'yeon'=lotus

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

"Mianhe Yuri-ah"

"Waeyo Taewoo-oppa?" Yuri asked, a bit concerned on why her older brother was apologizing.

"I couldn't find who purchased it. I've gone through the database up to three years back but it looks like we lost some of our data on some sales. Unfortunately, one of the lost data was also with that necklace. Sorry about that. Although, I actually  have some information I was able to retrieve that might interest you."

Yuri hesitated for a moment. She was thinking whether she should urge herself to go on and dig more information about the necklace. This was a futile and unnecessary search in the first place. She sighed internally and forced herself to just get over her curiosity. "Oh, gureyo oppa? What is it?"

"Well, it looks like the one who bought it asked it to be customed-made since the person is a high-profile character. Looks like from SMent since the check was from an Sment account. Female artist. Were you dating someone from the company Yuri-ah?"

So I guess it's true. Sica's ex lover is from SMent and a female artist. There are only a handful of female stars in SMent but I wonder if this person is still active in her career or is in the company still. Three years could be a long time for someone in entertainment. Could that person be still training? Or maybe she already had debuted? Wait. Yuri. Why are you still doing this? There's no point digging the past. And Jessica might get mad at you once she finds out.

"Anniyo oppa. I just have a friend there. Is that all oppa?" Yuri denied and continued to ask, not listening to her conscience one bit.

"Yeah. Hmmm...."The tone of Taewoo's voice at the other end of the line dissipated but suddenly, he blurted out words as if he discovered something significant. "Oh wait, I also found out the pattern for the pendant was based on a yeon series."

"Yeon?" Yuri repeated what she heard. She was recollecting in her mind what the actual word in Korean meant.

"Ne. You know....the flower, the design of the pendant itself. Lotus translates to yeon in our language. Yeon kkot...meaning lotus flower. Yah. Lil bro, learn your korean properly." Taewoo expertly said like he was some sort of highschool teacher and scolded Yuri for not knowing such a plain and simple word.

Yeon? Wait...I don't get it. Sica said back in the bar it was about a name. Yeon...sooyeon? Was she referring to her name then? 

The male voice continued lecturing on the other end and reported another piece of information he got for Yuri. "Ah, Yuri-ah. I also found a tiny scratch at the back of the pendant when I took a close-up photo last time. I rechecked it with the original design thinking that we could remove the blemish but it seems like it was purposely engraved. You might want to check back on the pendant and see for yourself. Other than that, I have nothing else. Sorry little bro."

Scratch? I didn't notice that. Well, I didn't really paid so much attention to it before. Wait. Where did I place that necklace? Is it in my car? No, must be back at home. Ah. . Yuri, where'd you dump that piece of crap?

"Yoboseyo? Yuri-ah? Are you still there?"

Yuri woke up from her trail of thoughts, quite frustrated too that she might have misplaced the little piece of jewelry. "Ah. Ne Taewoo-oppa. Thanks for trying. You don't have to be sorry. It's not that important though."

"Does that mean I still get my treat?" Taewoo greedily sneered, typical of the big brother attitude taking advantage of Yuri's good nature.

"Yah. That's unfair oppa. You didn't help me much!" Yuri immediately protested, knowing Taewoo was just in for the food.

The male voice growled, just like the bear that he was. "Aish. But you promised Yuri-ah! How can you be so stingy after your successful work with a hallyu star?"

"Looks like everyone has really noticed, even you. Aish. Arasso. Let's eat tonight. I'll also invite Hyoyeon and Nicole. You remember them right?" Yuri exhaled in defeat and succumbed to treating her older guy pal for some grilled meat. She invited Hyo and Nicole along so she wouldn't have to go alone  with another guy. She was thinking of tagging Jessica with her but knowing how much of a lewd womanizer Taewoo was, she'd rather have Jessica kept locked in her studio or at home.

"Oh yeah, yeah. You introduced me to them last time. I think Hyoyeon also got some rings from me from the store. Are those two engaged now to other guys? It's been a while since I've seen them." Taewoo said, sounding like he was trying to get some gossip out of the tanned girl. 

Yuri clicked her tongue. "Aish. Stop meddling with personal lives oppa. Just because you can't catch a girlfriend doesn't mean you can go nosing around in others."

