Splash! Fizzle...

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

The blue 2010 Toyota Prius screeched to a stop at the basement garage of the new SMent building. A petite female emerged from the car in a black and white sweater with her blonde black locks shining brightly in the lightly dimmed car park.

Yuri rolled the window down in her car. "Hey Taengoo. Call me when you're done. I can come and pick you up. It'll be hard for you to take a cab plus you don't have a manager to get you around. Do you understand?"

Taeyeon bent down and scooted her huge Rayban shades down her nose. "Arasso. Thanks buddy. I'll see you later."

The tiny hallyu star raised her hand saying goodbye to the tanned girl in the car and the Prius sped off leaving the building. Taeyeon then walked up to the elevator and went inside. She pressed button 8 for her destination and leaned back. She rummaged through her bag looking for her phone when the the elevator doors opened on the 2nd floor. Casually, she looked up to see who was coming. She paused and her expression changed into a scornful look. The person in front of her was the last person she'd want to see in the company on any day. It was no other than her rival.

BoA.

Ever since Taeyeon debuted and entered the music scene, ties and relations between people had come and go. BoA was not an exception. She was her unnie, a close older sister, during the training days. Everything was randy dandy between them but things changed as time flew by. As Taeyeon escalated in her fame, everything just turned for the worse between them. SMent dubbed Taeyeon as the 2nd BoA since her rise to fame followed the footsteps of the original artist and everyone admired the two stars for their hard work and popularity. However, obscured to the audience and the management, this title bestowed on Taeyeon lit a fuse of competition between the two which somehow aggravated into hate. Taeyeon knew very well she didn't start the war but she sure did not want to back down from BoA. Taeyeon wanted to prove to everyone, especially to BoA, that she was a star on her own name and not just a copycat of someone else.

 

The heck. Of all days! Why does it have to be you? Damn luck!  Taeyeon thought repeatedly.

 

The first acclaimed hallyu star wore a black couture cocktail dress which showed her long bronze legs. Over her fit body frame, she togged a salmon pink coat that had cheetah hide animal imprints. Her whole fashion sense was screaming hallyu in every way which was quite expected from a world-reknowned artist. BoA noticed Kim Taeyeon in front of her and walked in but neither of  them greeted nor bowed to each other.

Seeing that the eighth floor button was already pressed, BoA leaned in and pressed seven. She then crossed her arms and poised arrogantly opposite to Taeyeon. The doors closed and slowly the lift ascended.

"I heard you ditched your manager again Kim", BoA gibed at Taeyeon once the door sealed shut. 

The hell? How the heck did she know about that? This was supposed to be just between me and the management!

Taeyeon looked at BoA through her shades from top to toe and then back to top. She was not allowing herself to be trampled by the other hallyu star in the elevator.

"So what BoA...unnie." Taeyeon jibed at her remark raising her brow and looked forward, ignoring the earlier comment.

"So it is true? Typical Kim Taeyeon. Still unprofessional, I see. You never can separate your personal issues from work and yet, you call yourself a hallyu star? Ha! Wake up from your little dream kiddo? That's not how hallyu stars shoud be."

Taeyeon felt her blood rush to her ears. I have no time and energy to deal with you BoA. Get out of my face! Why the hell is this lift taking too long?

 

*ding

 

The elevator stopped and opened its doors. Right before BoA walked out, she sneered at Taeyeon.

 

"Beat it Kim Taeyeon. 2nd BoA? Please, more like zero BoA. Give up! You're no hallyu star." 

 

BoA's heels clicked like icicles on the cold metal floor of the lift. Her hurtful words hit Taeyeon like daggers which stabbed her where she stood. The dubbed hallyu star couldn't hold her anger as the elevator doors closed again. She was fuming but she couldn't express her fury. She was like a volcano with a plugged crater.

The elevator doors opened up again and Taeyeon stepped out into the 8th floor. She just stood there for a couple more minutes dissipating the exasperation within her.

