Ms. Coffee Cup

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

"ANDWAEEEEEEE! I want a rematch!"

Tiffany screamed at the top of her lungs. Taeyeon ignored her and went to the water dispenser to get a cup. Tiffany folllowed close behind unallowing herself to be defeated. She continued prodding on Taeyeon but the sweaty little hallyu star just ignored her and gulped down on her drink. Raising her head to calm herself down, Taeyeon crushed the paper cup and tossed it to the trash not far away.

"Are you just going to ignore me?" Tiffany continued to prod, slightly irritated with the way Taeyeon had been passing her.

Taeyeon sighed deeply, confused on how to act. She turned around to face Tiffany, showed the brunette a wide grin, nodded and walked past around her.

The little twerp was doing her best to annoy her manager so that the angered Tiffany would just leave her alone and distance herself.  However, things were not working out as what Taeyeon would have expected. Judging with how the current events were going, it only seemed like Tiffany was ironically appearing even closer than before.

Taeyeon recollected yesterday as she walked past Tiffany. She remembered yesterday's escape in the theme park. Her rollercoaster plan had backfired on her. Now, everytime Tiffany came within a meter around her, her heart would start thumping like Korean drums in a New Year festival. She shook her head, hoping she'd jolt out all these thoughts and just focus on her job. 

Reluctantly, Taeyeon picked up the remote controller again and pressed play to start training. She dropped the contraption on top of one of the chairs and went to the middle of the dancefloor.

Facing the mirror, Taeyeon started dancing, mentally counting numbers and synchronizing to the beat. Tugging on her shirt, she swayed her hips from one side to the other. She moved her body smoothly into the routine, her eyes focused on her image in front of the mirror. She focused on the expressions on her face and suddenly, out of nowhere, Tiffany slipped into view. 

Dugeun. Damn it. Dugeun. Dugeun.

A little bit puzzled, Tiffany brought herself again to Tayeon's attention. She buried her stare into Taeyeon's eyes as she placed her hands on her hips and tapped her foot in front of the dancing dwarf. Taeyeon froze in view, stopped and then switched her position to evade Tiffany's gaze. Tiffany moved again in front of Taeyeon and crossed her arms on her chest. Yet again, Taeyeon turned around and danced ignoring her manager for the nth time. Tiffany started to frown but she wasn't going to back down. She followed Taeyeon on each step and burrowed her gaze, making the other feel really uncomfortable.

Let's see you back down from this Taeyeon-ah!

 STOP STARING! Manager Hwang! Damn it! Your eyes are a killer!

Taeyeon was fighting the beating of her heart. She had to dislike her. Thoughts ran in her head.

You don't like her Tae. No way..Taeyeon...stop it! It's just an infatuation. A mere crush Tae. You haven't been around girls like her too much so this is just mere fascination of a vexatious woman who's out to make a mess out of your pathetic little life. Yes. A ridiculous crush. That's correct. A stupid fascination. Taeyeon. Pabo. Pabo. Pabo.

"Will you stop that?" Taeyeon finally hissed at Tiffany which shocked the brunette making her step back into the mirrors. Taeyeon looked annoyed. She stopped dancing and faced Tiffany.

"What's wrong with you? I just want a rematch." Tiffany spited back.

Taeyeon then took her turn to cross her arms and face Tiffany. She raised her brows and mugged.

"Look here Ms. Manager. I won fair and square. You lost on the third trial. My win is such a small feat. That bet was just for pure fun! What's wrong with losing a full day? Is it because you're too uptight with me? Do you hate losing that much? C'mon manager. It's your job so basically you can be callled for, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by no other than me! There's not much of a difference really. Don't you have honor in your words? or your work? Or MAYBE, you would rather have me around with no one else for seven whole days instead?"

"What?!-- Wai---", Tiffany remarked, astonished and wee bit offended at the sudden outburst.

"Don't tell me that our little escapade yesterday meant something to you? Do you like me that much now? Tell me..." Taeyeon, continued abruptly.

The danshin tilted her head and grinned uncomfortably, realizing the error of her tongue. Her voice lugged off into inaudible tones but she continued on her playful act, pretending to be rancorous. She didn't know why she just said those things. All her thoughts somehow escaped her lips and her mind spilled into the argument, unfiltered. Taeyeon contemplated for a second to take back her words but she noticed how Tiffany was congealed in her spot.

I think I just blew things up. You and your big mouth Tae! Geez...how can you be so stupid. Taeyeon..pabo-yah!

Struck by the words that Taeyeon had said, Tiffany tried to sort out her logic. Somehow, what Taeyeon had just said was true but she could't get over the last statement. Tch. Like?