"Mwo? I was just curious. Oh well, I'll see you guys then. Bye Yuri-ah." Taewoo chuckled; he clearly couldn't hide anything from Yuri whom he treated like his younger brother/sister.

"Ne. See you big bear!" Yuri bid goodbye and ended the call. She twirled the handset in her fingers and pouted. She might as well grab a few more bills from her card tonight. Treating the huge bear for dinner could easily dispense her money like water gushing through a crack in a dam.

"Yah. Yuri-ah, I heard my name as well as Nicole's. What are you up to?" Hyoyeon interrupted Yuri's thoughts as she walked back and leaned in towards the tanned girl, leaving the treadmill running on its own. Although Yuri was back a few meters away, nothing could escape Hyoyeon's ears especially when she or her girlfriend is mentioned.

"Oh. You heard? It was Taewoo-oppa. I had to treat him for dinner for helping me out. Say, have you got plans with Nic tonight? Wanna grab dinner with us?" Yuri casually said and invited the blonde dancer with her.

Hyoyeon crossed her arms and shifted her weight on her hips as she tried to recollect the name in her head."Taewoo. Oh you mean that huge polar bear? He tried hitting on me and Nicole at the same time the last time we met! That man is hopeless."

Yuri scoffed once she heard what Hyoyeon said. "Oh, that's why. He'll be shocked to know you two are actually together. Serves him right though. He's such a girl chaser. So wanna go?"

"As long as he doesn't hit on my girl. But yeah, sure Yuri-ah. Nic-baby and I can go with you. I'll tell my baby when I get back t the dance school." Hyoyeon flipped her blonde hair to the side and walked with Yuri back to the running machines.

"Don't worry, that bear's harmless when he's around me. He's just an older bro." Yuri assured her friend and picked up the duffel bag on the right side of the treadmill she used earlier.  "Alright. That's cool then. I'll see you later. I have to get back to my class."

Hyoyeon nodded and waved goodbye as she hopped back into the rolling mat and started back her machine. "Later alligatah!"

---------------------------

To: Jessica

Hi bestie. I'm coming home late tonight. Secretary Park had called me in for a meeting about some Japan plans. Sorry for not coming home last night too. I had dinner with my client...I mean...girlfriend. :)

From:  Tiffany

Jessica replied to Tiffany's message with another text saying that it was okay and she was with Yuri last night so everything was cool. The blonde though ended her message with an evil grin, hoping to tease Tiffany of what she might have possibly done since she had stayed at her girlfriend's house for the night. Jessica just laughed internally as she pressed the send button on her iPhone's screen and settled back into her white ivory couch in the comforts of her own condo unit.

Another beep on her phone alerted Jessica as she was about to put her mobile device on her coffee table. She rushedly swiped the screen thinking it would be Tiffany's reply but she was surprised that it came from her girlfriend, Yuri. Jessica pouted as she read through the message and then she scrunched her nose, feeling agitated.

To: Jessica

Jagiyah. I'm eating dinner with Taewoo, an older brother and friend for tonight. I had to repay him for helping me out over some matters. Hyo and Nicole are also going with me. I'm sorry I can't see you tonight. Don't wait for me too coz I just might head back to my apartment. I had full classes today plus some extra ones. I'll just make it up to you jagiyah. Okay? Please don't get mad. Saranghae Sica.

From: Seobang

Jessica continued to pout as she reread the message. 

Hmmppff...Yah. Yuri-ah. Why didn't you even invite me? Going off on a date with an older brother. Seobang, are you cheating on me now? Hmmpff... Let's see... but Hyo and Nicole are with her...I guess it's just a friendly catch-up dinner....Seobang Pabo. Aish. I guess I'll have some alone time instead. 

The blonde stood up from her seat and tossed her phone on top of the cushions. She retreated to her kitchen and grabbed a glass of fruit juice from her fridge. She plopped herself on the high chairs over her countertop and surveyed her white-laden cook room. Obviously, it was white because she hasn't done any cooking much to herself. A few splatters on the stove top can be seen though since Yuri had been visiting her more often and cooking dinner for themselves. A tiny grin began to form on Jessica's cheeks. 