She walked down the long hallway to the conference rooms. Along the walls of the hallway were posters of the different artists handled by the company. She slowly walked by each one as she was searching for someone in particular.

Taeyeon spotted one of BoA's posters. It was a poster of BoA's first album release and right next to it were the other posters from the other records. She stood in front of one and focused on BoA's face. The rage she felt just a few moments ago came back. Without hesitation, she grabbed the poster off the wall and started shredding it in her hands. With each tear, she felt better as she gritted her teeth for reprisal.

----------------------------------------

After taking her first official ride to her new workplace, Tiffany decided to calm herself down first from all her anticipation. She put on a pair of faux eyeglasses and checked herself inthe mirror in one of the washrooms. She fixed her hair and readjusted her coat. She chose to wear her dark rimmed spectacles to give that certain professional look in her fashion. 

Pouting her lips, she then took her lip gloss from her hand bag and reapplied the pink liquid. Smacking her lips in satisfaction, she gave herself a tiny nod of approval and swiftly recollected all her stuff.

Slowly, she got out of the bathroom and scanned the area for any refreshements.  She was totally parched so she decided to purchase a small can of soda to quench her thirst from a nearby vending machine. She opened the can and drank from it, satisfied from the bubbly drink in . In a distance, she instantly noticed a small figure facing an array of posters at the hallway. Tiffany clipped her hand bag as she walked by the person, slowly getting impressed with the other girls' features.

There are so many beautiful women here in Korea. First Yuri from the airport and now this girl. Wow...

The petite girl was acually appealing despite the small stature. Tiffany couldn't see much of her face due to the huge wayfarers blocking the eyes but the paper white flawless skin attracted her the most. The girl was somehow glowing and the added pepero hair look made her look more adorable. If it weren't for the huge stern look on the other girl, Tiffany would have actually hit on her instantly.

Shaking her thoughts of actually picking up another woman in her soon-to-be workplace, Tiffany managed to walk past the other figure but Tiffany paused as soon as she saw that the other person was actually staring at BoA's picture, her ultimate idol.

 

Ah! BoA!!! Wow, she looks so hot in that picture. Just you wait my idol, I'll get to work with you soon enough!

 

Tiffany's fangirling started again. Boa was the main reason she joined SMent in the first place and why she agreed to be restationed in Seoul, away from her original birthplace. Tifanny started squealing in her brain while she got reminded again that she was right next to the girl she admired a few seconds ago. She peeked to the girl's left side but the other girl seem to be deep in her thoughts. Tiffany just smiled behind her.

 

This girl must also be a fan of BoA too. Just like me. Ah! Look at her! Man, she's pretty cute. She's mesmerized by BoA's awesomeness, too! Maybe I should try and get her number. It would be great to date someone who's also a BoA fan. It wouldn't hurt if I give it a try.

 

The huge smile plastered on Tiffany's face suddenly broke as a horrified look replaced it when she saw the other girl tear down her idol's  poster and started on ripping it to small pieces. Tiffany's eyes widened as she couldn't bear seeing her beloved idol disgraced by this antifan. 

Without even thinking, she reached out and grabbed the other girl's arm and pulled the torn pieces of the poster.

"Yah! Why are you doing this? How dare you do this to BoA? How dare you disrespect her!" Tiffany cried as she got into a mini tug-o-war with the other girl.

-------------------------------------------

Taeyeon was completely surprised when somebody grabbed her arm from behind. She spun around and saw this girl with long black hair. She looked like a university student with her round dark-rimmed glasses and black coat. Taeyeon stepped back a little. Oddly, she was mesmerized with the other girl. Slightly taller, brunette, good figure, looks professional and quite a face. She was actually quite a looker, a head-turner at least, however, all of the good features were suddenly overshadowed by the fact that the girl had a tight grip on her arm and was pulling her like crazy.

"Are you a crazy fan? Let go!" Taeyeon cried back. Her shades slightly slid down the bridge of her nose and Taeyeon's dark brown eyes glowered at Tiffany.