Tiffany, losing one day won't be that bad. Will it? But why am I so furious?One day is easier than 7 days. Right? Maybe it was my pride. Yes, it was my pride. Well, is it? I don't like to lose. Especially to an annoying full-of-herself so-called-hallyu-star like Taeyeon. BUT--- do I like her? well, she's-- not that bad. I mean she did impress me on that first encounter.......Wait?! What?! No!!! What am I saying to myself?! I don't like her. A twerp like her? NO. Andwaeee.....

Crap. The heck. Why am I thinking like this?

"Yoboseyo? Earth to my manager?" Taeyeon knocked some sense into the brunette as she relaxed herself in front of Tiffany. Although Taeyeon was already quite nervous with the awkward silence, she had to make sure that everything was still fine and dandy between them.

"Fine. You win." Tiffany said, raising both arms in defeat.

Tiffany just gave up so she wouldn't have to deal with it. Moreover, she just wanted to escape her thoughts. Her brain was  recalculating the probability of her liking Taeyeon. She was adamantly denying whatever it is that she might be feeling for the short gal. Like a mantra, she squealed over and over again in her head.

Gee. If only I'd be able to meet somebody else then this wouldn't be happening to me. There's no way I'm going to like Taeyeon. Heavenly Father, please send forth someone, anyone....

Tiffany's thoughts ran like a speeding bullet train across counties and in lieu of a mantra, she was now chanting a prayer in her head. When she mollified, she glowered back at the danshin.

"By the way, I'm letting you know that I'm conceding because I don't go back on my word. Nothing else." Tiffany added as she walked back to one of the chairs to calm herself.

"Suit yourself." Taeyeon shrugged, not minding the fuming Tiffany. "Though, don't forget you owe me 24 hours! I still won that bet!"

Tiffany just scowled defiantly at Taeyeon and the hallyu star backed off cowardly.

"Uhmm...don't worry, I'll tell you when I'd want my 24 hours. Don't even fret about it." Taeyeon smiled sheepishly.

Exhausted with the petty fight, Tiffany chose to keep quiet. She stood up and prepared herself to leave the practice room. Taeyeon was pleasantly surprised with the reaction. There was no more retaliation from the feisty manager. Taeyeon breathed easy, more of relaxed that the feud was kind of over. They were back to their declarations of world wars against each other, making it probably as the most normal way of communication between the two. Both just sighed at the thought of never ending squabbles.

Before Taeyeon stepped back to the dancefloor, she stole a glance at Tiffany who was exiting the door. She just couldn't fight the urge to make Tiffany angrier.

"YAH! Manager Hwang! I'm hungry! I haven't had breakfast. Buy me some kimchi fried rice when you get back!" Taeyeon asked but more like commanded, cupping her hands around to blast her voice like a megaphone.

Tiffany plugged her ears as she walked onwards, unacknowledging Taeyeon's request but she grudgedly waved her right hand as Taeyeon was still shouting her food requests unendlessly.

"YAH! I heard you! Just shut up!" Tiffany fired back but she still didn't care to face back at her client. She walked off stomping her feet as she headed to the direction of the lift.

Taeyeon finally heard Tiffany squeal in fury. She successfully made her mad again. Smiling from ear to ear, Taeyeon just turned back around to the dance floor and resumed her training, enjoying it better than before.

------------------------------------

Half an hour passed and Taeyeon was already on the floor, panting hard from reorganizing her routine. Her body was sprawled on the wooden panels and her eyes closed as she tried to regain her breathing pattern back to normal. One by one, her back-up dancers came back silently into the practice room. They tiptoed and bowed down before Taeyeon for apology but the tired performer remain unbudged on the ground.

"YAH! Where'd you guys go?! We're here to train! You guys just love to slack off while I've got less than 3 weeks for my concert! I could just fire ----" Taeyeon yelled, still with her eyes closed.

"I see you haven't changed Taeyeon-ssi"

A voice responded to Taeyeon's rudeness and stepped right beside the small hallyu star. Taeyeon opened her eyes and looked directly up to a blonde woman in hip hop gear who was waving down at her. Taeyeon's knitted eyebrows and dropped jaw expressed her surprise as she quickly brought herself up to face the intruder.

"H-H-H... Hyo?" Taeyeon exclaimed while brushing off her hands on her thighs.

"Uwa! You remember me! I'm honored. Didn't think a hallyu star like you would recall a mere dancer like me" Hyoyeon said quite sarcastically as she clapped her hands bluntly.