Feeling a bit hot and dissatisfied with her drink's temperature, Jessica jumped off from the high chair and took the glass with her. She stuck her glass through a boxed opening within her fridge and pressed the lever. Cubes of glassy cold ice bounced off from the dispenser and into the contents of the glass container. Suddenly, Jessica's thoughts warped back into her past as she stared at the ice cubes clumping and floating on top of her drink.

-------flashback------

"Annyong. Jeonun Taeyeon imnida... Ehroom e mo ehyo?" (Hello. I'm Taeyeon. What's your name?)

Taeyeon greeted shyly to another girl who was alone in one of the training rooms in the old SMent building. She had spotted the thin framed girl that was squatting on the floor when she was on her way to her own dance classes. The semi-blonde locks and full bangs on her head had caught Taeyeon's attention and much more when she was able to glimpse more of the other female's face.

"..."

The one on the floor timidly raished her chin up but resumed back to glueing some petals on a recycled paper card. She was neither smiling nor glowering at Taeyeon when their gaze met.

"Ah. Ergghh...Did I disturb you? Sorry...I was just wondering why you were alone here."

"..."

Another spurt of silence met Taeyeon's questions and somehow her concern was just met by a sense of distressing lack of enthusiasm from the other girl. Sensing that Taeyeon was still standing in front of her, the petite one glared back up to Taeyeon's face while patting down on the petals she had glued a moment ago. Most often, people who approaced that girl for the first time would just shrug their shoulders and leave, however, Taeyeon remained standing and continued conversing.

"Hehehe...gee...you're kinda scary with that stare. Ah...erm... It actually feels kind of chilly in here. Aren't you cold?" Taeyeon said sheepishly, smiling, and tucked her hands in her vest's pockets.

The frail girl who was now aware of Taeyeon's insistence in staying inside the room remained mute. Unnoticing the slight chill inside the room, she shook her head from side to side, puffing her cheeks, and stared at the floor. With her hands, she continued on arranging some dried pieces of florals on her mini paper canvass.

"Oh. Then I guess it's just me. Brrr... Aish. I think the company has to fix the AC in this room." Taeyeon commented, sinking into a squat right next to the other girl and periodically inspecting the artwork on the floor.

Silence passed by the conversation again. If Taeyeon wasn't sitting right next to another body, she would have been easily mistaken as someone who was talking to herself. Since the semi-blonde was not initiating any words with Taeyeon, the idol trainee decided to move and leave.

"I'm sorry. You might have wanted to be alone. I'll go now. I hope to see you again, somehow." Taeyeon apologized and adjusted her position so she could stand up from her squat.

"Ah...." the semi-blonde uttered, raising her hand in protest which was heard and seen by Taeyeon.

Finally the other girl spoke. Taeyeon sat back down and pulled her knees to her chest. She replied to the other in a hum."Hmm?" 

Feeling utterly shy again, the semi-blonde shook her head and shut her eyes, unable to form words from .

"Are you seriously just gonna shake your head? It's hard to have a conversation that way, y'know?" Taeyeon sighed as she looked back at the gal beside her.

"I--I'm Sooyeon. Nice to meet you." Jessica introduced herself in English as soon as she heard Taeyeon add in 'y'know' in her sentence.

"Woah! Engrish!?! No wonder you were silent!" Taeyeon cried out and she frantically recalled her English class and tried to introduce herself back in the foreign tongue. "Uhmm...ah...hi...he-llow...Me...na-muh...ish Taeyeon. uhmmm...chingu..chingu...fu-wen-duh? I...you...fwenduh? I'm...ugh...seventeen...years olduh. Uhm...ni-suh...meeting you."

Jessica finally smiled as she listened to the broken pieces of English that came out of the other teen. Her pronunciation was hard and Jessica could barely understand what the other female was muttering. She broke into a chuckle as she continued talking back in Korean.

"Ne. Chingu yah. I'm 16 but I'll be turning 17 soon. We can be friends, if it's alright with you. I know you should be my unnie but I'd like it if we could be comfortable with each other."

"Aaahh! You can talk long sentences! And you can speak Korean! Aish. jinja. You almost had my tongue twisted. You should have said so in the first place!" Taeyeon exclaimed while scratching her head.

