyeon just chuckled knowing she successfully pissed her manageroff again.

"Let's go to Lotte World!", Taeyeon shouted, drumming her hands on the dashboard and danced in her seat.

Such a complete dork! I even wonder what they saw in you to become a hallyu star...

"Ok. Ok, Stop drumming... Sheesh, somebody's way too excited", Tiffany mumbled under her breath.

She herself wasn't really excited with this trip since she did not get enough sleep and her body's still adapting to the time difference. In addition, she researched about Taeyeon that morning to measure up her popularity. She had totally no idea about Taeyeon even though she had interned for SMent in LA. She couldn't believe how popular Taeyeon was in Korea. well, not just Korea but all over Asia. It was no wonder to Tiffany why the company had dubbed her as the second BoA.

Tiffany quickly then thought that morning on possibilities that people would recognize the star in the theme park and devised plans in case worse came  to worst. As Taeyeon's manager, it was her job to assess the situation and locations beforehand, regardless if it was a schedule or not. Based on Tiffany's assumption after thinking about the theme park escapade thoroughly, if she left Taeyeon unmanaged in an unguarded theme park, it will only spell trouble for her and SMent company itself. Thus, she basically had to tie herslef up with Taeyeon for the whole afternoon to make sure the little devil doesn't cause any havoc.

After punching in the name of their destination on the installed GPS device on the dashboard, Tiffany yawned again as she started the car and drove out of Taeyeon's residence. 

"Yah! Manager Hwang? Where's your energy?" Taeyeon asked as she saw another yawn escape from Tiffany's lips. For a moment Taeyeon felt a bit of gulit for torturing someone. She understood how it was when one had to travel and get all drained. At tht moment, Taeyeon was already thinking twice of pursuing a day of vengeance.

"Not now Taeyeon." Tiffany glared while concentrating on the wheel. "I'm driving."

"You're still jetlagged. Aish. You know I could go alone. Just drop me at the theme park and get back to your place so you can catch up on some snooze.", Taeyeon instigated while peeking at Tiffany's side. Taeyeon was actually momentarily mesmerized. The bossy but tired look on her manager's face was so chic looking that it made Taeyeon awe in wonder.

Tiffany was surprised with the sudden spurt of thoughtfulness but then she still doubted Taeyeon after everything that happened yesterday. She somehow had the gut feeling that Taeyeon was out for revenge after she had slammed kimbap all over the blonde-brunette's head. 

"Anni. I'm fine. I've got loads of batteries left in me. Plus, it's better this way. Someone needs to watch you like a hawk. God knows what you're gonna pull off at the theme park and it's my freaking job to make sure you don't do anything foolish."

Tayeon snickered and plopped in her seat, satisfied with the burst of energy from Tiffany. "Alrighty then! Suit yourself manager Hwang."

Tifany shot a glance at Taeyeon who was staring on the windows. Aish, this is worse than babysitting. This job's not gonna pay me enough for all the stress I'll get.

The ride to the amusement park was unusually quiet after the last conversation.  There were just the occasional yawns coming from Tiffany and the sound of Taeyeon shifting in her seat while looking at the passenger window side. The hallyu star placed her chin over the passenger door and clung on to her seatbelt.  She was admiring the scenery of passing cars, Seoul traffic and people busying themselves on a Friday afternoon. Taeyeon looked as though she was diving deep in thought when Tiffany noticed it. While looking at the back of Taeyeon's head with the pepero hairstyle, Tiffany wondered whether the little kid beside her was contriving an evil plot for her or just simply appreciating this small chance of freedom to go out. 

Tiffany shook her head and came back to focus. No. She's out for revenge. You can never trust this twerp Tiffany. Don't lose to her.

The condition in the car remained the same, quiet and calm, an extreme irony from yesterday's Tokyo drifting, however, it felt so weird since it was as if neither wanted to get on each other's nerves. Well, it was too early to say, their theme park escapade has only begun. Tiffany pulled to a stop as she parked the car in the huge lot and pressed on the parking brakes.