"What are you doing here?" Taeyeon asked, peeking at the rest of the dancers who were cowering behind the elite choreographer. She had a feeling that her back-ups had tattle-taled to the management again.

"Chill Taeyeon-ssi. We were called by the PD of your concert to help out in some of your numbers." A slender woman in work-out tights and a bob haircut cooed as she walked around some of the dancers, her duffel bag dangling towards her side. "We didn't know we were going to work with you until like 10 minutes ago."

"Nicole?" Taeyeon said, startled by the entry of Hyoyeon's lover. "You, too?"

Nicole just smiled back as she placed an arm over Hyoyeon.

"Yah. This is not a place for the two of you to date." Taeyeon snarled.

The other dancers in the room were astonished at the unceasing revelations going on between the three. They've never expected the trio to know each other. The juniors were well aware that no choreographer had worked with Ms. Kim Taeyeon. Noone, even of the company's choreographers, have worked well with the hallyu star for the past three years and mainly, routines were left for Taeyeon to decide so that conflict wouldn't arise. It was best to leave everything to Taeyeon alone and most of the time, she'd still produce something better from what was expected.

The junior dancers looked at them tensely. The drama unfolding before them looked like new blood was going to be shed on the dance floor.

The doors busted open in the middle of the disclosure and everyone's heads turned to face the newcomer.

"I'm sorry I'm late Hyo, I had to drop-----" the long-legged tanned woman in a black jacket with the hood up and red yoga pants stated obtusely as she entered the room while staring and punching numbers on her phone.

"What the?!" she gasped as she looked forward from her phone.

"Yuri-ah! You too? What is going on here?" Taeyeon cried out, obviously dumbfounded by the sudden entry of her close friend for the past year.

Yuri was also stunned. Her grip on her phone loosened and she turned her head to Hyoyeon asking for an explanation. 

"Oh c'mon you two. It's not like the end of the world if we all work together! We're just going to do choreography for you Taeyeon-ssi and of course, bringing Yuri-ah in this wouldn't be much of a big deal. Would it? I thought the two of you are buddies? C'mon guys. It's just dance." Hyo explained slowly so the David and Goliath in front of her wouldn't come and beat her down to the ground. Both of them weren't really fond of surprises.

The other seven male and female dancers in the background just listened to their conversation, wondering whether this would eventually turn up into a deathmatch as the situation had become a battle of tag teams. Well, thinking about it, even with Taeyeon alone, it was possible for any type of bloodshed to just turn up. Nicole sensed the bewilderment in the unwanted audience's faces.  She eased her arm from Hyoyeon and approached the youngsters. She turned to them and requested the rest to leave them for a while.

"Hi guys. You can take the rest of the day off. I see you're all exhausted." Nicole said sympathetically to the group as she pointed towards the door.

"Noona...I mean...Nicole-ssi. What about Ms. Taeyeon? She'll punish us for sure.", one of the younger men complained.

"I'll take care of it, arasso? Now, go." Nicole winked back.

"Ye algesumnida."

The back-ups nodded politely seeing that Nicole was a senior and started to leave the room, once again. They heard Taeyeon scream at them while they tried to leave but each of them scurried off like mice in the dark as they sped off through the door. Nicole glared back at Taeyeon and walked back to lean on her lover.

"Did you know about this Yuri-ah?" Taeyeon asked the taller girl, her hands on her waist.

"Not at all Taengoo. Hyo just called me this morning about a choreo job. I didn't know it was with you." Yuri replied, holding up her hands in the air like an accused criminal. "Just calm down buddy...we'll go if you really don't want us around."

"No." Taeyeon sighed aloud. "Aish. you guys stay. I guess I also need you guys to help me out. Some of my back-ups are just darn slow and I'm kind of out of ideas for the past days. I need to have a new number special for the next concert..."

"So you're cool with it now, Taeyeon-ssi? We'll be working now together?" Hyoyeon asked, lifting her hand for a handshake.

Taeyeon just looked at Hyo's hand and walked off to a chair while Yuri nudged the blonde, apologizing in a whisper on behalf of her friend."Sorry about that Hyo. She's just not used to working with other choreographers."

"It's okay Yuri-ah. We all know how she is even though we're the closest acquaintance... Let's just make a good work on this dance. "Hyoyeon just shook her head and grimaced, lowering her hand to her side. She had heard of how Taeyeon was close to impossible to work with but this was first hand experience of dealing with the Tempest. 

As expected. No wonder she's like the devil.