Jessica chuckled some more at the frustrated expression on the slightly shorter gal's face. "You're fine. I'm sorry. I'm just used to hearing English. So when you said y'know, I thought you also spoke the language. I'm also sorry if I don't recognize you, it's my first time here in this company."

"Ah. Gureyo?" Taeyeon replied and spread her short legs in front of her. She then leaned back by using her arms as support."Well, looks like you are new. You're alone. Are you a trainee too?"

"I don't have a lot of friends and I only know a few people. I just started my acting classes a week ago." Jessica mumbled in her meek voice as she changed her sitting position by placing her legs on one side, just like a lady.

"Oh...so you're studying to become an actress?" Taeyeon asked, turning her head towards Jessica and checking out the other gal from head to toe.

Jessica tucked a strand of stray hair from her face and placed it behind her ear. Afterwhich, she adjusted her bangs and timidly replied."Eo. I got casted from my school. I came from the US about 2 years ago. How about you?"

With gleaming eyes and a smug on her face, Taeyeon boasted back, patting her chest and fist pumping into the air."Ah. Nah? I'm training to become an idol. I've been here for about 6 months, doing singing and dance classes. I'm gonna be a super star!" 

Jessica giggled as Taeyeon realized she had quite embarrassed herself on a new acquaintance. "Oh. An idol huh? You must sing really well then." 

"Anniyo. Just average. Although I hope I can get better. As of now, I can't par to my unnie and I also got a friend who's pretty much at the same level as I am. We three still have a long way to go before debut. It'll be great once we do since it has always been our dream." Taeyeon humbly said. Blood had rushed to her cheeks and she started to feel herself redden. In an attempt to change the topic, Taeyeon inquired on the arranged flowers on paper. "Anyway, what's that?"

"Huh?" Jessica got baffled but understood what Taeyeon meant when the latter pointed out the scattered art materials on the floor. "Oh, this? It's a pressed flower card I made. I love making crafts out of blooms. It's been a hobby of mine." 

"They're really pretty. So I guess you love flowers then?" Taeyeon said, admiring the loose petals which she also picked up.

"Ah. Eo. I make them into presses so I could preserve their beauty, just like a painting. They're just so lovely and beautiful to look at." Jessica asserted  back, glad that someone else had found her little hobby worth looking at.

"That's cool. "Taeyeon remarked and averted her gaze from the card and into Jessica's doll-like face. "You're also beautiful."

"Huh?" Jessica heard the compliment from the other girl and she blushed in an instant.

"I mean you are pretty, just like those flowers." Taeyeon repeated. She didn't know why she uttered those words but she wanted to let the other know that she greatly appreciates Jessica's beauty.

"Thanks. You yourself are pretty. I bet you'd look like some sort of goddess once you get older." Jessica flattered back, not to repay what Taeyeon said but she herself also found the other gal attractive.

"Gure? A goddess huh? That's the first time I've heard that compliment." Taeyeon smiled from ear to ear. Her heart was starting to beat in an erratic pace, although she was still oblivious to why she was feeling that way. It almost felt like she was running out of breath, just like after finishing practice. She composed herself and faced back at Jessica. "Say, are you doing something after your class?"

"No. I'll be heading home after. Why?" Jessica asked with raised brows. Her icy nature started to form crystals again.

Taeyeon paused before making the invitation. She sensed an unnerving aura around the other and she was afraid she would scare her or worse scare herself. "I was just wondering if you'd like to get some snacks after. Just for ice cream maybe. I'd like to know you better...Sooyeon, right?" 

Jessica warmed up again and smiled back, much to Taeyeon's relief. "Ah. That's really nice of you, Taeyeon. I'd love to."

The older gal celebrated internally, imagining herself doing a kkab dance in her mind and then something hit her, after hearing both their names consecutively. "Such a coincidence. Both our names end in yeon. That's amazing. daebak."

"Lotus." Jessica interjected.

"Huh?" Taeyeon asked back, this time, her raising her brows.

"I said lotus. You know, the water plant. It's just that yeon means lotus in English." Jessica lectured. She started to clean up the mess she made with the petals and paper on the floor. "Although your name should translate to the word calm, right? Taeyeon-yeon...a calm lotus..."