"We're here" Tiffany reported.

"Arasso, let's go!" Taeyeon exclaimed as she pulled the seatbelt off her and adjusted her seat so she could get out of the car.

"Wait!" Tiffany immediately grabbed Taeyeon'sarm which jolted the shorter gal. Taeyeon felt a sudden electric current coming from Tiffany's touch but she immediately ignored it.

"Wae?" Taeyeon glowered which made Tiffany withdrew her grip instantly.

"You're going in like that?" Tiffany pointed at Taeyeon's bare face. "I thought we agreed on this? Anyone can easily identify you, Kim Taeyeon. Didn't I tell you to be discreet about this?"

"Ah, so you now recognize me as somebody really popular? Eh. Am I really that famous?" Taeyeon joked.

"Yeah. Yeah. Whatever. Aish. I knew this would happen...I can never trust you...", Tiffany grumbled as she pulled a paper bag from the backseat. "Here put these on." She grabbed an army cap, a pair of dark sunglasses, and a long black scarf. She tossed them all to Taeyeon in one heap.

"Ah. This is such a nuisance." Taeyeon complained as she looked at Tiffany and picked up one item after another.

"Wear them or else you're not getting out of this car."

"Aish. fine..." Taeyeon hissed. She donned the cap and wound the scarf around her neck to cover half of her face but she had difficulty handling the long piece of knited cloth. She twirled her hands here and there, looping the scarf untidingly.

"I can easiy pass as someone who could hijack a plane or rob a bank, right now", Taeyeon complained as she gave up on the scarf. "Aish..i can't breath properly..."

Tiffany saw Taeyeon struggling and managed to giggle a bit. How hard is it to put a darn scarf?

"What the heck are you doing? You look like a sundae twirl." Tiffany commented as soon as Taeyeon finished wrapping herself up. 

Tiffany grabbed one end of the scarf and readjusted it on Taeyeon's neck.

Taeyeon was surprised with Tiffany's nice gesture and she sat there frozen looking at Tiffany while the other criss-crossed the scarf to fit it better. Tiffany continued on fixing the scarf when ,accidentally, the back of her hand brushed Taeyeons lips. Tiffany quickly withdrew her hand and sat straight to the steering wheel while Taeyeon pushed down the flap of the army cap to hide her blushing cheeks. 

Her lips were so soft...Mwoya. (What the--) What was that about Tiffany? You just touched her lips. No biggie! Why are you acting surprised about it? Will you get a hold of yourself? Tiffany gripped her seatbelt while swallowing her spit.

She brushed my lips. Her hand feels like silk...Aish! Taeyeon-ah! Wake the hell up! Will you stop blushing! Taeyeon could feel the heat rushing through her cheeks and ears. Taeyeon, remember that she's your manager. She's BoA's evil fangirl! You hate BoA fangirls. You definitely dislike her!

"Uhm, I think you're fine. It'll be difficult for them to recognize you now." Tiffany broke out the silence, still looking up front. She retrieved the keys from under the steering wheel and pushed the car door open.

Taeyeon went out of the car right after Tiffany stood up and both of them walked into the theme park with Tiffany leading. So far so good, since nobody noticed them and visitors just strolled normally around them. Tiffany purchased their tickets and handed one to Taeyeon. Tiffany still kept thinking about the incident but she shrugged it off and this time she made sure she didn't come too close to Taeyeon.

They went over the bridge of the theme park and Taeyeon walked giddingly along with the other theme park visitors. A castle similar to those found in Disneyland could be seen towering the whole park like stalked mushrooms with blue pointy caps. Meters and meters of red carpet lined the bridge and the long red carpeted road led to the heart of the pleasure grounds. A few small rides were sprawled all over the park area and kids, families and friends surrounded the mini-rides. Unable to decide what to do first, Taeyeon simply sauntered through the different stalls and shops with Tiffany following behind her. Taeyeon browsed through an assortment of souvenirs and Tiffany just watched as the hallyu star peruse of the different items. Unable to find something she liked, Taeyeon resorted to watching the other people around her from time to time and laugh at them while Tiffany, with her hands on her pocket followed the star like a bodyguard.  

