Puzzle pieces

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

 

"Seobang." Jessica greeted Yuri as she opened the door to her condo unit. Jessica was still in her business attire but had pulled her blazer off. Yuri walked hurriedly inside and placed the bags directly into Jessica's kitchen counter. Jessica followed Yuri like a little puppy. Once her hands were free, the tanned girl reverted back to her lover and hugged her.

"Sica-Jagiyah. mmmmmwaahhhhh" Yuri finally greeted back and followed her hug with a long deep kiss on Jessica's lips. It took a while before they peeled off each other and Jessica somehow fell into pure bliss as she tasted Yuri's lips once again in . Once her 'husband' had let go, Jessica fluttered her eyelids and sank into Yuri's arms.

"Yah. Igo mwoyah? What's with the sudden affection? I told you I won't be in the mood for THAT. I already used up my last paint set for my exhibit." Sica playfully joked while clinging her arms around Yuri's neck. She mischievously caressed Yuri's nape which sent shocks to Yuri's spine.

"Anni. I'm not even thinking of that. I just wanted you to feel that I love you Sica." Yuri straightened up and looked into Jessica's eyes, speaking with utmost sincerity. Jessica drowned into the black pearl's bottomless stare and she slowly closed the distance between their heads and paused right before they touched their nose.

"Getting cheesy, are you now Seobang?" Jessica said amidst rubbing her nose against the taller girl."Na bogo shippo?"

Yuri nodded and scrunched her nose, expressing her annoyance of not seeing her girl for the past two days."Uhuh. Yes jagiyah. It's ridiculous why you have to go up mountains for a bunch of flowers. And you went without me. Isn't a lily enough for you?"

Jessica giggled and placed her head against Yuri's shoulders. She gently whispered into Yuri's ear."Are you refferring to yourself Seobang?"

"Uhummm" Yuri shortly answered as she placed her hands unto Jessica's slim waist.

"Cheesy and cocky now. Yah. What's wrong with you Yuri-ah?" the blonde pulled off from resting her head on the brunette's shoulders, looking intently into Yuri's face for any change in expression.

Yuri swiped Jessica's bangs on the petite girl's forehead and voiced out."Nothing jagiyah. I just realized how important you are to me. I'm just happy I'm with you. Earlier today, I just got reminded that no matter what your past is, I wouldn't care. As long as you're here. With me."

The blonde one couldn't contain her happiness as she embraced Yuri's words. She slid her hand down from Yuri's neck and positioned her right hand over Yuri's heart.

"You won't leave me, right? Sica?" Yuri questioned, gripping the tiny-framed girl in her strong hands. Jessica merely chuckled at Yuri's out of the blue question.

"Yah. Have you slipped somewhere Seobang? I think we need to go to the hospital and have you checked up." Jessica kidded to break the gloomy conversation.

"Andwaee. I'm serious Sica." Yuri shook Jessica by the waist and continued asking. "What if you see your ex? Are you going to leave me?"

Jessica had not seen Yuri so vulnerable before. Just like how her name translates to a flower, Yuri was also like a glass before her, fragile and easily breakable. Jessica replied calmly and asserted Yuri's thoughts "Aish. Seobang... remember that time when I gave you the necklace? I had already told you I moved on. I can't be with no one else if I haven't moved on. I'm with you now, understand?  Plus I already told her. I had asked her for forgiveness and I can only hope that she'll find it in her heart that she would. My wish is that she'd also gain her happiness."

"I am with you now and will not leave you, my Lily-ah." Jessica finished off while holding Yuri tight, her head nuzzled warmly on the taller girl's chest.

Yuri felt secured by Jessica's words and warm touch but suddenly she got confused when Jessica mentioned that she had asked forgiveness and wished for happiness for her past lover. The tanned girl pulled away from the embrace and asked the pale princess before her. "You told her you moved on? Wait, how? Did you see your ex?"

Jessica was mildly taken aback but responded promptly to appease the baffled partner "No, not like that. Aish. Seobang, there's no point going back on that. And just to reassure you. I did not see her and I don't think I would. Okay? So quit it with that look. I am and will not ever cheat on you. I will be faithful to my husband."

"Cheongmal?" Yuri asked once more, though she was flustered from the promises that her lover just expressed.

"Jinja cheongmal." Jessica opened her eyes wider and buried her stare into Yuri. She had that icy look that could cower anyone and could only mean that she's dead serious.

The ice princess struck once again but Yuri already knew how to break into the glacial barrier so she tilted her head and challenged the older girl. "Kiss me then so I will believe you."