"Oooohh. That's right. That's cool. Hehe. You do really like flowers." Taeyeon said, making sure she remembered the interesting detail between their names.

"JUMTAENG!!! YAH! Where the heck are you? JUMTAENG!!!"

A loud voice was shouting from the hallway which Taeyeon recognized as someone who had been her friend ever since she started training at SMent. 

"Aigoo. That little kid's at it again." Taeyeon complained as she scooted over behind Jessica's back and signalled the semi-blonde to keep quiet.

"Taeyeon?! Where are you? Classes will start in 15 minutes. We have to warm-up!" Another voice called out, this time more mature and authoritative than the previous.

Jessica packed most of her papers back in her envelope and glanced at her back as Taeyeon murmurred in another complaint of defeat. "Ah. crap. it's BoA-unnie."

"You know BoA-unnie?" Jessica inquired since she also knew of the older sister inside the company.

"YAH! There you are you danshin!" a girl of similar height to Taeyeon yelled entering the small room as she spotted the other hiding behind Jessica's back. 

"Aish. Shut up Soonkyu! We have the same height so you're calling yourself a dwarf too!" Taeyeon barked back and stood up. Jessica followed Taeyeon up on her feet and the small gal who just came in was followed by none other than BoA.

"Sooyeon?" BoA uttered aloud in shock. She didn't expect to find Jessica within a dance training room.

"Ah. BoA-unnie. Nice to see you again." Jessica replied and bowed respectfully back at the older girl.

With a faint smile on her face, BoA decided to take some time to ask about Jessica's state in the company."Same here. So how are your acting classes going? Is it hard? Seems like becoming an actress would be rough."

"Anniyo. It's been good. I've been getting a lot of help from the teachers. I've been able to practice my Korean well, too." Jessica meekly replied. Taeyeon and Soonkyu just watched on the sidelines as the two conversed like they knew each other even before they had met their BoA-unnie.

"That's really nice to hear. I see you've met Taeyeon here. By the way, this other shortie is Soonkyu." BoA introduced by patting the head of the other gal who was in front of her. 

Soonkyu immediately swiped the hand away from her head as BoA had intentionally flattened out the little ponytail that Soonkyu did to her hair. "Unnie!!! I am not short! I still have several years to grow!"

"Shush Soonkyu. You and Taeyeon are not called the danshin duo for nothing." BoA scolded playfully, earning also a scowl from the other danshin behind Jessica.

"Oh hi. I'm Sooyeon. Nice to meet you Soonkyu." Jessica brought out her hand and introduced herself in the most lady-like manner.

Soonkyu pouted and looked at Jessica while giving her the head-to-toe inspection. She reached out and shook Jessica's hand in return. "Nice meeting you, too. Good luck on becoming an actress. The three of us, me, BoA-unnie and Taeyeon are going to become---"

"Idols. I know. Taeyeon here has just told me about it." Jessica cut in and pursed her lips as she referred to the girl who broke her silence earlier.

BoA immediately noticed the light atmosphere between Jessica and Taeyeon and commented on it."Looks like you two are getting along fine. Nice to know that Sooyeon has met new people."

"BoA-unnie. We have to go. We only have 10 minutes left to warm-up before practicing dance again. Thanks to you Jumtaeng, we wasted our time searching." Soonkyu reminded her two friends and playfully jeered and heckled at Taeyeon.

The other danshin just grimaced at Soonkyu while crossing her arms together and raising her head. "Mwo? I didn't ask for you to go and look for me anyway." Soonkyu charged at Taeyeon and both raised their heels and bumped their heads to challenge each other.

"Aish. Will you two fight later?" BoA parted the two heads with bare hands and pushed them aside. Partly embarassed by being surrounded by two immature girls, BoA excused herself in front of Jessica. "Sooyeon, excuse us but we better go. I'll see you on the weekend if that's okay. I still need help on my English."

"You teach unnie English?" Taeyeon stopped her chidish act and fixed herself in front of Jessica.

"Ah. yeah. She welcomed me last week here and we got to know each other a bit. She asked me to teach her some conversational English on her spare time." the semi-blonde replied sheepishly as she glanced back at Taeyeon who was now wearing a huge grin on her face. 