The first 15 minutes went on and on like it was and Taeyeon was beginning to get bored fast. Out of the blue, Taeyeon's expression changed. She browsed the rides on the theme park map that was given along with ticket.

"Tiffany, let's ride this one!" Taeyeon gleamed as she pointed on one of the rides on the pamphlet. Tiffany was not paying attention. She was busy scouting around, anxious that fans might recognize the idol and cause a commotion. She wasn't very prepared dealing with huge crowds of fans and this close protection officer job is making her weary.

"Whatever Tae--"

Without a word back, Taeyeon yanked Tiffany's arm and pulled her to the line of the ride. Taeyeon was jumping up and down , bobbing her head and checking out the number of people left to ride. Tiffany's eyes widened as she saw where they were, in front of the gigantic and the most terrifying ride in the theme park, the GYRO drop. She could hear the screams of the people as gravity claimed their bodies before pulling to a sudden stop. Tiffany's stomach just churned at the sight.

"No Taeyeon! NO! I am not going to ride that THING!"

The broad smile on Taeyeon's face turned into an evil smirk and pretended to uncover the scarf wrapping her face. Some of the people on the line started to take notice of the two young women bickering, especially on the smaller one. Tiffany was fidgeting knowing Taeyeon could just reveal herself anytime she'd want and cause trouble.  Tiffany had fallen to Taeyeon's trap. 

"What's the catch Kim?", her angered eyes directed at the shortie in front of her.

"What catch?", Taeyeon pretended as she was twirling her scarf and readjusting her cap, hiding the huge grin on her face.

"Stop doing that. I can totally see through your plan. Now, spill it"

Taeyeon just laughed and stopped teasing. "Alright! You got me. Let's play a game. A bet!"

Taeyeon's manager just listened intently to Taeyeon, assessing the star's proposal.

"If you put up with me without any complaints  for three times this afternoon, I promise to behave and follow your every command for one whole week. No pranks. No hidden agenda. Just plain work and business. Wouldn't that be great on your job? I might even suggest to CEO Park to have you manage BoA for a day."

Tiffany raised her brow. The bet was too suspicious. "So... 7 days with you as my slave, am I correct?"

Taeyeon paused for a second, thought and nodded. "Yup."

"What's the consequence if I give up?"

"Then you get to be my slave, for one whole day, 24 hours, 1440 minutes, 86400 seconds."

Tiffany contemplated whether she'd agree or not.

"C'mon on manager. It's a 7:1 deal. I'm completely at a disadvantage point here. So what do you say?" Taeyeon explained, while raising her shoulders.

"This isn't a joke, is it?" Tiffany replied back as she folded her arms before Taeyeon.

"NOPE, completely honest and true." The little wrappped up hallyu star raised her hand and promised.

Tiffany took her word and grabbed Taeyeon's hand. "Deal."

What do you have to lose Tiffany? Just a little more patience and you'll have 7 days of pure bliss without Taeyeon.

The line shortened within minutes and they were preparing themselves to get on the ride. Taeyeon was gleaming while Tiffany had a very nervous smile.

"I'm sorry ma'am but you'll have to remove your hat and scarf. You might lose them during the ride", a young attendant directed at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon's excitement suddenly faded as she turned and faced Tiffany. "Otoke?", Taeyeon mouthed to her manager.

With her head above the situation, she suddenly replied to the attendant. "That's okay young man. I'll make sure she doesn't lose them." She tugged on Taeyeon and smiled. "Right Kim-ssi?"

"Okay. Hold on to them and be careful then."