"Yah. Yuri-ah. Such an abusive Seobang." Jessica complained. Her icy facade quickly melted from Yuri's banter.

"Wae? Why won't my jagiyah kiss me? Does that mean that you're not telling me the tr--------" Yuri started to rant but was shushed when Jessica puckered her lips against her 'husband'. The taller girl couldn't help herself but moan inside Jessica's mouth before the blonde plucked off from her lips.

"Happy now?" Jessica naughtily mocked.

Yuri recollected herself from her daze and joshed. "One more." 

"Yah." Jessica cried out and pushed Yuri against the fridge. "Seobang."

"Yes?" Yuri replied, anticipating for another assault on the lips.

"I thought you were going to cook dinner for me? I'm really tired and sleepy. And now I'm hungry." Jessica complained further, much to Yuri's disappointment.

Yuri sighed as she shooed Jessica away from the kitchen. "Ah. Arasso. Just lie down back on your couch...I'll cook dinner." Yuri turned her back on Jessica and started taking the vegetables out of the grocery bag. Sneakily, Jessica looped her arm around Yuri's waist and the blonde rested her head on Yuri's rather broad back.

"I'd rather rest here. It's much more comfortable."Jessica murmurred against the cotton shirt.

The taller girl reached behind her and patted the blonde's head while a smile slowly curved on the taller girl's cheeks . "Mmmm...Whatever you want Sica-jagiyah."

-------------------------

Taeyeon was alone at the recording studio and was resetting all her work for a song she'd been trying to compose for the past days. She had not realized that she had already spent the whole afternoon locked up in the small padded chamber and it was already night time outside the building. With the giant headphones logged into her ears, she absentmindedly tapped her finger over some keys on the piano breaking the silence like a church bell on a Sunday morning.

She had been trying to focus back on her work after her short break on the first floor of the building but the bob-cut blonde female kept creeping into her mind. She pressed on another key on the piano and the image temporarily dissipated. After trying to erase the silhouette in her head, another female figure comes up, bearing the larkspurs she had received over the years. She could see in her head that that person had already let go of the bouquet of purple flowers and a shiny piece of metal had dropped into a small pond, creating ripples against the calm waters. Round to heart shaped leaves rode the troughs of the rippling water and leveled as the silver disappeared into the darkness.

Frustrated, Taeyeon continued scribbling notes into her music sheet. She paused for a while, examined her work and totally scratched the whole piece of paper, throwing it into the nearby trash can. This time, Tiffany's face raided her thoughts, complete with the heart melting eye-smile she always radiated. Taeyeon managed to smile and leaned back on the huge swivel chair. She brought her hands up to her face and dragged her palm down her cheeks as she closed her eyes.

Yuri's words then resonated in her head. 

There's no use holding on to your past. It is the past. Learn to forgive and forget. What matters is that you have Tiffany by your side.

"What matters is that I have Tiffany." Taeyeon reiterated to herself aloud with her eyes still closed. "My Tiffany. Pany-ah."

"Sleeptalking again Tae?" a husky voice said. Taeyeon shot right out of her chair and stood up, removing the headset off herself.

Tiffany chuckled at the sight of a surprised Kim Taeyeon but she immediately asked her lover if she was okay. "Gwaenchanna Tae?"

Taeyeon hesitated before composing herself. She spun her head towards the door and saw her manager who peeked in and gradually walked inside the studio. Tiffany silently locked the door behind and approached her Taetae.

"Are you okay Tae?" Tiffany repeated her question again and brought her hand up on Taeyeon's forehead. 

Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany's hand and kissed it before replying back. "Ah. yeah, I guess. Just making a new song. I plan on releasing another single. Maybe a ballad this time."

Tiffany caressed Taeyeon's cheeks and tucked the russet hair behind her lover's pierced ears. "My client's too hardworking. You just finished another concert yesterday. You should take a break at least."

"Speak for yourself manager Hwang. You're also working. You had a ton of folders this morning leaving me alone in this lonely room." Taeyeon taunted back while hanging on to Tiffany's arm."Anyway, how'd it go with secretary Park? Done with the reports?"

"Yep." Tiffany replied and casually walked over to Taeyeon's side. She then casually positioned herself and sat down on the older girl's lap, flinging both her arms around Taeyeon's neck at the same time. "All done."

"Yah. Hwang Miyoung. Somebody might see us." Taeyeon warned but was totally ignored by the eye-smiling manager who wriggled in her lap.