"You should teach me too." Taeyeon exclaimed in glee, hoping to spend more time with Jessica.

"Hello? We have to go! We're going to be punished by Jaewon-songsaengnim at this rate." Soonkyu whined, a bit irritated from the excited Taeyeon that was conversing still with Jessica. 

"Arasso. Go ahead Soonkyu."BoA commanded and pushed the shortie in front of her out of the room. Soonkyu just stomped her feet for she didn't want to disobey her BoA-unnie. The oldest gal in the room turned back briefly and bid goodbye to Jessica.

Taeyeon followed the other two out while also saying her farewell. "Bye Sooyeon."

"Uhm. Taeyeon. Wait. You can have this." Jessica stopped Taeyeon by grabbing her wrist and slowly she tucked a small card that she finished decorating with the pressed flowers. Taeyeon lifted the card up her face and admired the deftness in the artwork. 

Taeyeon smiled back at Jessica, such that her eyes had squinted into mere lines."Oh. Thanks. Will keep this for sure. So I'll see you later after training? Which room will you be at?"

Jessica paused for a while before she realized that Taeyeon was going to pick her up from class afterwards. The older gal was like a gentleman even though she was a girl. Jessica's heart beat skipped as she replied. "I'll be on the second floor. First room to the right after the stairs."

"Alright. See you."

----------end of flashback----------

Jessica swirled her glass as the ice cubes had melted away. 

Should I just tell Yuri about Taeyeon? It's been nagging my head for quite some time. I mean, it's nothing important because we're already together. It's not like I'm gonna go back to Taeyeon if we meet again. But what if Seobang finds out that I had a realtionship with a hallyu star? Will she feel bad? 

And BoA-unnie...I wonder why she visited me all of a sudden? Has Taeyeon been cold all this time just because of me? And why did Soonkyu leave after I did? She should have been there for Taeyeon as a friend.

Sigh. Why do I feel scared? Seobang. Yuri-ah. I need you to hug me again tonight. I don't think the next days will be pleasant.

----------------------

A few days have gone by on that week and by Thursday morning, Soonkyu was visited by someone in her special training room.  She was dancing with determination and focus that noone could deter. Even though she was sweating like a waterfall, she swayed and matched her teacher's moves. Her instructor had been pushing her towards her limits for the past few days but Sunny was able to meet the demands and even surpass expectations. 

More steps was heard on the wooden floorboard and Jaewon turned his head at the sudden entry of another person in the room. He immediately stopped when he recognized the visitor and bowed down 90 degrees.

"Ah. CEO Lee. Annyonghaseyo." 

Sunny abruptly stopped from dancing and rushed to the portable player to end the music. Same as what her teacher did, Sunny bowed down in a greeting. "Annyonghaseyo."

"Jaewon-ssi. Nice to see you. How's the training with Soonkyu?" the CEO of SMent greeted back at the choreographer and asked.

Jaewon took a deep breath to normalize his breathing before commending on his student. "She's been great, sir! It's as if she never left the company. She learned one of the routines I choreographed in a matter of two days and perfected it. She sure does wants to be a hallyu star. If she keeps up this spirit, it won't be hard for her to qualify as a new artist in this company."

"Good. That's really good then." the old man clapped his hands in satisfaction. He walked over to the younger male and placed his hand over the shoulder and requested. "Jaewon-ssi, if you don't mind. Could leave us for a couple of minutes so I could chat with Soonkyu. I just have some matters I need to talk with her, personally."

"Not at all sir." Jaewon replied respectfully before turning his torso back to Sunny's direction. "Soonkyu...I mean, Sunny... Let's take a break for 15 minutes before we get back on dancing. Okay?"

"Okay. Thanks Jaewon-seonsaengnim." Sunny bowed slightly in affirmation. The choreographer grabbed his notebook from one of the chairs and left the room discreetly.

Once Sunny sensed that it was just two people who were alone in the room, she asked and addressed the company CEO in a more informal manner."What is it that you want talk about uncle?"

The CEO walked over near the corner of the room and grabbed a bottle of mineral water. He then tossed it to his niece which was caught with ease. "It's not that important. Just wanna see how you are doing."