The attendant allowed them to pass. Taeyeon skipped to a vacant seat and Tiffany followed and sat right next to her. The brunette's heart was pounding from fear but she overcame it knowing she had to endure to win the bet. A few more attendants came and latched the riders on to their seats.

"Ready fo phase 1 of the bet manager Hwang?" Taeyeon vexed as the circular nut holding the people slowly screwed it's way to the top. Tiffany didn't reply immediately as she was staring at the ground below them. The people who were about her size a second ago now looked like ants from her perspective. She could see the whole landscape of the theme park and the guy right next to her was already calling out for his mom.

Once they reached sky level, Tiffanny muttered.

"Just shut up Taeyeon. I'll win for sure."

"Sure Manager Hwang."

Within a second the whole ring of the Gyro drop plummeted. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Taeyeon and Tiffany both felt like their souls had just left their physical bodies. Tiffany's head hung low as the ride ended. She was trying not to puke and hold her stomach when she heard some people from the crowd murmuring.

"Yah! It's Kim Taeyeon-yang!"

"Aaaah! Taeyeon-ssi! Yapeuda!"

"Taeyeon! Saranghe! Fan-niyo"

Tiffany quickly looked over to the person at her side. Taeyeon had lost her cap and the blonde-black locks flowed from her head. Her face was totally exposed since the scarf that Tiffany carefully wrapped earlier became untangled. Taeyeon smiled meekly and bowed slightly at the crowd. Her identity was busted. Tiffany quickly took off the latch from her seat and attended to Taeyeon.

"C'mon, before the crowd thickens. Let's get out of here."

"What about your cap?"

"Forget the cap". Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon's wrist and pushed her way into the exit. People were suddenly taking their cameras out and snapping pictures. Once they reached the exit point of the ride, a huge crowd of the fans started to approach.

Taeyeon noticed it and quickly said to Tiffany, "Hey Manager Hwang? Wanna play tag?"

Tiffany was surprised as she was still dragging Taeyeon away from the Gyro drop ride.

"On the count of three, run! Hanna..............deul......................................seht!". In a flash, Taeyeon and Tiffany switched positions with the hallyu star dragging her manager.

"Yah! Chakaman!" Tiffany shouted, her steps shifting into a race.

The fans were startled but they were unyielding as they too started to run to follow the hallyu star. The two women ran harder and quickly evaded their pursuers by quickly sneaking into one open and vacant staff room. Tiffany closed the door with her back and panted vigorously. Even Taeyeon was huffiing and puffing as she slowly settled down on the floor and laughed. 

"Shh. quiet Kim.", Tiffany shushed Taeyeon. She pasted her ear on the door. She could hear several people from the other side of the door complaining and wondering where the hallyu star went. "Aish. we can't get out. Your crazy fans are still there."

"I got an idea", Taeyeon said. She was now standing up near a table with a couple of boxes over it. She picked up something from the box and threw it at Tiffany. The manager quickly caught it and realized it was a racoon mascot head.

"NO WAY KIM TAEYEON!"

"Sssssh." Taeyeon hushed. "Phase 2 of the bet. It's either this or I go out greeting my screaming fans and you losing our bet."

"Ugh. Fine." Tiffany stood up and claimed one of the boxes containing the mascot costume. "But I get to be the pink princess racoon!"

Taeyeon tittered and both jumped in and changed into their costumes. They donned the mascot heads and unexpectedly, the door to the staff room opened.

"There you are, you two! Pallewa! The show's about to start."

Both Taeyeon and Tiffany were caught in a surprise. A tall guy in a Lotte world staff uniform came in and is gesturing them to come out.

"Wait! We're not----" Tiffany exclaimed under the mask.

"C'mon guys. No time to complain. The kids are waiting.", The tall oppa walked to them and pushed the two raccon mascots out of the door.

"Break a leg guys!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Taeny on a bet and end up being racoons. see picture for the costume. rofl.