"I told you not to call me that." Tiffany pouted. "Plus, you owe me one. You slept last night."

"Mianhe. I'm really sorry about that. I won't drink as much anymore. You know I only did it because I did not want disappoint the sunbaes." Taeyeon rubbed Tiffany's shoulders, hoping the brunette would forgive her. Taeyeon slowly brought her head closer to Tiffany and gave her manager a short peck on the lips. Without warning, Tiffany grabbed on to Taeyeon's collar and pulled the shorter gal into a deeper kiss, contrary to the short light tap Taeyeon gave a few seconds earlier.

After Tiffany pulled away, she repositioned herself and straddled Taeyeon on the swivel chair. "Yah. Tae, you're still not forgiven."

Taeyeon smirked at Tiffany's sensual move and cupped the brunette's chin. "What can I do then to make Pany-ah forgive me?"

The brunette laughed at Taeyeon's forced aegyo and quickly kissed the short gal on her cheek before standing up and readjusting her clothes. "Take me out to dinner then Tae."

Surprised that Tiffany left her embrace, Taeyeon raised her brow and groaned. "Shiro. You know how tiring it is to hide. Would you like my fans to constantly intrude into our dinner?"

Tiffany puffed her cheeks when she realized that her lover was right. She almost forgot she was managing a hallyu star and anywhere Taeyeon would go would surely create a commotion. She wouldn't be able to enjoy her dinner plus she wouldn't be able to express her emotions towards her lover. "I understand. Let's just order some chicken and pizza to your place."

Sighing, Taeyeon gradually noticed the disappointment also in Tiffany's eyes. "Mianhe. Are you mad? Are you regretting for loving a hallyu star like me?" Taeyeon asked while looking the keys on the piano.

"I'm not. Just a bit sad that I can't eat out with you." Tiffany lifted Taeyeon's head and pulled the hallyu star on her feet. She then hugged the older girl tightly in her arms and whispered to her ear in her husky but sincere voice. "I love you Tae. I will never regret loving you."

Taeyeon looped her arms over Tiffany's shoulders and whispered back. "Gomawo Tiffany. I'm so thankful on having you by my side."

The two women stayed in the room, with closed eyes, hugging each other for a few more minutes without uttering a word. They just wanted to feel each other's embrace and hoped that either one wouldn't want to let go. 

Suddenly Tiffany had an idea in her head and pulled off from the hug. "Tae, I know what we can do. We can eat outside."

"Mwoya? Ottoke?" Taeyeon asked but was not able to hear an answer when Tiffany deliberately pulled her off from where she was standing and dragged her out of the studio room. "Yah. Tiffany...manager Hwang. Chakaman!"

---------------------------

"You should try to chew your food Sooyoungie." Sunny said while she stared at her partner devouring the mound of plates before her.

Sooyoung slurped on a bowl of soup before answering the blonde shortie momentarily before showing another spoonful of kimchi into . "I do chew my food." 

"You're just like a vacuum, don't you realize that? Aish.Shikshin. Slow down or else you'll choke." Sunny scolded once more and caught Sooyoung's chopsticks mid-air.

"Yah. Let go of my chopsticks Ms. next-to-be hallyu star." Sooyoung smirked while her cheeks puffed like a balloon filled with food.

"Sooyoungie." Sunny grimaced at her gigantic friend's mockery.

"I was just kidding. C'mon. I'm happy for you Sunny. I'd still be in Japan if I wasn't supporting you a hundred percent on whatever you wanted to accomplish back here in Korea." Sooyoung set her chopsticks on the table and picked up her spoon. "Sunny. I may have been your singing partner but right now, I'm also your biggest fan."

Sunny blushed at her friend's comment, she didn't how she would have survived living alone in another country without the aid of the giant T-rex before her. "Biggest fan? From the looks of it, you'll also end up as my biggest buffet eater."

"Aish. Just eat. It's your treat anyway." Sooyoung chided and continued stuffing fried rice into her waiting mouth. 

Sunny watched Sooyoung devour one plate after another while she peacefully ate at her own pace.

Sooyoung suddenly paused from her ravenous feast and poised a question at the dyed blondie. "So Sunny. When you went to see your uncle. Did you by chance see also Tae..."

"Taeyeon?" Sunny stopped eating and faced the shiksin composer straight. 

"Yeah. Her." Sooyoung used a pronoun as she choked on pronouncing the hallyu star's name. She almost lost her apetite at that instant.