"I've been great uncle. Never been better actually." Sunny replied after taking a gulp from the bottle. Her uncle paused facing the mirrors in front of the training room and he then he went pacing with his hands at his back, inspecting the floors.

"Well, actually, Soonkyu. I've been thinking. I'm planning to debut you both here in Korea and Japan. Since you were already getting a bit of fame back there, it would be a great time to also seize the opportunity and introduce you in Japan. And because of that, I was wondering if you've already thought of someone that could help you with your schedules." CEO Lee said in a business like manner, opposite to the usual doting uncle.

Sunny took a towel from her bag and patted her neckline. She had not thought of that small detail in becoming an artist and all the while she thought it was already settled by her BoA-unnie. "Well, can't manager Chilmoo also take charge of me?"

"No, Soonkyu. Manager Chilmoo's been with BoA-ssi lately." Sunny's uncle shook his head and wrinkled his forehead. He raised his hand to his chin and started mumbling. "I was actually thinking of someone that might be more close to you. Say, didn't you mention to me once that your singing partner in Japan composes songs for the two of you? And she's quite fluent in Japanese. I was thinking if you could convince her to be part of SMent too."

"You mean Sooyoung uncle?" Sunny dropped her hand to her side and asked.

"Oh, is that her name? Yeah. I actually listened to some of her works, including the single you'll be releasing and I'm impressed. I was wondering if she could also partly handle you as somehow her manager. I mean, it's not much difference since she took care of you when you were in Japan, am I right?" CEO Lee continued to pace in his steps and eventually stopped in front of Sunny. His niece began to wander in her own thoughts as she recollected the times she had with Sooyoung in Japan.

"Now that you mention it uncle. You're actually right. She did look out for me most of the time and out of the candidates for becoming a manager, I would actually prefer her. Then she could also harness her songwriting skills with the proper equipments from this company." Sunny babbled excitedly, the tone in her voice rising in a crescendo. "That is so smart, uncle!"

"Well, I did not become CEO for nothing my little Soonkyu." the old man said while pinching the cheeks of her niece. "So, do you think you could convince this Sooyoung then?"

Sunny pouted and replied with her usual aegyo. "Uhmm...you'll have to lend me some money though uncle. And you have to tell me where you could get the finest buffet here in Seoul."

"Huh? Why? What has that got to do with convincing your friend?" CEO Lee stepped back, thinking it was her niece who was trying to swindle money from him.

"Uncle. It takes more than money to convince her. The only way to bribe that giant is through food." Sunny declared as she placed one of her hands on her waist and the other in front of her face in a fist.

"Okay then Soonkyu. Whatever you say. Just ask for it from my secretary."CEO Lee chuckled while looking at the funny pose his niece had. He then patted Sunny's head and walked off towards the direction of the door. "Keep up the good work. I'll see you."

"Ah Ne. Uncle. Gomawo!!!" Sunny shouted back in glee while bowing in respect. "Take care!"

==========================================================================================================

yey...update....ugh

anyway, i was ROFLing the moment I saw Shinee's new MV...I was like wtf?!? (not because I don't like Shinee but because I found some interesting details)here's  thr link btw.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kyG5tTZ1iE&feature=g-all-lik&context=G2853cd6FAAAAAAAAMAA

ok so here it goes...Jessica's in the MV as a ghost...then there's the painting, flower, wax seal, the one letter signature and the necklace as clues...then I looked back on my story...and I was like...eh?? painting/s(Sica's an a painter in this fic)..check..flowers (larkspurs and lilies though, not carnation)...check...wax seal (mine's on the card-check on chaps with Tae receiving the flowers... it's in the envelope and painting in the Shinee vid)...check...signature (I used S instead of J because it'll be too obvious for my story, same font though! HAHA!)...check...necklace (lotus pendant...the one in the MV looked like a teardrop/oval? not sure but still it's about a necklace)...check...@[email protected]! too much coincidence? the heck? am i in some sort of twilight zone right now?

HAHAHA..nah, i'm just kidding guys...although, admit it, it's quite interesting, right? 

anyway, here's another fill in chapter dedicated to linking more clues...Yuri's still in oblivion. it will take her more than the necklace to figure it out...*wink wink! 

hope you enjoy ^^,