"No." Tiffany exclaimed, completely adamant on teaching Taeyeon a thing or two about destroying Sment property, even though it was merely a poster out of a hundred that was plastered all over the building.

Wow...this girl doesn't even recognize me as Kim Taeyeon! 

Taeyeon was apalled. It was the first time somebody had dared to step up to her and challenge her. Nobody dared to do that before ever since she became a hallyu star. Not meaningfully bragging but Taeyeon knew everyone in the building somehow respected her and her fame yet his unknown person just forcefully reprimanded her.

"I said let go! Don't you even know me?" Taeyeon tugged. Tiffany's rudeness was starting to get on her nerves.

"No! I don't and I don't even care!" Tiffany fought back. She had no idea at all that she was fighting with a hallyu star.

The hallyu star's eyes widened at the constant protest and she detested every bit of it. Her brows were already meetin in the middle of her forehead while she gritted her teeth. Taeyeon pulled harder which caused the other girl's hands to sway towards her  when suddenly something happened that was totally unexpected, for Taeyeon at least.

 

*splashhhh~~~~~~~

*fizzle fizzle

 

The can of coke rolled on the floor and Taeyeon's sweater was soaked with the sticky soda. Most of the contents had poured onto her top and Taeyeon's temperature rose again as she was about to erupt. She was just staring at the soda can, fuming when a hand suddenly reached down and picked it up. Taeyeon's gaze shifted from the hand and then to the brunette's face. Tiffany saw that the other girl was changing from white to red and surely it wasn't because of blushing. After picking up the can and leaving a small puddle of soda on the floor, Tiffany casually composed herself.

"It's your fault why you got my can spilled. Karma I guess. Anyway, that's for ripping BoA's poster." Tiffany vexed as she stuck her tongue out to Taeyeon. 

"What?" Taeyeon just gasped at the harsh remark from the brunette.

The girl in black then walked onwards leaving Taeyeon standing in place dripping wet and dumbfounded. Taeyeon had not gotten a chance to reply nor curse back at the brunette as the other girl swiftly disappeared from her sight. Ireful and repulsed,Taeyeon resorted to squeeze out the liquid from her sweater.

How childish!!!  Damn BoA fangirl!

Taeyeon wiped herself and cursed under her breath. She meant to chase after the crazy fangirl but she knew she had no time for some stupid argument. Totally pissed off, she rushed to the nearest washroom to clean herself up.

Inside the washroom, she grabbed a bunch of paper towels and dabbed her sweater hoping to remove as much liquid as she could. She then faced a hand dryer near the sink and tried to exsicate the remaining sticky cola. She threw all the used paper towels into the trashbin then grabbed a few more before she exited. Right about the tme she got out, a man in his forties was panning the floor in search of a person. He stopped a few meters before Taeyeon and raised his hand. 

"There you are Taeyeon-ssi", Mr. Kwan, one of the secretaries in the company exclaimed. "We've been waiting for you. Please follow me."

Since Taeyeon was incredibly annoyed, she merely nodded to the older man and mindlessly followed Mr. Kwan into one of the small conference rooms. 

"Please be seated. We'll be here shortly, Ms. Kim."

Taeyeon just waved fingers in somehow a shooing manner as she busily dabbed on her sweater. All her effort was futile and a clear coke stain can be seen on the fabric. Finally she gave up, knowing it's all useless now.

She slumped into one of the swivel chairs in despair. She remebered her morning with the antifan articles, the dreary elevator encounter with BoA and the crazy stupid fangirl who just spilled her cola on her favorite sweater. She finally screamed in her head, releasing all the tension she'd been having for the day.

This has been the worst day in my existence!

Taeyeon's thoughts drifted as she slipped into a mental meditation. She had to calm her nervesdown before meeting with the company boss. She had to tackle one problem at a time.

Alright. Breathe Taeyeon. Breathe. Calm yourself down.

Slowly, Taeyeon relaxed herself. In her mind, she was convincing herself that the day will get better however, unknown to her, her fate that day might be twisted just a little bit further.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------