"Nope. I didn't see her. She must have been on a break since she just finished her concert but I did meet her manager. She seemed pretty close to Jumtaeng." Sunny said, recalling the events earlier that morning before she left the SMent building.

"Oh. Didn't you tell me she also ended up being Taeyeon's partner on their dance number at the concert?" Sooyoung hadn't touched her meal anymore.

"Yeah." Sunny agreed. "She seemed nice too."

"So, what are you going to do once you see Taeyeon? Are you going to... confess to her?" the taller yet younger girl on the other end of the table asked.

"Molla. I actually don't know Sooyoungie. She's probably angry because I left her when she needed me the most." Sunny exasperated, staring into her bowl of swirling hot soondobu. "I just couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't bear to see Taeyeon, who got hurt just because of another girl. She was such a coward."

The sound of the last word sent a shock to Sooyoung. She gripped on her napkin and wiped before silently settling her hands on her lap. Her appetite was no longer apparent as her heart had sunk into her stomach."Well, do you think you'd make things different then? You know, if it was you and Taeyeon all along." With her ears, Sooyoung anticipated for an answer but her heart and mind were not looking forward for any at all.

"Maybe. Maybe not. We'll have to see Sooyoungie. However, you know how much I still care for her. I'll do my best so that she'll realize that I can and will be the only one there for her. Taeyeon's a big part of the reason on why I came back. I still lo-------" Sunny answered Sooyoung without thinking it all throughout. She paused right before she blurted something she wasn't somehow sure of.

"You were saying, Sunny?" Sooyoung asked. 

Sunny retraced her thoughts and continued talking. "I'm going to make sure Taeyeon would be mine. BoA-unnie also said that I should go for it. She knows how much Taeyeon had suffered for three long years and only I could bring the old Taeyeon back."

"Gure?" Sooyoung said, unable to think of any other possible reply to Sunny's honest confession. Her mind was already drowning, just like the piece of tofu sinking to the bottom of her soup bowl.  

"Aren't you going to eat more? I told you it was my treat right?" Sunny urged once she noticed that the shiksin had totally stopped eating.

Sooyoung averted her gaze from the shorter gal across and browsed over the stacks of plates right beside her. "Huh? Oh yeah. I know. I'm...I'm actually full."

"I told you not to eat too fast. " Sunny scolded Sooyoung as she looked up from her bowl. "Wait. Don't move. You have rice on your cheeks."

Sooyoung got startled and immediately raised her hand on her cheeks trying to brush off any specks of grain. "Oh?...odisseo?"

Sunny stood up from her seat and leaned forward over the table top. Slowly but surely, she reached over to Sooyoung's right cheek and picked up the morsel right beside Sooyoung's lips. Squinting from smiling from ear to ear, Sunny popped the clump of starch into her own mouth. Sooyoung just stared back at the blonde wide-eyed and stricken, her cheeks were already starting to feel warm and it's not from the vapors rising from their food.

"Mmmm...maa" Sunny squealed with her typical aegyo.

To other people, Sunny's cute aura might ask for a PUNCH on the face but to Sooyoung, it's a certain type of cuteness that calls for a PECK.

"Uhmm... Thanks Soonkyu."

Sunny settled back into her seat and raised her head as soon as she heard her old name from the giant."Sooyoungie, it's been a while since you called me that. It feels weird since you were even the one who named me Sunny."

"Yeah. I guess it's been a while, Sunny." Sooyoung said and then muttered under her breath. "It's because you were always a ray of light. You brought sunshine in my life."

"Mwo?" Sunny asked as she heard her singing partner murmur something she couldn't hear.

"Nothing. I just thought of some lines for a new song."Sooyoung denied as she brought her hand on the table and twirled the metal sticks in her hand.

Sunny chuckled at Sooyoung's randomness. "Yah. If I had not known and lived with you for three years Sooyoungie, I'd definitely think you're crazy. If it's not food, it would be songwriting on your mind."

"Or you..." Sooyoung muttered again.

"Did you say something? You've been talking to yourself lately." the shorter girl complained and scratched her head.

Sooyoung faked a grin and put out her best attitude. "I said the food is incredibly delicious and I should take some home."

Sunny tittered and blurted out while grining. "We'll get some take-out too. Your tummy growls even before midnight. Yah. What am I gonna do with you Sooyoungie? You gigantic stickhead shiksin."

Soyoung was still fighting the pain she was feeling in her heart but she controlled herself. There was no way for her now to ruin everything. She put up her facade once again and countered Sunny.