"Assa! Let's get on the beat then!" Nicole shouted, breaking the glacial atmosphere. Nicole brushed Hyoyeon's arm and dropped the duffel bag on the floor near the mirrors while Yuri approached Taeyeon on the chair and patted the hallyu star's back. Yuri knew it took some of Taeyeon's pride to accept that she needed help.

"Alright, let me see what you three got...and that includes you Yuri-ah" Taeyeon commanded.

"Okidokie Taengoo." Yuri playfully responded.

The four started discussing on the routine and Taeyeon, surprisingly cooperated with the three.

-----------------------------

Tiffany lifted her gaze to the ceiling of the SMent's elevator. The whole lift was filled with the smell radiating from the styro box inside the paper bag she was carrying. It was the Kimchi fried rice that the ridiculous midget requested. Tiffany had ordered five boxes of the delicious meal. Four were to be shared by the dancers and one of them was "specially" ordered for Taeyeon. She walked out of the lift and went straight to the practice room with an evil grin.

With her back against the door, Tiffany slowly pushed it open and entered the room. Four heads turned, wondering who just came in.

"Kim Taeyeon. Your food's here", Tiffany reported glumly, her back facing the other people in the room as she took out the styro boxes from the paper bag and settled them on a small plastic side table. 

The music stopped and three people approached the disheartened manager while one went to the dispenser to grab a drink of water. The one of the three, who had the blonde and black locks spoke to Tiffany and reprimanded her.

"Yah, what took you so long? It's almost lunch!" Taeyeon hissed as she harshly took one of the chopsticks.

Tiffany just glared at Taeyeon. Just you wait, little punk!

"Hi, we haven't met. I'm Hyoyeon, choreographer. I'll be working with Taeyeon for her concert." the one with blonde hair greeted and drew out a hand. Tiffany, wide-eyed surprised, shook it and bowed.

"And I'm Nicole, dancer and Hyo's girlfriend. nice to meet you." the other brunette said and took Tiffany's hand to welcome her.

"Girlfriend?" Tiffany immediately asked. She had not expected to see a same couple yet in Korea.

"Yeah. For 2 years now." Hyoyeon said proudly which earned a smile from Nicole.

"Wow. You guys are lucky. I'm slightly envious. Oh by the way, Hwang Miyoung imnida but just call me Stephanie/ Tiffany or Manager Hwang..doesn't matter." Tiffany greeted back, again bowing to the new couple in front of her.

Hyoyeon, Nicole and Taeyeon immediately noticed the reaction from Tiffany and were pleasantly surprised. Tiffany was too calm in accepting and seeing a gay couple before her.

Taeyeon suddenly realized something. Wait...Tiffany's also gay? No. maybe she's just open-minded. She came from the US so this this thin isn't new to her.

"Tch. She's my manager", Taeyeon sneered, pointing to Tiffany, explaining it to Hyoyeon and Nicole. "Yah, where's my kimchi fried rice manager Hwang? I'm really hungry!"

Tiffany rolled her eyes. She turned around to look for her revenge box but a familiar voice had cut off her search. The other person who was at the dispenser walked up to the rest of the crowd.

"So you're Tayeon's manager." Yuri interrupted. "Ms. Coffee cup?"

Tiffany spun around like a little top to face the owner of that familar husky voice. Yuri inserted herself between Taeyeon and Nicole as she greeted the manager with her signature charisma.

"Remember me? ahjussi? spilled coffee? airport?" Yuri smiled, taking her black hood back, revealing her face. At the same time, her player attitude resurfaced as she met again with the girl with chinky eyes that made her heart flutter that day in the airport.

"Y-Yu...ri....Yuri, right?" Tiffany gasped, as she raised her hand to cover her gaping mouth. Taeyeon was startled with Tiffany's response and she wasn't feeling good about it for some odd reason.

"Yeah. Nice to see you, Stephanie." Yuri took Tiffany's hand that was just covering and Yuri planted a small kiss on it. Tiffany drew it back and blushed deeply.

Taeyeon's eyes darted from Yuri to Tiffany and back to Yuri, as if she was watching a live Wimbledon game between Federer and Nadal. Her nostrils flared as she saw Yuri kiss the back of Tiffany's hand and Hyoyeon saw this uncanny reaction. The blonde bent backwards and whispered to her brunette lover.

"Nic-babe, did you see what I see?" Hyo tugged her lover.

"Yes babe. Something's fishy with Ms. Tiffany too." Nicole added, referring to their first intuition.

"I think this is going to be one VERY interesting concert."

Both giggled and continued to observe the Yuri, Tiffany and Taeyeon as the clock struck twelve noon. THere was definitely something more tan what meets the eye.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------