"Shut up and eat you little blonde bobcut dwarf." Sooyoung barked back and the two women broke into a fit of laughter as they continued their meal.

--------------------------------

Back on one of the units of a condotel, BoA pushed open her balcony door and leaned forward on the railings. She was then followed by her manager who sat in one of the wooden recliners that was set before a veranda. BoA poured herself a glass of wine and drank as she stared into the city lights at night.

"Why are you still doing this BoA? We'll get screwed once CEO Lee finds out." Manager Chilmoo asked amidst the buzzling sounds of roaring engines from the traffic a few blocks away.

The long haired hallyu idol turned around and leaned back on the rails to face her manager who was now sitting up straight on her recliner. She pulled out a cigarette from her leather jacket and lit it, puffing a wad of smoke afterwards. Skillfully, she switched from smoke to alcohol as she spoke. "I got it all laid out in my head oppa. Stop worrying."

"Yah. I already told you to quit smoking. It's bad for your image and most certainly, bad for your health." BoA's manager yelled and stood up, attempting to swipe away the stick from BoA's mouth.

"Ah! Give me a break Chilmoo-oppa. I'm at my own place. I can do whatever I want here. Relax. You're too uptight as a manager." BoA blocked her manager and scooted to the corner of the metal barricade. "By the way, hell of a good job on Soonkyu's single. Didn't expect you'd do such a thing."

Manager Chilmoo shook his bald head and settled back on the recliner."That kid has talent. I'm just helping her out like what you're doing."

BoA scoffed as soon as she heard her manager compliment Soonkyu."Talent? Yah. Chimoo-oppa. It took her twice the time I did to just debut. She got rejected twice, one of it was when Taeyeon got in. Must be because of her uncle that she wasn't kicked out of the program. Lucky dwarf..."

"Why are you dragging Soonkyu then? We can easily take down Taeyeon with those pictures." Chilmoo asked her client, confused on why BoA kept on playing games.

The hallyu star rolled her eyes and took in another lungful of smoke before puffing it out in perfect white circles that floated into the air. "That won't be fun at all oppa. And you heard the president. They already had planned to debut Soonkyu after Taeyeon. The only way for me to remain at the top would be to eliminate my competition. All my competition..."

"Then why did you agree to help Soonkyu debut?" BoA's manager crossed his legs and listened intently for an explanation.

BoA turned back around and settled her wine glass on top of the corner table. She raised her head to view the midnight blue sky. "Do you know what meteors are, oppa?"

"Yeah. They're just a bunch of rocks." her manager replied, unmoved in any way.

"Precisely. A bunch of rocks up in the skies that fall down on earth. For a moment they become stars...shooting stars... But once they hit earth, they're going to be nothing else but ashes...they'll never be able to reach back to the skies."

"And? What does this have to do with Taeyeon-ssi and Sunny?"

"Taeyeon and Soonkyu are like meteors...Once they reach the skies and become stars, in an instant, they'll eventually crash and burn." BoA narrated as she drew her hand towards the sky and plummeted it down to interpret her words.

"Aren't you too harsh BoA?" Chilmoo interrupted, slowly surfacing his concern.

"A survivor has to survive oppa, I am the first and last to stand. You were the one who taught me that this industry is the worst so I have to fight my way through. This is just me doing exactly what you taught me. Survival of the fittest. Only the best hallyu star can shine the brightest." BoA stated in as a matter-of-fact manner. "Waeyo oppa? Have you started to soften up?"

"A--anniyo. So when do you plan on releasing the photos?" the broad shouldered guy leaned forward on his knees and clasped his hands together while looking up at his female artist.

"Patience oppa. I'll have to pay a visit to that girl." BoA teased while claiming her wine glass and consuming the red volume. "Speaking of the devil, have you traced her?"

"Yeah... She's having an exhibit next month. For now, she has her studio at Gangnam." Chilmoo informed, rechecking his phone for the details.

"Great. Buy me some black tulips tomorrow oppa."BoA smirked and threw her cigarette down into the street. The orange hue flickered as it descended down past the building floors and ultimately dispersed into a blast of tiny fireflies as it hit the paved cement.

The well-suited manager stood up and tucked his phone back to the insides of his coat. "What for?" 

"She loves flowers..." BoA declared as she doused down the last of her red wine. "Just a little gift for the actress."

==========================================================================================================

 

another update...just to make up for the times that I didn't. I'll continue next week. Story's probably obvious now. all I need is make the characters spin within the merry-go-round. hahaha and i just wanna say this...yah! BoA! bad- all the way!!! woohoo!